Neurotoxic Spike Trap

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sissruukk, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

So, after all my complaining in Beta about this, I decided to play around with it on live with a group. It may have some use after all. The snare/dot is in an AE, so you don't need to run a mob right over the trap to spring it. Plus, it stays up for about a minute and a half, two minutes (somewhere in there) so it lasts for a few pulls, depending on how fast you kill stuff. It didn't aggro the mob onto me when the effect hit it either.

Thoughts?
  2. Crillan New Member

Isn't it a straight upgrade to the Venomous Spike Trap? I believe it does more damage and that's the only change in the effect. The other difference is now, you can place the trap by cursor instead of wherever you're standing. That's probably the better of the two upgrades since it's mainly used to AE snare.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

Yes, it is an upgrade to the Venomous Spike Trap. The only drawback I see after messing with it is that it shares a timer with Pinpoint Defects.
  4. Crillan New Member

Yep, same as before. It's very situational, at best. It doesn't even work in Mearatas as snare bane on the animated.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

I will keep playing around with it. Not sure why I am bothering with it, guess I am bored. :cool: