New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I think you missed my point that working on the perks is not taking away from either of those things.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Qelil Augur

I just stated my consideration regarding the if and when nature of the perks delay. Yes, of course they encountered something unexpected. It doesn't work. They can't release it. So much for trivial undertakings in software development.

I understood what you said but it was framed in the context of comparing revenue benefits of the choices which my reply addressed I hope. I was not recommending one thing over the other based on revenue potential. I never said that and in my reply I pointed that out.

In simplest terms, moving to 64 bits needs to happen and the sooner the better when the limitations of 32 bit memory are already problematic to the developers in implementing other features which was the context in which one of the developers referenced problems with this that I quoted. Sorry, I cannot recall what thread that discussion is in but I think it may have had to do with illusions or heritage crates in some fashion? Anyway, it's here to read for yourself if you care to go find it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Qelil Augur

Of course it is! Development resources are stretched thin already with some things they want to do still waiting for the lack of resources to do them. That has been discussed by at least one developer here that I have seen as well.

When you have finite resources and you task them with yet something else it only follows that of course some other work has to wait. That was the point of talking about development priorities.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you think they are not also actively working on fixing lag? Or that upgrading to a 64 bit client will be simple? In the end it sounds like you don't want them to work on anything but those two items.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Qelil Augur

Feir'Dal Heritage Crate Spoilers | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com) is where Ngreth mentions 32 bits being a problem in one particular feature case.

You are asking me about lag which I did not mention. You are asking me who has told you nothing in software development is trivial if moving to 64 bits will be simple. Then you conclude that it sounds to you like I don't want them to work on anything else.

If that's the best you can you can come up with we're done. I am not here to argue needlessly about something we at least both share the same love for I imagine or else we would not be here. You are not in Township Rebellion without being hardcore into EQ. I'm glad too. I loved raiding once up a time, absolutely loved it.

I am going to go play and give this a rest. You might want to do the same.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure there is a problem with the 32 bit client and it needs to be updated to 64 bit however just because it is needed doesn't mean the upgrade will be simple or quick and should block other work from happening. All I am saying is that the work on perks is going to be a lot less work then upgrading to 64 bits.

As for the lag statement I got mixed up and thought you had brought that up but it was someone else.

In the end while I might not care for these perks I am glad they are still finding new things to add to the game to improve it and maybe the extra revenue will help encourage other upgrades such as 64 bit.
    Qelil likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What is to say they are not already working towards upgrading to 64 bit? We know from other threads they have changed the databases, Dzarn years ago posted he was cleaning up code. Reading between the lines they have been working towards 64 bit for years. But if they need a bit of extra cash from selling Perks to make it happen, so be it.

I'm sure more time has been wasted over the 3/4 patches we have had for trying to get hunter achievements right (which still aren't correct) than perks.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Skuz like this.
  8. Samatman Augur

If they would just tell us that the revenue from perks were going to be reinvested in EQ1, lots of us would be on board for the extra sub fee. But we have zero communication and that won't happen. This is honestly the saddest thing we deal with month to month. No communication.
    Kaenneth, Qelil, Kaylandra and 2 others like this.
  9. demi Augur

well so far there isn't any revenue from anything .. perks are on hold .. and no expansion release info of any kind .. thats a sure way to NOT bring in any revenue .. GO DPG ;)
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You're not wrong there.

Communication has always been the EQ team's achilles heel, and I personally think that is 100% the fault of the Daybreak management, I can understand that information about the game coming from the team to the players has to send the right message etc. but I reckon you'd get more out of a casual weekly chat with the CIA/NSA & FSB than you get out of the dev team here they are that tight-lipped.
  11. Kaylandra Some Dumb Druid

I would buy all three if I knew the money was going into EQ1 development.
    Kaenneth and Qelil like this.
  12. Qelil Augur

Fair enough. I don't disagree with you about which project is easier than which at all.

I might be critical, even severely critical of some decisions management makes but I really do share the same love of this game that I think we all do after so many years. Nothing beats this for me. Nothing else even comes close. :)
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You will be pleased to hear a 64 bit exe file showed up among the beta files. It doesn't run anything at the moment, but is shows they are working towards it. :D

Or someone just added a dummy one to shut us all up :p
    code-zero, Qelil, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Its probably just for the new launcher...:p

Seriously though, I hope this is a good sign! :cool:
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or to increase forum traffic? Hehehehehe
    Yinla and Qelil like this.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

technically EQ thinks these are now live, however I just tried to get my 2 extra bag slots.. and I keep getting sent to [IMG]

Which is a nonfunctional page.
  17. Bryldon New Member

I am getting the same issue, just curious are you using KRs for membership or a lifetime sub by chance?
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

nope. I pay a year at a time, 2 accounts for me, 2 for hubs.. he doesn't want any perks I want the extra 2 bags for both of mine.
  19. Zandermill Death by Snoochie

Lifetime sub here, and I was able to access and purchase.
  20. Nolrog Augur

I had this same issue. Lifetime member. Not sure if it was my ad block or just Chrome but I switched to Edge and it worked fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.