New alternate currency

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qbert, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Goralondos New Member

Does an unassigned item really make sense for the loyalty vendor? Is there a history of that pattern?
  2. Cicelee Augur

Does this qualify as new content, trying to figure out an alternate currency?
  3. Raisehell Lorekeeper

Hisotry, i dont think so....Normally things dropped on the vendor have a purpose dropped with em. but its been a good week now and no ones figured out a thing. most dont know it exists. and the identify doesnt give us jack on clues. id be willing to bet its never figured out until were told "IF" its purpose is currently in-game
  4. Riou EQResource

There are other currencies on the Vendor, it could be on the wrong one
  5. svann Augur

If it was clickable Id have guessed that it increased the chance of a chase item dropping.
  6. Numiko Augur

I have to agree with some the loyalty vendor needs a bump, the coins have been stuck at TBS for raid and UF for group items for many years now. Would be nice to include a few more expansions Alt currency in her wares.
  7. Gnomereaper Augur

Can we get a hint on this stuff please? Anticipation is nice, mystery is fun. However, we've got nothing to go on which ruins the fun to move to the next stage to figure out what it's for.
  8. ModRanger Lorekeeper

Perhaps a new currency to buy raid items from VOA, ROF, and COTF vendors?
  9. Millianna Augur

My guess it has to do with anniversary event an epics
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It's Luke-lin to me but as for that other name we pronounced it Bob also.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

Well, while not an answer to the original post (by me ><), I did come across another seemingly related item today while running an Everfrost LDoN for some lemming fur. This one has a bit more information attached to it, too:

Crystallized Planar Magic (Glowing): Expendable (1 charge), Effect: Absorb the Magic

Absorb the Magic: Absorb the Magic to receive a large amount of adventure points.

---

I can't say for sure, but I think it gave me 175 points. It appeared to auto-consume without a message.
  12. Raisehell Lorekeeper

random idea...has anyone tried using in the scale touched facet containers of sort? maybe its an alternative to raid drops for gear combines?
  13. Qbert Gallifreyan

Noticed a non-glowing one and paid a bit more attention this time. I received 62 adventure points upon looting when it auto-consumed.
  14. Numiko Augur

Sounds almost like a Beta testing reward system.
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

As for pronunciation, names do not have to match normal English rules. An example would be Houston, which is pronounced "hus-ston" for the city in Texas and "house-ton" for the street in Manhattan, New York City. Also, for English every rule has an exception (or three).

As for the Crystallized Luck, the fact that Absor responded to this thread and did not mention it, that hints to me that it is a new currency (most likely for the expansion) that they do not want to reveal yet. Why it shows up on the loyalty vendor before we can use it, is a mystery that I would blame on coding not having the ability to hide something they are testing.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This would make perfect sense. All zone currency - radiants, ebons, chronobines etc are on the loyalty vendor and even free accounts can buy that currency (It shows up on free and paid accounts). Perhaps a new way to increase LDON points for new items? An upgrade LDON would be cool.

Last year the detergent showed up on fishing merchant in pok before the ROS release. Was outrageously priced at that time.
  17. Thraine Augur

Qeynos (Kay Knows) for life!!!
    Yimin likes this.
  18. Goralondos New Member

Are all the zone currencies on the loyalty vendor? Some are, but there 30+ alternate currencies in the alternate currency list.

I agree with others its time to update the items available on the loyalty vendor.

19. Rickate Augur

Did it increase your earned points in the Miragul theme? Unless that restriction has been removed you wouldn't be able to buy any items just by getting a bunch of adv points from the Loyalty Vendor.
    There are no normal English rules. pee-KAHN, PEE-kahn, PEE-can and pick-AHN are regional variations within one country.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Qbert Gallifreyan

Nope, it was added to the total points at the bottom (green) but not to the themes. Unless they add tons of new ldon items though, it is moot - I didn't buy stuff from the expansion when it was current or now (aside from one dodge augment).

To be clear, those didn't come from the loyalty vendor. They came from drops inside the adventures.