New Expansion (Yep, That's Right) and More!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Cazmac Augur

The Marketplace would be my first port of call.
  2. Cazmac Augur

I am guessing the advantage is to the level 75s, being actually included in something instead of feeling alienated and isolated.
  3. Cazmac Augur

The half-price option for the expansion was for currency only, with the Daybreak Cash option not including the half-price option. Maybe the same applies to the Upgrade?
  4. Cazmac Augur

While there's Live, there's hope...
  5. Orbital101 Augur

RoF Bard class weapon is pretty much a must have...Always great to bring mob back pre tashed with the Entreaty and the Chaos Drum... It help the slow to stick as it seem like without it get resisted quite often

Though, nothing beat the slow and cripple belts... they still need to swing at me for it to land though..

Every other class weapons dint last very long hehe.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Orbital101 Augur

Cant wait to know more about these LVL scaling HA raids... I'm already seeing all kind of possibility to cheat the system :confused:
    Silv likes this.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Sure with any capture program lol... Ive been using Xsplit Gamecaster to make a small tut on how I make my maps and little trick ive gathered along the way. I still need to take the time to finish it lol
  8. Barbwarrior Augur

what time is the stream at ? in real time gmt plz ;p?
  9. Silv Augur

10 PM GMT
  10. Ivorylace New Member

The announcement stream for the 22nd expansion to EverQuest will start on Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 3PM PDT* and we would like to invite YOU to join us at www.twitch.tv/everquestlive
  11. TelinDarkforest Journeyman

EverQuest: The Golden Years
  12. beryon Augur

That has nothing to do with scaling though; you can already bring along dead weight as a rot loot sponge if you want to. I hate to sound harsh, but there isn't really much of anything a level 75 can contribute to a raid tuned for level 105. They'll die to the first AoE. Remember, a single higher level character tunes the entire raid to that level.

The only way the scaling would matter is if the whole raid was at or near level 75. It's hard enough getting groups at that level; getting full raids is unlikely.
    Silv likes this.
  13. Silv Augur

Maybe it's an omen that there will be so little to do everyone will roll Lv 75s to get another raid day in every week!
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

I think a lot of us are anxious to find out what they reveal tomorrow.

The thought of 15 raids alone has perked up a lot of ears... :p
    Silv and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

I missed about 1st 30 min of the Live stream. I am hoping to find the time to watch it but I am still hoping that their was going to be a FAQ post about the questions asked here about the new expansion. but that might be too much work for the staff and pull them away from creating and testing the expansion.
  16. eqgamer Augur

I just rage quit 6 accounts...

Actually I'm just contemplating whether or not to go ahead buy the premium (on one account because as much as I'd like it on another its too expensive), I have the collectors...the question is...is that clickie worth another 50 (40?) bucks? I'm thinking it is.

Soulbane
  17. Krowbar Apprentice

I'd buy the premium version if it came with all the previous expanions collector/premium versions and their associated /claimable stuff.
  18. segap Augur

There are already people who buy every other expansion to get two for the price of one. Such a change would then have people that buy the collectors every time only buying it every 2-3 expansions to maximize. Those special items are meant to be incentives and their limited availability gives them extra value and extra marketing appeal.
  19. Lily Augur

After seeing the beta, I'm curious as to what makes TBM an expansion as opposed to a campaign? What new goodies were added to it that were not in the original campaign? Anything? Anything at all?

What's in a name though, right?
  20. DruidCT Augur

Probably Hate and Fear turned it (in their minds) from a campaign to an expansion. Hate and Fear don't fit into the lore of this expansion (and they admit as much). It was probably originally going to be added as extra free content at some point but they decided to bundle it with the campaign and call the result an expansion. That and maybe a few extra raids. But in the end, its just a name.