New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azurefrost Elder

Just the perk "Cannot De-level upon death in battle" can be used to interesting benefits. I can level my Ranger to max level for that expansion, then turn off normal xp in favor of AAxp without worry. I can also use it to "Ranger Gate" myself whenever I want and dont need a rez. It also allows me to screw about in zones say try to make the run to Mischief from VP or something without worrying about dying and having my corpse unretrievable. Or maybe i just want to run around the zone. I could even train most of the zone away on one character and have my mage sneak by and then when my main dies. Just summon them to the location deeper in the zone. On TLPs its nice for tanks and DT takers to die and take a quick 0% rez to get back into battle. I only really need to max out my normal xp before the next expac with a level increase. I say just that perk alone can change gameplay <_<
    Gyurika Godofwar and Leerah like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They have yet to confirm or deny that these will be available on TLP servers
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Although that would be the target audience in my opinion. TLP already pays monthly subs so this may be a way to monetize the TLP servers further. At least, in my opinion, they would sell more of these to TLP folks them Live folks.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

On TLP there is no Loyalty Vendor until PoK exists right? And wasn't it later than when the PoK zone was even added?

I think this is already baked into the way TLPs work isn't it?
  5. Tornat Augur

The only thing I see that is worth anything on the TLP is the 2 extra inventory slots . the challenger perk has nothing useful on tlp . adventure perks are to small to bother with 5% more xp on 0.100 a kill isn't any real impact . and I can't see 10% more coins looted anyone to care about when most mobs drop 2-3p and most the coins come from selling gems or looting items that sell for krono.

Honestly I don't see who the target market is . The returning player on live who is already in mass catch up mode?
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When you create a char on a TLP it tells you bonuses don't work. RAF accounts for example don't get bonus exp on TLPs.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

13th October my black kitty gets born on Mischief, the extra 5% to get her leveled and AAed will help a lot. When you have a lot to do even a small bonus helps. Ideally she needs to be leveled up before Beta opens up and I go back to my main EQ priorities.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Helicoprion New Member

Seriously... fix character transfer from account to account! These are dumb perks!
  9. Muvandog Journeyman

This is the image on the current log-out page for free accounts. May want to update it before this goes live.

[IMG]
  10. ItemNine New Member

Shaddddy, if this goes live it will finally cure my eq addiction and i will unsub and uninstall.
    Finchy likes this.
  11. Helgate New Member

Since Daybreak doesn't seem to care about "Pay to Win" anymore, can we have our expansion mount blessings (that we customers paid for) unlocked please? Since paying for them seems to be the key here.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It seems to me they just raised the price of the game by $5 per month and are trying not say that they raised the price of the game by $5 per month.
    Raptorjesus5 and Qelil like this.
  13. zarcal Elder

I know that by this point no one at DGB will see this but :) will there be an option at yearly renew to do the whole year? I am not really jazzed about any of them and likely wouldn't but i got out of the monthly model for a reason.
  14. Exmortis_MT Elder

As long as the perks remain optional, I do not really see any issue personally.
    If I want the perk, I will get it, if I don't I won't. I do not see these as "Pay to Win", buying them isn't going to make you win anything. We are talking 5-10% bonus when you play, you have to play, not pay and get.

Honestly EQ is one of the cheapest monthly entertainment items I pay for, so if these paid perks keep my monthly sub from going up? Even better. Thank you perk buyers for your support.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It may be one of the cheapest things you pay for, but it is empirically one of the most expensive games on the market to play.

And these perks absolutely raise the bar. If you don't want to buy them, you are settling for a drive in the slow lane.
    Qelil likes this.
  16. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Hey MasterMagnus, your sig reminds me of Jake Paul or somebody similar. :D
  17. Exmortis_MT Elder

omg 5%!!! That's not exactly the slow lane.
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

If you were on the freeway and the person ahead of you was going 65 MPH, and you wanted to go 68.2 MPH, would you want that person in front of you to be in the slow lane or the fast lane?

Cause that's 5%.

EDIT: If you're short-hop driving around town, that doesn't seem like much. But if you're driving for hours, that adds up fast. And if you're driving for years, like the typical eq journey, it becomes account-defining.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Qelil like this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Have they said this would be the case yet for TLP in regards to this new thing?

If they don't explicitly say no you would think that they would be usable on TLP but maybe the statement you are talking about covers it. Or they are prepared to issue a lot of refunds.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They just want to rent you the power not sell it to you :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.