New AC numbers - getting smashed?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Gerzer, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Gerzer Lorekeeper

I know they said there wouldn't be any mitigation differences between old/new values. Anyone seeing this to be true or are mobs hitting a little harder?
  2. sojero One hit wonder

Raided last night, no difference between last week tanking of incarnate and this weeks.
    Felicite likes this.
  3. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

I didn't do any parsing but against both raid and group mobs it seemed to be the same as before the patch. If there is a difference, it doesn't stand out as something glaringly obvious.
    Felicite likes this.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

To my understanding nothing changed but a stat in a window. All you are seeing is what your "true" AC numbers already were. Did this Ranger spell bump sum it up correctly, Tanks? :p
  5. Tucoh Augur

I'd be interested to see what the AC values are of similar geared warriors wearing sta vs agi vs dex augs.
  6. mackal Augur

hAGI would be the highest mitigation (well, hSTA increases shielding so that can't be discounted, but at least mitigation AC wise)
  7. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Yes, it does. As with any change to the game code, there could have been unintentional consequences of fiddling with things. It's unlikely though since it was more of a UI change than anything they did in the combat code (ex. the changes they made to how AC buffs and things would modify pets and mercs).

AFAIK, like Jhenna said, we are now seeing the Mitigation and Avoidance numbers instead of the "fake" AC value that used to be computed from the real Mitigation and Avoidance values and displayed in the UI as your AC.
  8. fransisco Augur

There was ac code changes.
    They made a ton of changes to pets/mercs for example. Test had them unable to tank. It went live with another pet nerf, but not as big as it was on test.
    Could be more things they didn't mention