New and Old bugs i've run across on the Live servers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zebarathe, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Zebarathe New Member

I just wanted to start a running list of bugs ran into on the live servers. I'm pretty good with logic and have been developing software for over 10 years so i'll try to explain this in a manner of what the logic may be and where i think the logic is breaking

1) Death flag and spell/ability/command restrictions in corpse hover mode are not updated properly upon receiving a rez. What i mean, as you may know when you die you enter a state which i call corpse hover mode in this state all hot bars, group view etc... are remove and only text windows and re-spawn location are selectable. Since restrictions are place on the user in this mode they must be removed when the exit this mode. logical dilemmas cleric casting divine resurrection, cool down timers, zoning vs not zoning, multiple corpses, user interface click vs select detection etc ... These are all different cases where you have to add another layer of logical to see whether or not you can remove the restrictions flag placed on a user who is in hover corpse mode.

I don't have exact steps to reproduce but this does occur, specifically when you are in hover corpse mode, accept a res, and re-spawn in the same zone with out zoning. Once this occurs you must log out and log back in as it requires a complete reload of all timers and reset of all flags. Other then a relog the only way to get out of this state would probably be dieing again. Since when you zone this flag is not removed, but logic could be placed here however that would not fix the problem. What i believe the problem stems from is a tcp packet being lost and/or you are using bit manipulation for switching the flag. idea for a Solution for this would be when user dies create a timed queued task which will run after 5 min (respawn timer is 5 min upon death) and if user

2) Overpowered pet Taunt. Currently pet Taunt is overpowered to the extent that if pet Taunt is on from the start a tanking class can not get aggro from the pet. This could be considered a good or bad thing anyway i just wanted to add the suggestion that if in a group or raid and mt is set then reduce pet taunt by 50% or increase intervals of time between taunts. Since taunt is pretty powerful now and does not work once you have 100% aggro, its hard to beat an automated taunting bot in comparison.

3) timers and display, been noticing a lot of cool down display issues with the UI for cooldown periods of abilities and spells, i'm not sure how to reproduce but if you just play normally you will see it occur.
  2. Malbro Augur

Item no. 2: I don't know what pets you are talking about but as a beastlord, I can gank aggro from my warder just by casting my DD spell, frozen venim constantly.

Ergo I would say pet taunt is NOT overpowered.