Neriak and Faydark level 1-10 quests on Aradune?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bronk, May 23, 2020.

1. Bronk Elder

I'm looking forward to Aradune in order to relive the experience when the game first came out and Faydark and Neriak were crawling with people.

I've forgotten if there are any quests there or do we just run around and gank orcs to steal their swords and staves?

Is there a website or something that talks about the progression, assuming there is a progression?
  2. Tucoh Augur

That's a good question. Looking for quests marked as original in Allakhazam would probably be the best bet, though it might be outdated or incomplete.

Another good question is which quests are worth doing or even further, which quests are worth doing vs joining a full group and smashing everything in range. Aradune is my first TLP and I've been trying to answer that but haven't found any good resources for it.

Here's a couple threads with links that might help answer your questions:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...lassic-tool-set-to-help-your-journeys.266311/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...returning-players-on-tlp.266470/#post-3916431
    Minpire likes this.
  3. Arclyte Augur

nope, just kill stuff

be sure to look for the illustrious
    [IMG]
    Foaming likes this.
  4. yerm Augur

Low level xp quests were very heavily nerfed.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

There isn't really progression via quests in classic. There's a number that reward items that certain classes will find useful but often are something you pursue at a higher level.

To be honest you are probably best looking at sites like the p99 wiki for classic-era quests because if you try to use allakhazam and search via zone like Neriak or GFay you have to sift through hundreds of "Newbie Armor" quests that aren't actually in the game until much later. If you have questions or something isn't clear on the p99 wiki, then cross-reference it with Allakhazam.

Keep in mind that quest xp got pretty nerfed a few years back so some things that were once pretty lucrative to use are no longer so. Off the top of my head in Faydark you have repeatables like Orc Hatchets, Lego Pads/Crushbone Belts, and in Neriak the Snake Scales/Fangs from the rogue guild.
  6. Raisehell Lorekeeper

check out the p99 wiki. also, check deity quests just be careful as some make you kos quite a bit.
    Ogre Shams for instance not only can get the hopper spear early and easily, they also get a yaulp clicky from worshipping rallos zek
  7. Bronk Elder

LOL yeah I was trying to remember the name of that one!
  8. Bronk Elder

Thanks for the great advice!
  9. sumnayin2 Augur

If there is an easy quest for cheap armor it is worth doing to limit your downtime early on. Like turning in bone chips for dwarves. Also, certain places have better starting zones. Skeletons in N Freeport drop cloth armor while Gfay doesn't.
  10. Velerin Journeyman

Buy a sewing kit. Make yourself patchwork with ruined pelts. Will hold you till you scrounge together 80pp for banded then good till 50.
  11. Ilshade Augur

forget quests just exp grind
  12. Trevalon Augur

As Bobby said, Alla is great, but for Classic > Velious info P99 Wiki is by far the best place imo.