new computer that crashes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by kamien, Jan 14, 2018.

1. kamien New Member

I just got a new computer. it has a intell i7-7700 quad core, nvidia gtx 1080, 32gb ram, and while playing the game it crashes and locks up my computer, All my drivers are up to date. I've done the eqverify thingy and still no luck with being able to play. any help suggestion would be great!
    Thanks
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Could be the DX9 I think you need the DX9c for eq instead of the latest one that comes with computers. Not positive but from what folks have posted on here - maybe do a search in the upper right - like dx9 or graphics crash. Also check windows defender - its notorious for thinking EQ is the debil and blocking it. Along with any other anti virus or malware programs. Firewalls?
  3. kamien New Member

thanks all my fire walls have been given full permission for eq
  4. Geroblue Augur

A MS security update from about a week ago is giving lots of Win 7 and Win 10 users problems.
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

How long have you allowed it to sit there, locked up?

What are the exact details of your new system? Mfg brand/model or pcpicker type setup, and if you put it together all the components, MB, GPU, CPU, PSU, Ram, Etc? Is anything overclocked on it, either OC per component or using Bio/software hit this button to OC?
  6. Lyrical Augur

Kamien hopefully you can get it figured out but if I had to bet its a windows problem. The recent windows update actually deleted every piece of everquest off my computer. Didnt move the files like they say. I reinstalled and played and my computer "locked up" . Eq froze, cursor froze etc. Ctr alt del did nothing. Task manager could not be pulled up etc. So I rebooted only to find everquest deleted again. This time the Daybreak folder was there but nothing inside it.

Now I try to download eq and its gets as far as the launcher files and then freezes. Its like my computer/ windows has gotten a mind of its own and has decided that im no longer allowed to play everquest lol. To the point its either deleteing it by itself and now will not even download it at all.

All due to windows forced update.
  7. kamien New Member

I did a new install of windows which was suggested to me. It has not worked it locked up on me last night.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did you remember to instal DX9c?
  9. Geroblue Augur

Some of the security updates for Win 10 are broken. I have had to uninstall one so my computer would work again.
  10. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

make sure your cpu isen't overheating as odd as that sounds
  11. Lyrical Augur

Gero may I ask did you install the entire update that brought the bad security measure or just one of the security measures that installed...........and if the latter do you mind sharing which security measure?

Ive done everything imaginable. I cant even revert back to previous build, or system restore. MS update moved stuff all over the place. Virtual windows, different users and flat out deleted many things. Id love to be able to get rid of a couple of things versus a complete reformat as a reformat is likely to go bad as soon as windows forceably updates yet again.
  12. Geroblue Augur

It was back in November. Completely locked my computer up. I had to go into Windows Update and uninstall it.

I haven't allowed any updates since then. I don't suggest this for anyone unless you are a computer expert.

The one that effected your computer has deleted lots of files, not just Everquest files. I have seen this problem elsewhere.

I don't know a fix, other than to not allow it to install.
  13. Lyrical Augur

Gero I had 3 updates showing. I uninstalled 1 update a security update and tried the patcher. No go. It took no joke 1 hour 45 minutes. The entire 3 updates that MS forced on me took only 13 minutes yet 1 uninstall takes almost 2 hours? There is obvious BS going on here.

Uninstalled Update 2 another security update and after 6 hours it finally gave up and said could not complete uninstall. There were some security files missing. Patcher still did not run.

Uninstall number 3 was Security adobe file. Didnt know that was a thing MS did? Anyway. Patcher is now running and reinstalling EQ. Dont know if it will work or not or run as I have no faith now between MS updates and what is there and what is missing and EQs latest patch.

But you put me on a path I had not yet tried and I got somewhere. So thank ya much for the response.
  14. lordgrayhawk New Member

try looking in event viewer at the time it happen, a lot of time it will tell you what went wrong and you can start lookin there for a problem.
  15. lordgrayhawk New Member

just on chance, what power supply are you running? I've notice a lot of computers come with bare min nowadays. This can also lock up your computer when over worked
  16. xxGriff Augur

Did you get this sorted out? determining if it is software or hardware is the 1st issue. your event log should shed much light on this. as well as memtest86 and other benches/stress tests. I am curious if you have tried running in compatibility mode? and are u running as admin? I have to assume you are running only one instance of EQ? not boxing? and in windowed or full screen? having minimal apps in your start up is a good idea as well.
  17. Minato Augur

make sure shaders are turned on in advanced settings. i had the same type of issue with extreme lag on my old gaming pc. it was as if the less graphic settings i had turned on the harder it was on my new computer
  18. Geroblue Augur

You can set Windows update to check for non-MS software updates.

I have that off as I have had problems in the past where it kept insisting on downloading a patch for an audio card I didn't have.
  19. Lyrical Augur

Ok update thanks to the helpful info PROBLEM = found.

But no idea how to fix it. Why its happening. Or if its fixable.

The problem is within Launchpad. Under Taskmanager/apps/daybreak when it comes up there are multiple Gamelauncherchildprocess something or others all pop up and off and back up at once. The launchpad times out with a 4-503 code. When I "End" all but 1 Gamelauncher..... the error goes away and the green play button appears. Im able to log on multiple boxes doing this. Its a major pain in the butt and not likely conducive to gaming the way the windows are displayed.

Any idea on how to bypass having to end tasks to get the launcher unblocked? Firewalls are off. No idea why this is causing launchpad to freeze on me.