New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

"Pick, choose, and stack any combination of these unique Perks to accompany your All Access Membership, and start your enhanced escapades today!"

Pretty sure you need to have an All Access sub first.
  2. Kalvenie Elder

This just sparked a thought. (not necessarily related to the point you were making!)

The precedent with a paid for option of quality of life improvements, such as extra bag slots and inventory slots is, they reduce the likelihood of being introduced in game as a permanent feature for all who pay the subscription. It's hard to go from "this is a paid for perk" to "we're now giving this to everyone" - would just annoy people who have paid, paritcularly if it's a long time and investment.

A better way would be to say, we're going to do a test phase, then a paid for early access phase, then a general role out of new quality of life features - those desperate can pay for, what, 12 months extra access? and attach it to an expansion.

It's late and I may reflect and think this is a bad idea tomorrow.
    Skuz, Ozon and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

Best counterexample might be Veteran Reward AA's.
    Skuz, Kalvenie and Arraden like this.
  4. Kalvenie Elder

good point - I appreciated getting all vet rewards being rolled out to all. Even if I also enjoyed having them as a "perk" for long service to start with.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Welcome to the first $20 per month mmo...that nobody new will ever play. They literally just raised the price 33% on the people who still bother play this beat up old game. Just to see if there is any more milk to squeeze out of that teet before the cow is put down for good. That's all.

I think they know their customers very well: long-time EQ players who probably haven't played another game in 10 years or more, looking at the sunset of their lives and not interested in anything new. And who are happy to continue throwing their money at EQ just to keep hanging out with each other. It's sweet, it's just ugly that the company exploits it so much and delivers so little in return.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Qelil and Skuz like this.
  6. Stymie Pendragon

Who are you repeatedly replying too? The only person mentioning Krono at all over the last few pages is you./boggle
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It seems you missed the start of this with complaints of a krono black market. I would suggest going back to where the replies started if you want to figure out what is going on.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

You don't actually have to buy any of the perks. You really don't.
  9. Derd Augur

Anyone that even comes close to paying 20$ a month is obviously an idiot. Pay yearly add all perks your at like 15$
  10. Qelil Augur

Although they have not announced this yet I would expect some kind of annual option, perhaps tiered annual subs with some or just one new option with all of them included at a discount.

I wonder what percent of paid accounts are actually annual subs. There's no way to know but I would figure a substantial number of people do that considering the annual savings to do so. Then again, everyone's financial situation is unique so who knows?
  11. Qelil Augur

Sorry but I just thought of one other thing related to this. It strikes me as sort of an elephant in the room that many (most even?) want these perks now that they know they are coming. They just don't want to pay for them and I don't blame them considering I am one of them. That may be why saying they are minor and nobody needs them doesn't have much impact. That's not the issue. The issue is, they are going in the game and if they are we want them too. Charging a subscription on top of a subscription to enhance the original subscription is BS! It is! No excuses, no BS upon BS. This is pure unadulterated BS.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

NO, I have a feeling it was people like you.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because I pointed out that people have been doing this since the start of EQ?
  14. HeatherPurrs Augur

Which makes EQ the most expensive subscription MMO available...
    NameAlreadyInUse and Geroblue like this.
  15. Geroblue Augur

Some of the ftp MMOs are costly in real world money to. Crikey even !
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Because they are engineered for whales & all of the content is 2 tiered (at least), you can play the really crappy F2P version or the deluxe super nice costs you a bomb version.

Nobody wants EQ heading down that path other than the CEO & his comrade.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Geroblue like this.
  17. Derd Augur

But the perks are extras, not subscription costs. I have zero idea of other actual mmo sub costs because I like eq. Feel free to enlighten me on real cost subs to anything close to as good as everquest.

Don't include wow, it sucks lost 3 months of good game time there.
  18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

. . because of the history of your posts.
  19. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I spent ove $600 alone in June on my accounts.
    Darn DB button ><

Last thing I need is to add onto my sub for features that have been a history of expansion featues for EQ.

Big mistake if this rolls out.
    Qelil and Skuz like this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I got you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.