New armor types for newly created characters after x date

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chips, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Chips Elder

New mobs/items for newly created characters after x date.

I think it'd be kind of cool if:
    They created new armor types on random armor drops for players where characters were created after a certain date and the amour stats would be random and change once a year on the drops which would give players a new experience (new stats on drops) each time.
    These could be random armor drops from random mobs and no trade and across all levels/zones.
    In addition, it'd be cool if say every 20 levels a random zone is added with new and/or mobs from different zones thrown into that new zone for a certain level range. And these zones would only unlock for newly created players after x date.
    Some new mobs could be added to the game based off of 'creature parts' thrown randomly together from certain assets (sort of like Spore or No Man's Sky does with some creatures).

Why am I saying only for newly created characters? I think this game is top heavy in that most players are at a high level. I think we should have more content to entice people to create new characters and get a new experience each time. Some of these ideas could of course be used for existing characters as well.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

In my experience, randomly/procedurally generated content is vastly inferior to content created by skilled developers.

I want my game stuffed with imagination and creativity, and not with procedural/random soul-less filler! :)
  3. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

They should do more with player studio for EQ. I don't even know HOW to submit designs or I would have been backing up their pipeline for review LONG ago.

Then again, they had a great system in Landmark (sigh) where users reviewed content for appropriateness once technical specifications were validated from the submission. Wish we could get some of that, too.

For that matter, wish we could change colors on ALL armor sets; I mean, why the heck not... just because they designed them one way shouldn't mean they're color locked! (I know, I know, this requires rework. Meh.)

Procedural generation outcomes are as good as the care and attention that went into their design... as always, assumptions in design become issues/bugs in production. They're just a little more obvious when it's procedural.
  4. Thugrok New Member

I think the community as a whole would be better served by a fast spawn rate for the first 8 expansions. Not a single item from that era is game changing by todays standard but people that do not want to pay for a heroic bump to 85 could see old content and gear up as they come up. There is no reason for Kunark and Velious raid targets to still be a 7 day spawn. 2 hours maybe or 12 tops, when ever some bored 110 wants to get their jollies by wiping out Sleepers solo that means the entire server has to wait 7 days to see those mobs again, and for what? There is no reason for this old content to be so limited. There is plenty of armor and plenty of ways to get it, the game itself has enough content for the adventurer but its no fun to adventure when everything is dead already.
    Jumbur likes this.
  5. Coagagin Guild house cat

You could go as far as CoTF and RoF content here as well. There are still clickies there being farmed by the Povar Pick-up raids on a weekly basis as the the two (once four) main raiding guilds simply can't squeeze them in once a week.

Ironic.

- Coag