New CoTF Abilities

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Triconix, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Triconix Augur

Thanks, Elidroth. The new aa's and abilities are awesome!

Mass, Affected - 9k hp, what is there to complain about?

Wade into Battle (lasts 2 minutes on 5 minute reuse) - absolutely awesome that it doesn't lock up combat ability bar and can be used 40% of the time. Obviously warriors need to be aware of when to use it and not use it. You don't want aggro on mobs you're not supposed to.

Stances - work like a charm and noticeable dps upgrade with 2h just with the naked eye alone. I'll have to fiddle and test the DW/SB ones but I'm sure they work also.

Rage of the Forsaken seems pretty useful and awesome. I'm just curious - what exactly does it modify? Is it replacing Warlord's Fury or does it stack with it?

Warlord's Tenacity - no more DoT, exactly what we've been asking for. Again, no complaints.

Bold Attacks - Cool passive ability. However, does it have stacking issues with other passive/active hate mods?

Stunning Kick - Interesting little AA. Could it be made into a bash version also. Plus, what happened to the 2-hand bash I thought we were getting? I didn't see it while getting my new aa's.

Hastened Fortitude - Any AA that lowers the reuse of that ability is $$

The only thing that bugs me is that war stomp isn't affected by the battle leap hastened aa's. It's not worth using yet because of the long refresh.
  2. Repthor Augur

pretty much what he said

*Thumbs Up*
  3. Augok Lorekeeper

It got removed at last minute as it was still having issues since bash kept giving error on trying to use 2H bash

Augok
  4. The real Sandaormo Augur

Anyone know the new /alt activate numbers? or where they are?
  5. Bronzbeard New Member

Awesome to see 2-hand useful again, grats warriors.
  6. Kamea Augur

Those are in the AA window these days.
  7. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Warriors always had stunning kick innately as a class iirc? Does this just improve the chance?
  8. Brohg Augur

Warrior and ranger kicks from lv55+ have a chance to interrupt spells like slam/bash do, but don't stun. Stuns interrupt melee as well, which ... should have an unparsable effect on mob's dps? I don't actually know what the add-on AA benefit is when it comes down to brass tacks.
  9. Repthor Augur

kicks bashes stunned up to lvl 55

with stunning kick it can proc a stun up to lvl 103. the proc has a cast msg its like a tack on proc proc ofcorse is called stunning kick. it procks decently often nothing to game breaking its a 1 second stun enough to interupt
  10. cowyn New Member

Would you recommend using Kick now with the new AA over Bash as standard spam?
  11. Kamea Augur

I put kick in my hotkeys simply due to stances stopping S&B 24/7. The differences are minor enough that it doesn't really matter imo.
  12. Repthor Augur

id defently use kick over bash right now due to this for grouping. for raiding all stuff is immune to stuns anyway and normaly u get just slightly more dmg out of bash but that also is depnded on your + kick/bash dmg + bash skill
  13. Kamea Augur

I have a major issue with War Stomp and Determined Reprisal.

We have way too many unstackable "Increase hit/melee damage" buffs. Really. Why in the world do the devs think we would need even more than these?

And also Wade into Battle.

Why in the world would you give us a disc that defensive procs hate and nothing else? We've been asking for defensive rune procs for years, and this seems like a very wasted opportunity.
  14. Triconix Augur

Rage of the Forsaken is super awesome aggro. Nothing is more enjoyable than ripping aggro away from anyone with just auto attacking while having the aggro modifier buff running.

As for Wade Into Battle - I like it. AE aggro with semi fast refresh (with no damage attachments) is something I've been wanting for a long time.

Honestly, for all the good that came to our class this expansion - which was desperately needed to give the class something fresh - I'm not going to concern myself about the one "wasted opportunity." Hell, the shield stance makes tanking a walk in the park, literally. I found myself just clicking on other stuff just for the fun of it as I wasn't spiking at all.
  15. Wayylon Augur

Is there a defensive penalty for 2-hand? Was going to level up my warrior but that would kinda put a damper on things.
  16. Brudal Augur

[41086] Two-Handed Proficiency
    Restriction: Type 867
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s
    Duration: 06:00:00 (3600 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase 2H Blunt Damage v2 by 80%
    2: Increase 2H Slash Damage v2 by 80%
    3: Increase 2H Pierce Damage v2 by 80%
    4: Decrease Chance to Parry by 40%
    5: Decrease Chance to Block by 40%
    6: Decrease Chance to Dodge by 40%
    7: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 4 is 'Hit Damage v2' and < 100
    8: Decrease 1H Slash Damage v2 by 95%
    9: Decrease 1H Pierce Damage v2 by 95%
    10: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 1 is 'Melee Mitigation' and < 50
    11: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 1 is 'Hit Damage v2' and < 100
    12: Decrease 1H Blunt Damage by 95%
    Text: You ignore your own safety to inflict more damage.
  17. Wayylon Augur

oh bummer, 2handers magically make you forget how to dodge parry and block. scratch that idea.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

I can not agree with this any more then I already do !!

nailed it ..

in grp content, this is new king (ok shared kingship with phantom) for aggro ..

Using the 2hander stance, I when tanking (yes I do that how crazy of me a raid geared warrior using a stance that negates a big part of my mitigation, oh wait.. its weak a## grp content) I bust out up to 32k dps. THATS .. as sexy as it gets for us dps wise !

It in fact stacks, I just tested it at 6/21/14 3:39 (central)

Nailed it again !!

So far tested, not stacking issues, that I am aware of.

I rather like the kick. It gives our smaller warrior brother's the stun option, that us Barbarian (or larger) warriors already get. (bashing that is)

Nailed it again ! !

It does not stack with any of them for any reason. I tested this out today as well .. 6/21/14 3:39 (central)
    So if its not on the timer, it makes MOAR .. sence , then if it did utilize the hastened aa line for entirely another line of aa..

-W.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

And all I will say .. is Rage + wade = INSANITY !! OMFG !!!
  20. Bamkan Augur

Here's my hotkeys :) I'm not bothering with duel wield at this time.

Sword & Board
    /band activate SwordBoard
    /blockspell add me 41086
    /alt activate 687

2Hnder
    /band activate 2Hnded
    /blockspell remove me 41086
    /alt activate 685

the blockspell is because defensive wont overwrite 2hnd proficiency.