New beastlord AA chat

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Stubar, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Stubar Augur

AA IRC chat scheduled Tuesday 8/26 - Cleric, Shaman, Druid, Beastlord

Sadly I will be working. We need to have some good suggestions and for someone to bring them forth in a united fashion. Our bickering in the past has only hurt our cause and seems to only get us pushed to the back of the pack.

My wish list still consists of weapon specialization, mana preservation/specialization, and buff extensions/timer reductions to help with our sustained.
    Romance likes this.
  2. Zahrym Augur

I have a list of 35 or so things, just planning on doing it like I've seen...one suggestion at a time when called until he says beastlords are done with for that day, then when it goes to extra time I'll throw out the general hybrid stuff. If anyone isn't going to be there and want's specific things added to the list just pm or it add it on this thread.
  3. Zahrym Augur

These are the top 50% or so from my list so far. So these are 16 out of my total 32, I will be proposing these 32 first unless I see something that's truly genius. Any suggestions/feedback is welcome.

Beastlord Specific:

Bloodmagic - The power of your feral alignment allows you sacrifice your pets HP at a ratio of 1:1 for mana, not like canni, more like spiritual channeling.

Weapon specialization - Flat damage modification, Fury of the Forest type proc, Fists of Fury Type proc

Mana preservation/specialization in the form of specialized evocation etc.

Buff timer extensions/timer reductions to help with our sustained damage on pro-longed encounters.

A much better legitimate Single target way of managing resources, as it stands now we bleed out and dissapear from any meaningful role if the fight is long enough.

Bestial revival - gives your combat ability kick or slam a chance to restore mana, scaling based on the amount of missing mana. You can get up to 2500 mana per kick,
    assuming you are at 0 mana from 100,000. This would scale down if your mana is higher.

Ferociousness - Dramatically increases all weapon damage and accuracy for a short period, short re-use. I'm thinking 380/440/500% accuracy and minimum damage. 60 seconds flat,
    8 minute re-use. Does not stack with Savage Rage line.

Bestial Attunement - 1/2/3% chance to twincast any spell.

Hastened Ruaabri's Fury - 1/2/3 minute reduction in overall cooldown timer. This leaves room for more ranks in the future.

Fury's Final Salvo - A two-three minute re-use, that resets the current cooldown on all spell gems.

Warder's Mark - Mark a single opponent to increase h2h damage by 1/2/3% and give a 5% chance to restore endurance and mana on attack.

Ancestral Ways - Through a combination of martial mastery and spiritual guidance the beastlord can harvest the power of the spirits and grant a himself or an ally full hp/mana/endurance.
    This can only occur once per hour.

Leeping Pounce - Upgrade or rather 'alternative' to cheetah's pounce. You can leap to a targeted area within 75 range, when you land you release a volley of spiritual curses that do significant
    damage.

Martial Escape - You have a 1/2/3% chance to reverse the course of your feral actions and completely ignore a single attack or spell.

Blessing of the Ferocious - Your sheer bloodlust through years of spiritual and martial training leave you with a thirst for combat, anytime you land a killing blow you gain an aura that provides
    7/9/12% melee vamp. within 25 range.

Cold Blood - You embrace pure animalistic nature and ignore the mana and endurance cost of spells and abilities for a short period of time.
    Stubar likes this.
  4. beryon Augur

Hastened and/or Quickened Sha's Reprisal, for when you need to get more than one mob slowed in a hurry.

I see from Elidroth's lists that both Paragons are getting upgraded, which is good, but it doesn't say what the increase is. Hopefully we can make sure these will be significant upgrades, because the ability hasn't really kept pace with current mana pools.

It's been brought up repeatedly that Focused Clamor is less hits for less damage than regular Clamor, unlike the ranger version. Would be nice to get this fixed.
  5. Barc Lorekeeper

Staff Block please.
  6. Hanelce New Member

(Just trolling Stubar here)
    DoT damage increase!
    Stubar likes this.
  7. Hanelce New Member

And I don't know the last time I picked up a staff at all, would really rather not see this one as a suggestion, and actually see it go in, as opposed to something that would be useful for the class.
  8. Hanelce New Member

I like all of the suggestions, however, I don't like curses in this description, curses implies dots.. which we most all of us can agree are bad.
  9. beryon Augur

That's circular reasoning. You haven't picked up a staff because you've had no reason to. If we got staff block & 2h dmg AAs like monks, you'd have a reason to pick up a staff.
  10. Stubar Augur

I've actually moved to 2HB almost exclusively when soloing. Dps is comparable and even on occasion better due to riposting. Staff block wouldn't be terrible, however not high on "must" list. That may be an easy one to have him do...BUT, it should be low on the priority list imo.
  11. Zahrym Augur

If the dot co-efficient was high enough damage (think necro swift dots here) it would still be viable. My intention was only for a large AoE nuke though, something like 45 second re-use. A large gap-closer + burst on multiple targets, basically. We can't headshot/decap/assass raid mobs and I don't think we should be able to, but I don't see any legitimate reason to not have something like this that matches up with what we already have.
  12. Romance Augur

I spoke with Terroz earlier and asked him what he might like to see from the upcoming Beastlord AA irc, here are a few ideas from the two of us I hope to share (if Terroz cannot make it).

Hastened Consumption of Spirit - Reduce the spell casting time of Consuption of Spirit by .5 seconds per rank (2 ranks)

Fade - Secondary Feign Death with a chance to fade equal to our Playing possum aa (1: Feign Death, 95% Success Rate)

Sepll Subtlety on/off - An option to turn off/on spell subtlety for tanking in group content

Vet Wrath Style pet aa - (passive) I think our warder damage needs to be a larger part of our dps, it used to be a bigger % of our dps when they were introduced, and it's already a large part of our survivability. I think a veterans wrath type aa that would effect our warder would help to achive this without throwing things out of proportion and it would be easy to balance over time. [PC crit rate is ~25% with ~45-50% of their dps coming from crits, Pet crit rate is ~23% with ~30% of their dps coming from cits, I think this could be raised to be ~40% of their dps coming from crits and it would still be a balanced boost.]

Pet Haste aa - An instant aa version of pet only haste to allow us to get back into combat more quickly after dying and re-summoning a pet.

Prolonged destruction type aa - an increased chance to crit + crit damage at a lower amount than the wizard line, and at a limited hit count (4 ranks, 5/10/15/20) "Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage by 120% and Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage Chance by ~35%" in SPA 294 if possible so it wouldn't stack with cataclysm
    (or)
    Spell crit damage mod - An aa that has a spell crit damage mod on it, we don't have one except cataclysm. "Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage by 160%-200% of Base Damage" would probably be fair. Same SPA as above.

Warder's Sacrifice - Sacrifice your pet (kill it) in order to return a large amount of mana (3 ranks, 5/15/30k) 20 min recast

Feral Instinct - (passive), HH proc at a 1% chance to proc on a melee strike, 3 ticks duration. I don't know how the new HH effects are written, but something that would equate to 2-5% weapon delay reduction. This would help us to imrpove our sustained dps while not effecting our burn dps.

Continued ranks of extended Savage Rage, Bestial Alignment and or Group Bestial Alignment.

Improved weapon damage with hth, 1bh, 2hb.

I've gathered in my short time as a Beastlord that we seem to be a solid sustained class with the ability to use our discs inefficiently to put out a competitive but not chart topping parse. So I've geared most of these ideas towards better sustaining our dps, I think our best path is to strengthen the things we are already good at. Most of the abilities I came up with are just versions of other abilities already in game and made to better suit us and hopefully easier to code as they already exist in game.
    Stubar likes this.
  13. Zahrym Augur

For future reference you can see what is already planning to be updated https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz8DhhLkRmzzTGtneEI3ZEJuQUU&usp=sharing at that link. So we can remove things that are already being updated unless it's a specific request, like adding the HH proc to an existing ability etc.

A lot of these are duplicates lower on the list (things we have asked for before and he said no basically) but they are there, they have been very against beefing up hybrid spell damage in the past. I think the only non-duplicate is the enchanter type IoG thing asked for so I can add that.

I will also be sending a copy of the IRC chat to aristo so he can see the suggestions for possible spells and discs in the future if we get turned down on some of the major things for AA's, we can possibly get them as new spells/skills/abilities.
  14. Shang Augur

For reference, I've been requesting this for Clerics since the inception of these AA chats.

The standard reply is that it is not possible.

Last year, Elidroth conceded that it would be possible to create a new AA with an agro modifier equal to that in which SCS removes. Permanent, song window.

You may want to center your request around that, instead of an on/off toggle.
    Romance likes this.
  15. Zahrym Augur

Feral Anger - An option to turn on spell agro equal to subtlety for when agro is wanted. Functionality similar to Crescendo for range extension.

is what I have on the list currently, like I said...most of what he said is regurgitated from previous suggestions and i've gotten the large majority of beast/ranger/bard ones down to things that are workable.
  16. Romance Augur

Thanks friend :)
  17. Recnarp Augur

I predict 95% no's and 5% we'll see.
  18. Romance Augur

So you're saying there's a chance?
  19. smash Augur

I am really not hooked for that our warder becomes a larger part of our dps. I am more for that it becomes LOWER %
    And reason is that the warder has become weaker in ac/hps. So when/if warder dies, the loss of dps would be that % of our total dps.
  20. Zunar Augur

Tossing these out there too:

Blunt Force Fury
    Punishing blade type of AAs for 2-handed blunt weapons

Staff Block
    similar to existing line casters got

Warder's Summon
    flings the beastlord to their warder's location

Hastened warder's Gift
    bring it down some more

Hastened Ruaabri's Fury
    bring it down a couple minutes

Twincast
    passive AA, 1/2/3/4/5% chance to twincast spells innately.

Animists Storm
    Increase damage of nuke spells for 1min. Crit mod +40%
    Reduce alls skills damage modifier by 15%
    You focus on your arcane skills, leaving you in a weaker melee state.

Spiritual empathy
    Passive AA, chance for our warder to gain a heal over time each time we heal the warder.
    (less healing burden/mana/dps loss on AE ramp events, from a raiders perspective)