New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. code-zero Augur

Challenger level perks and not losing a level is definitely not garbage
    PCSS and Noteefs like this.
  2. Numiko Augur

These should have been new veteran awards.
  3. Rivalry Apprentice

Whomever is in charge of decisions at this company, and made this decision .... don't let them make decisions any more.

This is like the canary in a coal mine of a game and a company about to flush themselves down a toilet.
  4. Yukaan the Bear Journeyman

If y’all don’t like them, then don’t buy them. This is light years away from paying to win. Darkpaw is a for profit company, don’t be shocked when they try to make a profit.
    PCSS, Stymie, Ozon and 2 others like this.
  5. Fooleryx New Member

Im all for them making money, but this should be so much more than something i can live without.
    PCSS and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I fully don't support this...

What is this a Petri Dish to see how we 'feel' about the topic??

This IS EXACTLY a pay to win introduction. Everyone should be treated equally.

I am disapointed in this executive decision.

IF this game becomes a pay to win, I won't be playing anymore.

I experienced this BS with War Robots. No thank you.

/Veto
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Make these free for gold accounts, and pay for it on ftp accounts.
  8. Celestian Elder

Krono is already pay to win. You can exchange real world money for in game currency and buy items that are tradable. It's particularly nasty on TLPs like Mischief.
    Noteefs likes this.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

No, this should not be an open discussion on what is fair ..

100% pay to win = NO ..

No is no. not in EQ.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Everyone can buy a krono. Everyone can earn plat and buy a Krono from someone in game. A teanager plaing EQ can buy a Krono for 2.1+Million plat.
  11. Celestian Elder

If only the game restricted you from buying krono only in game huh? It doesn't. Suggesting people "Earning plat and buying KR" is remotely like purchasing the same currency with cash is a fantasy. Not to mention you literally were complaining about pay to win and you can literally do it with KR.

EQ is lost.
  12. Byun Elder

You should have included all of this in all access monthly bundle and just increased the cost by 2 dollars. We understand there is inflation and you have to earn more money, but doing it this way appears to be trying to rip off your customers.

The marketing team really should've looked at how you guys presented this.

There are blatant P2W aspects of these perks and should be given to everyone that subscribes monthly.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Leerah like this.
  13. error Augur

The entire point of a subscription model MMO is that everyone pays one price and is on equal footing. When you start allowing people to pay a premium for in-game advantages it cheapens the experience for everyone. These are the kinds of predatory practices you expect to see in cash grabbing mobile games that capitalize on addiction, not established MMOs. Competition should be through gameplay mechanics, not a contest to see who's willing to pay the most money.
    PCSS, Sara Connor, Kakgumu and 5 others like this.
  14. Numiko Augur

Grants access to twelve-slot trader’s satchels.
    - I never fill the ones I have now.

Enables an additional slot in your inventory.
    - with 40+ slot bags, Dragons Hoard and Alt's banks to fill I never run out of room with what i have now.

Adds a 10% chance bonus* to gain skill points in crafting skills.
    -I'm maxed already in the ones I care about

Loyalty vendors, such as Alerynril the Loyal, will provide a 10% discount on loyalty items.
    - Gee now if they only had something worth buying on them.

Your mercenaries will gain experience 10% more quickly.
    - Let me introduce you to the Overseer Quests, you max out on merc AA's VERY quickly using them.

You won't lose a level when your character falls in battle.
    I think last time this happened to me was when i got caught in a death loop in Fear in 1999. (back in the days when clerics were expected to bind in the zone)

Gain a 5% experience bonus that multiplies with other experience bonuses you earn.
    Really? 5% you would have to maintain a spreadsheet of your exp to notice the difference .

Rake in 10% more coin from your kills.
    Well at least coin has no weight now, but I don't think this would be noticeable either, not to mention already have millions of plats in the bank, having 1,100,000 wont make or break me

Earn 10% more alternate currency from modern raids.
    nice now i will have 10% more raid coin that will rot as I have nothing to spend it on by the end of the expansion, now if they had made raid coins tradable to alts that may have been something interesting.

Think ill pass ....
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Like I said, don't be part of the petri dish on an experiment on the Pay to Play thread.

veto.
    PCSS, Joules_Bianchi and Abundant like this.
  16. Bobokin Augur

I guess we just better budget better with our cash. :eek:

This is pay to win stuff. So sad. Who at the office chat thought this would be a good idea? "We'll give them more veteran reward, but we'll call 'em Perks and charge them extra for it."

<shakes head>
  17. Bobokin Augur

They want players to pay monthly, pay for expacs, pay extra for collector's expacs, pay through the nose for the uber expacs, pay for loot boxes full of mostly old stuff and booby prizes, and pay for new "pay to win" Perks. Got it.
  18. Slasher Augur

What exactly is pay to win in here guys ? Come on be real.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Dre. Altoholic

Right? If we're going down that road make it juicy enough for me to be enticed.
    PCSS and Ozon like this.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I would buy if the bundle unlocked 15th and 16th character slots, so I could have one of each race/class on my account. maybe make the 2 perk bundle unlock a character slot, and 3 perk bundle unlock a second.

Or make one more slot available from loyalty/dolls of character each.

I really want 16 slots bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.