New Berserker question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Agland, May 19, 2020.

1. Agland New Member

Hi everyone. I’m a returning player for the second time (1999 - 2002 and 2014 - 2016). I am putting together a three team box to go with my current 105 Pally. The plan is to level up a Bard and a Berserker from 1 to 95 and then box all three with mercs. I’ve never boxed before until now so we will see how it goes.

I’m running a dwarf berserker currently at level 11 through Gloomingdeep right now and figuring things out ok with throwing axes and leg kicks and having fun but I do have two questions.

First, I have a frenzy hot key that I am using non stop from level 8 to 11 but so far my frenzy skill level is stuck on one. I thought it would advance like the kick skill but it isn’t. Maybe it just takes longer or I need to do something besides mash the hot key?

Second, the elbow smash seems like a broken skill. When I hit the hot button I get an error message each time. Is this not a skill the berserker can use (maybe because he is 2h only)?

Any help for a dumb noob?
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Frenzy is an auto skill.

Type /autoskill frenzy

And you'll automatically frenzy when you're in range and attacking (note, the range on frenzy is smaller than max melee range, I keep a frenzy hotkey up so I know if I'm too far away since it won't get pressed).
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I thought /autoskill is only available once level 60?

@OP - Throw Stone, Elbow Strike are both on Timer 9

This timer is also shared with all of the Berserker's Battle Cry abilities & later on the Kick in the shins/slap in the face abilities.
    So if you are using throw stone this will block elbow strike due to them sharing the same timer - you can see the timer ID's in the combat abilities window.
    Annastasya likes this.
  4. Agland New Member

I do have elbow strike on the same hot key so I’ll change it. Thanks!

I also thought /autoskill was L60 but I can give it a try. So I just need to make sure I’m close to the mob and keep mashing the frenzy hotkey it sounds like.
  5. Craized Lorekeeper

This is not exactly on topic, but a bit of advice ragards levelling up a 3 box team.

Level three toons up at the same time, your bard, zerker and any other class you Wish to add to the mix, and from levels 1 to mid 60s. use 3 caster mercs on AE burn. At those levels casters tank like champs, and with 3 of them on AE burn, you will melt faces of packs of mobs, it’s the best way to self power level in that range. Your characters don’t even have to do anything, the mercs will do the lot.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Didn't know it was level 60 required. They only instituted it a little while ago. My bad on that one.

Just have to keep hitting the skill, it will eventually go up (and if you get too far behind in skills, after you're 5 levels worth behind you get a boost to speed it up).