Nerfing Vet rewards, after this long?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kmbsjb, Jan 15, 2020.

1. kmbsjb New Member

*** Progression Servers ***

- Guild teleport merchants will no longer sell Brilliant Frigid Gemstone until Torment of Velious unlocks.
    - Veteran Reward AA abilities have been updated for progression servers to more closely reflect the timeline of their introduction.
    - - The ability to claim Veteran Rewards on a character has been moved from Gates of Discord to Dragons of Norrath.
    - - Abilities for years 1-7 (Lesson of the Devoted, Infusion of the Faithful, Chaotic Jester, Expedient Recovery, Steadfast Servant, Staunch Recovery, and Intensity of the Resolute) will now be usable starting with the release of Dragons of Norrath.
    - - The 8th year ability, Throne of Heroes, will be usable with the release of Prophecy of Ro.
    - - The 9th year ability, Armor of Experience, will be usable with the release of The Buried Sea.
    - - The 10th year ability, Summon Resupply Agent, will be usable with the release of Secrets of Faydwer.
    - - The 11th year ability, Summon Clockwork Banker, will be usable with the release of Seeds of Destruction.
    - - The 12th year ability, Summon Permutation Peddler, will be usable with the release of Underfoot.
    - - The 13th year ability, Summon Tribute Master, will be usable with the release of House of Thule.
    - - The 14th year ability, Blessing of the Devoted, will be usable with the release of Veil of Alaris.

Well that sucks donkey nards! Been using all my vet AAs for over a year now and they decide that now they need to restrict them! I just don't get these so called "fixes".
  2. Hateseeker Augur

It's particularly heinous against veterans who play the TLP cycle since most TLPs wind down before veteran rewards are even available. Less and less rewards for being an EQ veteran these days.

these kinds of unnecessary changes started with moving golden idols from classic to luclin, and show no signs of stopping.
  3. Herf Augur

Being an EQ veteran nowadays means that you have calluses on your southernmost aperture.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Back in my day, EQ veterans didn't need handouts.
  5. Brixog New Member

OK EQ Boomer
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Great change out of era abilities don't belong on TLP

OP salty for no reason
    Nolrog likes this.
  7. AtomicBlaze1 New Member

Sweet a great reason to cancel my accounts. Thanks for the update.
  8. taliefer Augur

accumulating years towards vet rewards was one of the few reasons i kept some of my alt accounts active. guess i dont need to do that any longer at least.

I just dont get this change. GoD was explicitly chosen as the time to add vet rewards in way back during Fippy.

its looking more and more like Mangler will be my last hurrah on EQ. just alot of small changes that do nothing but detract from the fun of the game
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.