New beast Aa

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Duhbeast, Oct 27, 2014.

1. AnzoRagespirit Augur

also, if you wanna test your burn DPS ( i know its older content) try The Herald of Oratory group mission, youll see a glimpse of what your capable of, again its VoA content, but its a good test for a timed burn instead of a combat dummy.
  2. Romance Augur

Yeah it all depends on what your needs are, I generally cycle burns on normal mobs to make the xp/quest etc go faster and leave one burn up in case a named spawns but sometimes the named is too tough and you need everything. You can pretty much stack everything on a group named, grp bestial alignment will only effect your grp assuming the classes in your grp don't have hit mods. I'm not exceptionally familiar with what melee don't have a hit mod in their burn. I imagine they all do tbh. But you could hit pretty much everything and see at least a small gain for on your self parse.

This all sparked a nice conversation :)
    Gatash likes this.
  3. Waldagar Augur

Whoa...when did Taste of Blood come back into vogue? I always thought it was a waste of AA and long forgotten. Has something changed?
  4. Gatash Lorekeeper

My EQ memory is not the best but I don't think they have ever clashed? There did used to be issues with Bestial Vivisection and Empathic Fury, whereby Vivisection used to eat EF and so had to be clicked off first. And werewolf illusion used to eat up BA too. RF and SR share no modifiers in common or an illusion component so I don't see any reason for them to overwrite/block each other in the past, but I could be wrong as EQ works in mysterious ways at times!

You can get RF, SR, SF, BA and Evulsing all up at the same time now.
  5. Gatash Lorekeeper

6. Greyowl Augur

The only "boosts" that do not stack (afaik) are Growl of the XY and SR.
  7. AnzoRagespirit Augur

wouldnt having BA and SR up at the same time be a waste though? or does the damage mod stack on it self causing even more damage...being a veteran BST you would think i would know this but my burns have been the same for quite a while.
  8. Gatash Lorekeeper

That depends. Two different scenarios have been presented earlier in this thread. Boiled down, Romance's explanation was how to stack complimentary discs to ensure that each gave out its maximum return and without certain modifiers clashing. There's a lot of good detail and explanation in that post, and stacking/non-stacking info in a previous post. All of that is useful for tailing long or short burns. For that particular order of discs to play out takes quite a while and it's more suited to a raid situation where you need to maintain high damage for an extended period of time.

The scenario that I discussed was on group named, where a regimented cycle of discs could result in some lost potential dps over a short period e.g. 60-80 seconds... the mob is dead before you've worked your way down your disc order (assuming you have all skills up and don't need them for something later). The "Increase All Skills Damage Modifier" of SR is redundant whilst BA is running, but you do gain a recourse effect on the pet that doesn't exist in BA etc. So, you don't get the maximum impact of SR in this instance, but it's still a boost over BA alone in a short fight. On the flip side, in my group setup, if I were to pop BA and SF right at the start of the fight, both would wear off before the named was dead and dps would seriously drop off. So, I still stagger them, but it would be impossible to tell you by how long because it's based on personal judgement on how long I think the fight is taking. And because it's personal judgement, I cannot say that what I think is good timing is actually the best, it's a lot harder to parse those things out.
  9. Greyowl Augur

10. Recnarp Augur

Sup boys, still good see you guys are kickin' it and trying to unravel the secrets of EQ mechanics.

Even though I haven't played in almost 2 years, I had a few questions about your burn. You said you don't stack Glyph and 7th because they don't stack, which is true but the reason I did it back then was because of the following:

[21661] Glyph of the Cataclysm
    1: Increase Critical 1H Blunt Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    2: Increase Critical 1H Slash Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    3: Increase Critical 2H Blunt Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    4: Increase Critical 2H Slash Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    5: Increase Critical Hand to Hand Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    6: Increase Critical 1H Pierce Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    7: Increase Critical Nuke Damage by 160% of Base Damage
    8: Increase Critical DoT Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    12: Increase Critical 2H Pierce Damage by 60% of Base Damage

[6886] Intensity of the Resolute
    2: Increase Chance to Critical DoT by 50%
    3: Increase Chance to Critical Heal by 50%
    4: Increase Chance to Critical HoT by 50%
    5: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 50% and Increase Critical Nuke Damage by 100% of Base Damage
    8: Increase Hit Damage by 55%

The underlined is something Glyph doesn't offer. Auspice of the Hunter does add chance to critical nuke, but it's only 33%. Is there a raid buff that I'm missing that adds more? (maybe a bard/enchanter buff I'm forgetting, but CoP4 is 4% and FE is 10%)

Btw, I may be playing on the new TLP server if/when it comes out. =D
  11. Ravengloome Augur

Innate Crit chance (47%) (I am assuming Beasts have same Spell crit chance as paladins, Ive never tested that sry)
    Auspice (33%)
    Bard epic (12%)
    Fierce eye (10%)

102% chance to crit
  12. Recnarp Augur

Yeah, I don't know the our passive crit chance. Regardless, I would rather have that extra 50% just to be safe you're getting 100% spell crit chance in case you dont have the other classes in your groups or they fail to cast it.

Also, I do remember testing various "increase hit/spell/weapon damage bonus" buffs and they were stacking. ie, Dragorn War Mask and First Spire... Bestial Evulsing and some other v2 hit bonus items/buffs. Lol... reading all this stuff reminds me of debating with Stubar about his +1h blunt clicky he has. <3
  13. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

Is there any reason why Pact of the Wurine gives a charisma boost ? Or is it just my cat-ness ?
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Other classes failing to cast ADPS is a valid reason to shame the crap out of them.

Also Intensity knocks off Auspice.

So you would still be at 97% crit chance, Which means you'd still need to rely on atleast one more thing.

Now I don't play a beast, So take this with a grain of salt: But i would think Intensity would be used after Auspice falls (unless another one is to be cast), or used specifically for the Hit damage mod (its better then GBA). But Like i said I don't know Beasts.
  15. Romance Augur

A habit from when I mained bard in casters groups, I was thinking Intensity didn't land when you had glyph or vise versa but apparently that was just IoG.

Base % mod effects are a fair bit smaller than % mod effects so I'd guess that the spell crit portion is still the largest part of that buff/burn so I might still want to keep them consecutive but it's something to look into.
  16. Apoc Augur

Glyph of courage is the only glyph to my knowledge that doesnt stack with intensity I like druid gbw and intensity best but Cata and intensity could work.
  17. Malbro Augur

What is 7th and IoG?
  18. Ravengloome Augur

Illusions of grandeur and intensity
  19. Malbro Augur

Thank you.

Also what does RF refer to?

Never mind, I figured it out :oops:
  20. Wazrong New Member

Really awesome information here....

Romance, in a raid environment, whats your spell line up look like? Do you have 1 set Raid lineup that you prefer? Maximising DPS is the key im looking for (like most people)