Never Going to have FV TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lakeshow, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Lakeshow New Member

All the RMT box armies always make these threads asking for AOC / FV rules. Can you imagine a more RMT infested server? I mean honestly no one can expect that to be a good server. RMT is crazy rampant on Mangler and you want to make a server where you can trade anything? Come on now...
  2. Piznut Angry Gnome

Eh I don't think it would be any different honestly. If you even go back to classic times, krono farmers sit in plane of hate and sell loot rights to all the armor that drops. They're doing it anyways, just a different way.

Personally by the time a server is at PoP and higher, most of the big krono farmers have left. I think it would be nice to have some of the top raiding guilds selling their extra loot on the bazaar. Would make gearing alts much easier.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Not a mega boxer but fv would be the best... being able to pass things to your alts would be the best. All these augs I've recently upgraded just get deleted but could be instant upgrades to my side toon.

That's why it's great for the average Joe.

Rmt on any server is bad, but that's because dbg isn't doing Jack squat. Mangler might get all the posts but right now there are 4 picks of an afk macaroni quest farmer auto killing in SG. Hes been on the server since launch as well. Its pathetic.
  4. Magic Augur

Who force you to play on this server?

If you so hate RMT and think them all will come to Free trade/TLP you must pray DBG to make one of this server soon, because all RMter coming there and you will be more happy on your server you play now? :)
  5. Meridian Augur

did this topic really need another thread?
    Borune likes this.
  6. The Hated One Augur

FV, AoC, non-truebox server would be flooded with accounts. You wouldnt have to worry about the big box crews as you would have your own raid instances. Sure...for a some people in classic and kunark it would be toxic...but any less toxic that Mangler and selos? I think not. Less so even with the AoC's. People/guilds would pass gear down..thus limiting the value to RMT. As someone said...you get upgrades...you put the replaced item on an alt or pass to a guildy or buddy. Or you can sell it. It doesnt rot. It doesnt get destroyed. You miss a raid due to RL...np...the guild knows you wanted the SK sword...they bank it till you get back on line...eveyone happy. EQ becomes less of a life sink...which we all know it really is. The benefits outweigh the negatives by a ton. Top that with NONE of the negatives you guys see about a server like this were prevented on ANY of the TLPs. So...yeah this server would be alot of fun. It is the server we deserved for the 20th...that I tried in vain to get them to do.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Uh, no. How is AoC helping folks not conflict with the bot armies on Mangler? A quick check of the threads here tells you it isn't.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

3 box armies is better than 50.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

The thing is, the RMT losers only stick around while the profitable stuff is tradable. Once they have to revert to selling loot rights, its too much work and most move on. If you make everything tradable, they will never go away. You'll have automated bot crews sitting on every worth-while drop for as long as the server has a viable population to sell to.

As much as I'd like to be able to "hand down" things I no longer need... I think the negatives would far outweigh that one positive. Now, if they can get a handle on the automated bot crews.. then ya this could be fun.
  10. Borune Journeyman

^^^
  11. krimmett Lorekeeper

FV lootset actually destroys a lot of the RMT economy. The value of gear being sold is dependent on its stats and rarity (obviously). There would be no rarity at all on a FV lootset. People typically buy gear to hit a baseline for raiding, so they can obtain raid gear which is No drop and gated behind a DZ. No drop gear with DZ gates no longer exist. As mentioned above, guilds would have a bunch of gear rotting in banks that people have access to for free, or minimum DKP. The vast majority of players who purchase large amounts of gear for characters, are often times the same people who raid a lot. Take away the need of raiding players with kronos to buy gear, and it destroys the RMT economy. The only aspect of the RMT economy that would remain would be leveling, but even that would take a hit because people would actually wanna play tricked out lowbies and roll things with them.