New expansion in September? LOL, srsly?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --Voodoo-- Augur

It's a good game. Single-player games just don't seem to have the same life that EQ has. EQ exists without me, single-player games don't. Granted, I haven't played a single-player game in ages so maybe that's changed. Either way, I'm happy here so I have no interested in looking at anything else.

People, however, are awful. I play to relax, which to me means not dealing with people. I really don't even box, probably because I'm not even all that fond of my own company. I do have an alt on another account, but that's just for something a little different now and then. I fully accept the limitations that not boxing/grouping places on my ability to progress.

Point is, you don't have to like people to like a multi-player game. If it's good enough, even a misanthrope like me will like it despite them. Others who aren't willing or able to group or box should probably be more accepting of the limitations, but that's no excuse for you to presume to tell others what they should or shouldn't like.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bring it on!

1 expansion every 6 months would suit me down to the ground, one with a level increase and 1 without.

With lots and lots of house of pancakes !
  3. wingz-83 Augur

I have never and will not box, for me the choice is one account. If you can't cut it like that and boxing is a good way for you or anyone else to have fun in EQ, great. Nobody is even forcing you to play the game; as you already justified your reasons for your existing account you don't even seem to do that.
  4. CaRnon Augur

Level increase EVERY expansion is STUPID and needs to be fixed.. Every other expansion a level increase used to be the norm.. now every expansion my current focus effects on my gear are obsolete almost instantly....

Just give us a little bit of time to enjoy our current gear.. heck by the time some of us get a full set of T4 it will be made obsolete by the new gear.. UNLESS they get smart and decide that our focus effects stop being effective at current max level and let them go for 5 more levels on top of current level..
    Leerah and Fenudir like this.
  5. Axxius Augur

I'm curious about PoMischief (the last portal in SL) and Burned Woods (the closed off zone in Jaggedpine Forest with a druid portal being built nearby similar to the SL one). Maybe that's what's coming in September? Otherwise it's going to be a shame if RoF remains incomplete. :(
    wingz-83 and Pirlo like this.
  6. Slasher Augur

ROF ended with tier 4. They said in an interview sometime around march/april at one of the conventions Tier 4 would end the lore for this story and something new would come up "different" would be next.

Notice they didn't say new :) So taking bets mayong is back :)
  7. Kamea Augur

Steady stream or not, we're not gaining anything. We're getting the same amount of content (4 tiers), just having to wait longer for it. It's hard to say that we're paying $40 for expansions anymore, as we're not actually buying fully fledged expansions. We pay a subscription fee and have to buy what equates to a "one year only DLC season pass" on top of that.

Lets not bs ourselves. From a technical/checklist perspective, ROF was the worst expansion in years. Tier 1 and 2 were 'quantity over quality' in content. T3 seemed decent enough for what it was, but 2 raids in a whole tier was pitiful. And T4 was clearly a rush job (isn't that what staggered releases is meant to do away with?) The staggered content made them copy and paste from one tier to the next way more than they probably would have otherwise.

HoT was probably the best expansion in years; again, from a technical/checklist perspective. I would be a lot more optimistic if HoT was the template for future expansions, not RoF. You simply can't put out a new expansion with 2 tiers. If the devs simply no longer have the resources to do 4 tiers at launch, then perhaps try to have a Goldilocks moment and settle on 3 tiers at launch, and the 4th tier later on. I simply see too many problems trying to shove an entire expansion into 2 tiers. There's a reason why 1st tiers always played a minor role in previous expansions.... it makes no sense to have a 4 zone tier 1 and a 2 zone tier 3, it should be the other way around.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  8. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I second this. HoT is my favorite expansion of all time. (Ya I said it!) and I would be thrilled if I found out that it was the model for future expansions.
    Marton likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

HoT was cool I really enjoyed it, I still go back and have fun, I've not enjoyed VoA or Shadow of Fear.

HoT knew how to recycle old zone and make them feel new, Shadow of Fear didn't.
  10. Trajet D'Or Augur

Except they didn't change your words, your quote is exactly the same and the post is not edited.

You should probably tell Amnerys to include not editing any/your quote box and/or not mimicking your sentence structure in the board rules rather than in the future punishing people for not being aware of the 135th post in some random thread.
    Behelit and Sinestra like this.
  11. Braveheart Augur

His original message. I think it was changed.

not to group with others vs. not to multibox
  12. Raptorjesus5 Augur

This is why I try not to come to the forums. No amount of good gameplay will erase the bad taste in my mouth from reading posts like these.
    Reht, Dre. and Sinestra like this.
  13. Trajet D'Or Augur

Changing words - modify Elidroth or whoever's quote and then write fixed. - Did not happen.

Mimicking words - accurately quote Elidroth or whoever and then modify quote in body of post and then write fixed. - Did happen.

If either or both are against the board rules, include that in the board rules. Don't ban someone who quite possibly never read post #135 in this thread whichever new rule(s) are in place with no more warnings.
    Xeladom and Behelit like this.
  14. Sinestra Augur

Everyone has their moments of temper tantrums I guess.
  15. Sinestra Augur

-Voodoman 2013
    Voodoman likes this.
  16. Axxius Augur

What do you mean? Elidroth's original quote said 'group', Siddar changed that to 'multi box', as well as added 'not'. The difference is very obvious.
    Pirlo likes this.
  17. Sinestra Augur

18. Trajet D'Or Augur

Elidroth Post #64 - Multi-boxing is 100% a choice. Someone who CHOOSES not to group with others, for whatever reason, is not being forced to box, and by doing so, incurs those high costs entirely of their own volition.

Siddar Post #85 attributed to Elidroth - Multi-boxing is 100% a choice. Someone who CHOOSES not to group with others, for whatever reason, is not being forced to box, and by doing so, incurs those high costs entirely of their own volition

Siddar Post #85 attributed to Siddar - Not multi-boxing is 100% a choice. Someone who CHOOSES not to multi box, for whatever reason, is not being forced to box, and by doing so, incurs those high costs entirely of their own volition.

Mimicking the post which resulted in Elidroth's final warning for that behavior. Although it's not in the board rules I'm a frequent visitor and am well aware of Elidroth getting upset if someone changes his quote, if the 3rd paragraph was in a quote box attributed to Elidroth.

I'm finding out if mimicry is also something that upsets him and pointing out that whatever a Dev considers an objectionable posting style that warrants disciplinary action should be described in the SOE Forum Guidelines perhaps as an addendum.
  19. Axxius Augur

Oh I see. My bad. He didn't actually edit Elidroth's quote. Somebody is overreacting just a tiny bit. :oops:
    Leerah and Sinestra like this.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

DO NOT EVER DO THIS AGAIN. I will not tolerate people changing my words. I have enough trouble with people inferring their own meanings from my ACTUAL words without people changing them.

This is not a joke, and it is your only warning.

Fixed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.