New beast Aa

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Duhbeast, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Duhbeast Augur

So ferociousness and roaring strike. How are they looking? Nice single buff or group? Does roaring hit hard compared to chameleon? It was supposed to when requested. Please give your feedback beta beasts. It sucks there are no new spells, but what can ya do?
  2. Romance Augur

Ferociousness is a self only short duration 'burn' that has a 15 min recast timer.

[46162] Ferociousness
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
    Duration: 24s (4 ticks), Extend: Yes
    1: Increase Chance to Hit by 250%
    2: Increase Hit Damage by 100%
    3: Increase Min Hit Damage by 25%
    Text: You grown with ferocious zeal!

Roaring strike does the same amount of damage as Chameleon Strike and is on the same timer. In game Roaring Strike reads : "This ability brazenly strikes your opponent and calls attention to you, increasing the anger generated by your attacks slightly." So roaring strike will increase your hate slightly whereas chameleon strike will decrease your hate.

[46171] Roaring Strike
    Classes: BST/254
    Skill: Hand to Hand
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Physical -150, Max: 12.5%
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Hand to Hand Attack for 130 with 200% Accuracy Mod
    Text: You are struck by an unseen enemy.

[30728] Chameleon Strike
    Classes: BST/254
    Skill: Hand to Hand
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Physical -150, Max: 12.5%
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Hate: -4500
    1: Hand to Hand Attack for 130 with 200% Accuracy Mod
    Text: You are struck by an unseen enemy.
  3. Duhbeast Augur

Well darn I had specifically asked for an ability that does HEAVY damage and gains agro in place of WEAK damage and drops agro.......Nice.....
  4. plobb Elder

anything else interesting? I know we have only a day to wait but really curious
  5. Romance Augur

If only every ability could do a lot of damage.

The new "Negation of Subtlety" AA should do the trick, it's an AA buff the grants aggro equal to the max rank of "Spell Casting Subtlety", thus canceling it out. Obviously you can also click it off for when you're done wanting aggro.

• Attack of the Warders
    • Bestial Alignment - 3 ranks
    • Bestial Bloodrage
    • Bestial Frenzy - 3 ranks
    • Bite of the Asp - 3 ranks
    • Companion's Agility - 3 ranks
    • Consumption of Spirit
    • Extended Swarm - 3 ranks
    • Feral Swipe
    • Ferciousness
    • Focus of Animus - 3 ranks
    • Focus of the Frozen North - 3 ranks
    • Focused Paragon of Spirit - 3 ranks
    • Frenzy of Spirit - 3 ranks
    • Gorilla Smash - 3 ranks
    • Pact of the Wurine
    • Paragon of Spirit - 3 ranks
    • Primal Fury - 3 ranks
    • Protection of the Warder - 3 ranks
    • Quickened Consumption - 3 ranks
    • Quickened Feralgia - 3 ranks
    • Raven's Claw - 3 ranks
    • Replenish Companion - 3 ranks
    • Roar of Thunder - 3 ranks
    • Roaring Strikes
    • Sinister Strikes
    • Sturdy Companion - 3 ranks
    • Tactical Mastery
    • Taste of Blood
    • Warder's Alacrity - 3 ranks
    • Warder's Fury - 3 ranks
    • Warder's Gift - 3 ranks
    Archetype AA
    • Armor of Wisdom - 3 ranks
    • Burst of Power - 3 ranks
    • Companion's Durability - 3 ranks
    • Companion's Fury - 3 ranks
    • Destructive Fury - 3 ranks
    • Enhanced Aggression - 3 ranks
    • Expansive Mind - 3 ranks
    • Finishing Blow - 3 ranks
    • Fury of Magic - 3 ranks
    • Gift of Mana
    • Healing Adept - 2 ranks
    • Healing Gift - 3 ranks
    • Mastery of the Past - 5 ranks
    • Mental Clarity - 3 ranks
    • Mental Stamina - 3 ranks
    • Negation of Subtlety
    • Persistent Casting - 3 ranks
    • Shield Block
    • Twinheal
    • Veteran's Wrath
  6. Sklak Journeyman

My quick look found only 1 good personal DPS upgrade for beastlords (bestial alignment).
    Will be continuing to use several of our key RoF spells/discs unchanged for the next year it appears, but at least gives them something to upgrade with next non-level expansion I guess.

Based off of Test spell data:

Best upgrade by far: Bestial Alignment 3 new ranks (200% to 275% hit damage mod, and 30% to 45% spell resist). But this is trying to make up for 0 or minimal upgrades on every other burn disc & zero upgrades on added group dps discs/spells:

Frenzy of Spirit is very minimal upgrade for 3 ranks (1% delay reduction per rank, from 54% to 57% in total, perhaps ~6.5% dps upgrade on paper)

No upgrade to group bestial alignment AA. No shared ferocity spell upgrade. No upgrade to Ruaabri's Fury group disc. No upgrade to savage rage disc that I saw.

Focused paragon of spirit has minimal upgrades again, still of extremely limited value. However, group paragon of spirit got a decent boost from 1820 mana/197 endurance per tick to 2450/264 after 3 ranks.

Gorilla smash has gone from being cap+5 stun (105 currently) to cap+3 stun (108 limit)
    Bite of the asp from 4000 dot to 5500 dot for 3 ranks is regular upgrade
    Consumption of spirit upgraded from 9k to 11.2k mana return for new rank (at cost of increased 19k self canni nuke vs. 15k)

Again all just based on latest spell data pushed to test, I wasn't on beta, actual results may vary :)
  7. smash Augur

The FPoS is rather nice upgrade, compared to earlier ones.
  8. Duhbeast Augur

Not every ability but chameleon is borderline worthless, and now so is roaring. Hardly worth the damage to press the button. Are you aware of this?
  9. Romance Augur

Of course it doesn't do a lot of damage, it's a de-aggro ability. Roaring is just a copy w/o the de-aggro if you want to tank, the purpose of the ability isn't damage.
  10. Duhbeast Augur

As I mentioned worthless. We have nukes for agro and playing possum to drop it. Why the illusion of adding something useful when it's redundant and worthless.
  11. Duhbeast Augur

I was hoping to replace chameleon with something that is worth its weight in global cooldowns.
  12. Stubar Augur

It's almost as redundant and useless as using beast slows on raids bosses tbh.
  13. Duhbeast Augur

After playing yesterday I feel like we are still in a decent spot. There were a lot of improvements through aa's that are hard to notice such as improved spell damage plus improved chance to hit spells in 1 aa. Haven't tried new taste of blood yet.
  14. Dr Dice Elder

Necro bump, how much DPS was gained roughly from the double attack increases from going from level 100 to 105? Is it enough to trigger much more triple attacks/flurry? At level 101 going from 210 to 215 triple attack skill ups took a few mins.
  15. Romance Augur

I believe flurry is only triggered off the first swing in a round of the MH, someone correct me if I'm wrong but based on how EQ works in general that would be my assumption.

As far as triggering a noticeable amount of triple attack... I'm not sure really I've never done parsing of double and triple attack.
  16. TibalMurphy Elder

Duhbeast, do you use your macro keys and key-binds? if not i can see how you think its worthless...macro your combat skills togather in one macro...then bind your 5 nukes to that key...and just start button mashing on that key :D
  17. Duhbeast Augur

I don't consider it worthless, but it does what 1k damage? That is pretty much worthless these days, so I was requesting a REAL ability for that slot.

I actually use 3 macro buttons. 1 for our nukes, 2 for our bigger/low cooldown combat abilities, and 3 for the smaller combat abilities/longer cooldowns. I've found it to be very efficient to nuke and then use combat abilities during the global cooldown specifically, and switch right back to nuke and then combat abilities. You can see an example of my UI here. If you have other suggestions please let me know or we could always hash it out in the Arena :)

18. Romance Augur

Spirit Frenzy is still up at the end, it could have been used when you hit BA or SR to increase your swing rate while you have a high dmg mod running. Can still cast a bit more, looks like you have a hot button for your casting that I imagine looks something like:

/cast 1
    /cast 2
    /cast 3
    /cast 8
    /cast 11

based on where your spells are.. which works, but each time you want to cast the slot 11 spell you're telling the game to first attempt to cast the other 4 spells which takes a small amount of time, and likewise if you hit a button while the game is trying to cast the first 4 spells it will stop the hotkey from working, thus not casting that final spell. Personally I'd recommend using a multi-bind for spells instead of a hotkey. IE, you go into your hotbar key binds and make 5 slots of whatever hotbar you prefer tied to a single key and place the spells you want in your rotation in those slots.

Also I don't see Ferociousness, it's short duration (the same as RF) but it's more. Also don't see a breastplate click, hard to see a bit cause of the faded bars though so it might be there.

Your magelo is quite out of date as well, but you had your bracers backwards at the time it was last updated. You had a higher disease mod than poison even though we have more poison DD's then disease. Just be sure to update the right mods first :) Cold > Poison > Disease.

Short video so can't suggest much, and most of this was speculative.

Here is my UI/Layout, it's a bit small but mostly visible.
    [IMG]
  19. sojero One hit wonder

I could be wrong but I remember it being stated that on a swing it would check for a double, then on a successful double (not a hit, just a skill check), it would do the check for triple, and on a successful triple check, you could get a flurry. therefore it could never flurry without a a double then triple attack, IE no first swing flurry.

SK's looked at this on evilgamer a long time ago to see if the flurry tribute was worth it, they found that it was not because we didn't have triple attack and couldn't get flurry to fire.
  20. Romance Augur

Looks like it can at least fire on a double attack, not only a triple.

[IMG]

I would imagine it can also fire on a single attack, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out, I was double attacking on basically every round MH and OH.
    Stubar likes this.