Nerfs in General

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Frozenbullet, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Whulfgar Augur

This is because every chanter who plays .. know's that was not the intent of the class ever. Yes many took advantage of it, but that does not mean it was right .. nor that it was "intended" to be actual game play per class by design.
    Reht, Sindaiann and moogs like this.
  2. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

if i can pull 3 to 5 mobs and survive it till chanter locks them down i have no complaints.
    fransisco and Azbaelus like this.
  3. Belexes ForumQuester

Yep, I played my SK last night, I have no complaints. I was tanking the same amount of mobs I have always done. I was tanking 3 yellows in TBM with healer merc and 4 or 5 dark blue mobs in EoK. With a 2 hander, I might add.

Cracks me up that people are saying horrible things about this nerf when they haven't played theirs yet. Normal group tanking is pretty much the same. Did a Droga named last night with a healer merc 2 dam caster mercs, a nec, ranger in group. SK tanked with no issue.

I really can't tell much of a difference to be honest. I never used my leech discipline at all. I used my tap spells on occasion. Used a mantle a few times. I played like I have always played.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

I got on right after patch and stayed on until 1AM mountain time. EM server. I didn't see any SKs complain in general at all.
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

EoK HAs give exp on the mobs and the HAs. At least the Droga ones do. Lower level mobs than the normal zone has and not as packed. Worth doing to me.
    Rivitt likes this.
  6. fransisco Augur

LOL p2aa.
    Mage pets were never overpowered.
    They were nerfed due to a lies and miss-information by tanks.

You're just trolling.
    Rivitt likes this.
  7. p2aa Augur

Haha that's what I thought.
    Depending of the class concerned, or class you like, an active call for nerf is made or not
    Are you going to do it for shamans and druids too, as their DPS has went way better ?
    Xeladom likes this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Pretty much the same for me. Raided, did the lcean grp mission, and exp'd in chardok. The only real difference was hp was spikier on the lcean add waves (and larger chardok pulls), and this was tanking them all with no slower/cc and one healer merc, so I expected to notice a difference there.

Losing some power is never fun, but it's really not that bad...people are just being salty and dumb.
  9. Lasherž New Member

If you can't tell much of a difference regardless of how you feel about the patch, then you clearly weren't utilizing much of your SK's abilities. Granted, it didn't ruin the class, but now Warriors more easily tank more mobs than SK's, it used to be the benefit of SK's was the non-linear difficulty with additional mobs added, now we pretty much only achieve that with unholy guardian which allows us to basically swarm anyways. I always felt UG was more overpowered then mortal coil, but I guess the people with SK alts know best.

Read my previous posts if you want the breakdown of what patch would have made more sense, essentially this was a 15% coverage ability that was nerfed where the main problem was the 80% necessary ability Unholy Guardian. Plus, we haven't had that since level 72, so it would be less of a blow to the class's identity to nerf that.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Unpleasant like this.
  10. Belexes ForumQuester

I loved your post by the way, explaining the different tools used and how. I am not a good SK and yes, I do not use all the abilities available. I do not swarm either. Your post will help me play better, so I thank you.

I was just saying with the way I currently play an SK, I didn't notice much of a difference.

I understand what you are saying, I am just giving you the reality of how it affects me. Not much. If I learn to play better, it should affect me less, no? I hate to say this, but I haven't used Unholy much other than in some raids. I know I should be using it more, but really haven't needed it that badly yet. Maybe if I pull mini swarms, which is not my play style. I don't swarm at all and have never done it. I play my SK as a group tank or tank adds in raids. I am not geared well or have all the AA yet so never tanked main raid bosses. I just hit 14K AA yesterday. :)

Yes, my SK is considered an alt as I consider a ranger to be the class I know most. I am still learning the tank game.

I am not trying to say the nerf was good or bad, I am just explaining how it really won't affect those who have play styles like me, which likely outnumber those who created SKs that swarm for various reasons. People were screaming how this affects those SKs who are not at the top of the class. I am no where near that and my SK is not doomed by the nerf.

I am just trying to be open and honest here. I have no agendas like many who come on here to spout a lot of negativity. If only the Chicken Littles post here, it can discourage those in that class that aspire to be better or develop their class more and to not give up playing it.

I wish the Chicken Littles were more honest or at least more knowledgable.
  11. Fian Augur

My complaint with nerfs is how heavy handed they are. They took enc runes from 12 (10 with raid gear) to 30 (apparently 26 with raid gear/spells). Personally I think going from 12 to 20 (10 to 18) would have been more reasonable. You can then adjust more to the desired range when a new expansion with new levels/spells are released (runes don't scale as much towards 110 content).
  12. Hellboy007 Augur

why do people have to bank on OP abilities and such lasting forever? Knowing well that one day it will be taken away..

when you see a train coming dont be shocked when it hits you on the tracks..
    Belexes likes this.
  13. Rivitt Elder

Very well written! This could be a primer on how to play an SK!

I'm saving it in case I ever get back to playing my SK. Every time I think about going back, another nerf rolls in.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Minato Augur

Skill is one thing being completely and utterly behind classes that shouldnt even be able to do your job is another
    Rivitt likes this.
  15. Wuddane Elder

This actually was nerfed a while back. It has a 120 counter now. In the original nerf, it would only process when you actually used the bash skill, no return bashes. They reverted that part though, it still yields the 120 counter however.

For raiders in the group game, this shadow knight nerf really didn't change much. I won't be pulling 20-30 yellow or even cons now, unless I have three berserkers in group that can burn them before deflection drops. With a (mostly tbm, only 3 visible eok slots) raid geared SK and a cleric merc healing the group, I can still easily tank 5 or 6 eok mobs without anything 'special' running while using a sword and board. (I <3 you weapon stances)

For group geared folks that stay on their gear and earn their achievements, this probably won't hurt them that much either honestly.

While pulling 8 - 10 mobs in chardok or droga and using a two hander and either MC or epic, sure it was a bit spikier. Instead of rarely moving from 100% health I would dip down to 40% on occasion, it was fun to have to pay attention again to my health and react accordingly! I had to use dicho for more than just killshots on occasion.

Sure nobody likes nerfs and it makes us a bit sour how it happens sometimes, but lets be honest here....something needed to happen. Giving (shadow)knights stances in their current state was too much. (Hey can we get old reaver's bargain back in exchange for this btw? I miss pulling entire crypt of sul HA's and killing the whole zone in one pull while my group just AE'd).

So we lost a small bit of power...

You know what is more powerful to me though? Getting a solid group of people together, going out to a zone and slaying some baddies and chatting it up, all to have fun. If any of you want to quit because of this, I would advise to not do so. The shadow knight is still a very powerful class, and it is still impressive what we can do with the skills and abilities we have available. Add in a few friends, and beware Norrath!
  16. Minato Augur

o..m..g the best sk ive ever met actually posted on these forums
  17. Belexes ForumQuester

Nice honest assessment!! A gazillion likes!!

I see it the same way you do. I appreciate you coming out and posting this.

I really need to get my 2.0. I am such a slacker!
  18. Wuddane Elder

Play with daddy Drogbaa, he really makes me want to lick his boots.
    Belexes likes this.
  19. Lasherž New Member

It sounds like they already had a workable solution but failed to implement it. I've never had Unholy Guardian fade early, and this nerf that you describe would allow us to effectively ignore it by not manually bashing in order to retain the ability. So why not just go back and make it apply to riposte bashes too? I think 120 is a bit low, maybe like 600 is better (and would still fade extremely quickly under 20 mobs). I would say blocking should count as well but shield flash would render it ineffective before it fades.

So we now have a previously implemented workable solution that is better than the Mortal Coil nerf in that it doesn't affect shadowknights nearly as often as the MC one, but won't allow us to swarm above 12 or so. Our AoE hate AA are limited to 12, it seems like a fair limitation when warriors are pulling 8-10 regularly.
  20. Minato Augur

You're still the best sk ive ever met man you have just always been too modest =P
    Drogba, Gyurika Godofwar and Belexes like this.