new expansion regular edition sux

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leifen, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Coronay Augur

Rofl. Yeah were gonna be shunning ppl if they dont have more than 10 illusion key rings.

Get over it.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Silv like this.
  2. Numiko Augur

Illusions are so 2010... I honestly cannot recall the last time i put an illusion on one of my characters... so a Illusion key ring means as little to me as the mount key ring (I ride one mount and never change)

as a non raider I'm still waiting to see just what group / solo content there will be. so far all I have heard is yea, there will be some HA's .. and you can exp in the few zones added .. maybe.
    Agrippa, Axxius, Silv and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mintalie Augur

Pass it this way when you're done... the Enchanterpocalypse thread just won't die. I think you-know-who changed their name to Reval.
    Silv likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

I seriously just can not even anymore~!
  5. Kobrah Augur

I always buy the basic edition no matter what. Mounts, bags, mercs don't matter to me as much as content. As long as I have access to content I am content and satisfied.
    Leeanni likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The Rewards on the basic edition do need to be increased in some way. Its funny they don't increase them more overall because there are so many things they can do to make getting the expansion much more attractive.

The benefits from most players buying the expansion are big. For casual guilds having most of the members in the latest expansion lets them do group progression much more easily. As it currently is large numbers in casual guilds don't by the latest expansion. Casual guilds have members that struggle as it is with group progression because its created to give at least a little challenge to raid geared folk. Raid guilds are able to demand everyone get the latest expansion. If Daybreak thinks that happens in the casual guilds are insane. We need more of an incentive to get people buying the expansion. Casual guilds will fare better. The better casual guilds do the longer and more likely casual players are going to stick with EQ. The more they stick with EQ the more marketplace sales and All Access acounts will get purchased.

Daybreak seems to be betting on making the basic account lean as possible and then hope those of us who want every single advantage possible go for the more expensive packages.. that or they run a guild called Lions of the Heart and are a sucker for a flying lion mount.

Daybreak PLEASE do more to get everyone in the latest expansion. Going Jerry MacGuire on you Daybreak, HELP US HELP YOU. Do more to generate expansion sales its a WIN/WIN.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  7. Vlorg Augur

don't you have enough bags already? with the rof-coTf-TDS hunters? I have 32 slots in my shared bank now... There's no enough gnome decapitated heads to fill all my bags.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

There are tons of players out there that don't have a lot of big bags and they are also the players that are least likely to get the new expansion so anything that will encourage them to get it is a good thing. And has little cost to daybreak with the exception that those of us who max our big bags will buy the 40 slotters when they eventually hit the marketplace. So we will buy one less bag if more is handed our with the expansion.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Miakaa New Member

I thought the standard expansion edition was a bit lean. As it stands collectors and premium editions are too high in price for me. Usually you would get a 32 or 34 slot bag with standard and collectors would get a much better one, but with the hunter and collector's achievement I really wouldn't miss the backpack all that much. I would love to see a teleportation clickie to the new zone be included in the standard edition. Or maybe do a pre launch event that would get us an item that could port to the new zone.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. anvil Elder

i find it pretty sad that in order to get the painting i have to spend $90 or $140 for the expansion. CotF was bad enough with no box art painting with the dragon on it but now we can only get the box art painting if we pay alot of money. So sad that the painting isnt even in the standard edition.
  11. Hiladdar Augur

The "fluff" offered on the collectors and premium is not worth paying the extra 55 or 105 USD over the standard edition.

The only item which worth considering, on the collectors / premium is the touchstone of health, but it is not worth 55 or 105 USD,
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

While that's true about the bags and some of the other goodies, this casual already pre-ordered three regular copies, even after noticing that the items included were underwhelming. Why? Well, I can open /claim, and see tons of items I haven't claimed in the last 10+ years, because when you really get down to it, most of that stuff doesn't really matter.

If you just want to play the game, standard edition is just fine. AND, it was cheaper than all the other expansions have been ($36 - 10% = $32.40, vs. $40), so just look at it that way. Underwhelming items, but $7.60 cheaper :)

Tat
    Agrippa and Tarvas like this.
  13. Mayfaire Augur

Enough bags? What is that? :eek: There are NEVER enough bags, my friend, omg. :D
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Standard edition is no more lacking than any of the previous standard editions since CE became a thing.
    Kiillz and Agrippa like this.
  15. Famka Elder

If only I could have bags inside the bags that I have in my bags...
    frankie78227 and Mayfaire like this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Debatable. I likely will be buying the standard edition, but for some people it's worth it.
    Some people paid 6-10 kronos (potentially $180) for an arx raid ornament when they were new.
    It's a reality, some people have disposable income. More power to em.
  17. Wizdons Augur

i miss when you bought the reg expansions it came with a bag...
    Elricvonclief, Yinla and frankie78227 like this.
  18. Numiko Augur

I've actually never understood the big bag thing, sure i have a few i got in claims over the years but I still tote around backpacks too, weight is not a problem as even my weakest caster has close to 800 strength .. and I have never ever filled more then 25% of my bag space up before I could visit a vendor or bank...
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

One word.... packrat :)

Weight is totally not the issue. It's looting everything, and keeping it all, cause you >just-never-know< !!!

Tat
    Zezack, Fanra, Mayfaire and 4 others like this.
  20. Zunnoab Augur

A standard pre-purchase should give more than it does in my opinion. It's paying in advance, after all.

The ludicrous pricing of the other editions is a different topic entirely.