nerf to Wizards arcane fusion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fortunbas, May 22, 2014.

1. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

Ok devs, you got it wrong. I know most are not surprised, but I felt since we go back so far - like 15 years, I owe it to you to point it out.

Arcane fusion was supposed to have its frequency proc mod changed - as per nerf post, but instead it nerfed the crit dmg I.E, it still procs as often as it did but now hardly noticeable like 50k more than normal spell crit. Can this be fixed? [Edit] To be clear, our previous second sphire PD crit with arcane fusion was 442302 with SD over a 1k etc - Cat glyph was roughly 335k now crits are maxing out at 265k - not cool

Pros

Does this mean that thricewoven's positive weave crit proc has been fixed? yes its been broken since Vishimtar the fallen! some of us would love to start using this spell again sometime in the future. The random proc and chance of a negative weave was all part of the fun.

Cons
    yes it certainly feels like it.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

ok done testing in tower of Rot - have a few of the top wizards in game in guild - max crit for the evening .....298044....
  3. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

yup I see the problem, arcane fusion is being added as a proc and not to the actual nuke - so we need to get the name changed.......
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) It was never having the frequency adjusted. It was having the crit rate adjusted. They have the ability to override a player's normal crit rate for spells, they just don't ever use it.

2) Crit rate and Crit Damage are the same Spell Affect. Unlike pretty much every other mod in EQ, these two mods share the same SPA, which causes a lot of weird and unexpected behavior. It's on the list of things they want to change, but there is no guarantee when or if that will happen.

3) When he used the crit rate override, it also had the unintended effect of overriding the crit mod as well as crit rate. (It was not known it would do this, likely because they never use the override, and it was not documented to work this way).

4) Fusion maxes out around to 95-100k crit now. Your max hit of 265k was an Ethereal.

5) The Thricewoven line of spells has never been a "crit proc." Thricewoven procs a Focus Effect, (like your arms/hands/helm/bard aria/Kerafyrm's Familiar).

6) Thricewoven has never been broken. It works exactly the way it should. It doesn't get used for a variety of reasons that all boil down to the net effect not being worth the cost. (aka, other spells are better dps).
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

7) Your Guild Wizards' max crit of 298k was an Ethereal. (Probably under Chromatic Haze and it hit a high roll from arm/hand focus)

8) Arcane Fusion has always been a separate proc. Only mods get added to the spell.
  6. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Hopefully, since it's being said by one of the most active and technical wizzies that an unintended consequence occurred that *some* of this change will be reversed.

It's kind of hard to believe that they initially released it with the ability to hit half a million damage then bring it down to 90k-- that's quite the visionary change.

Perhaps a happy medium can be found.
    Yinla and Fortunbas like this.
  7. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

I think that the new proc that seems to be separated out needs to at least follow some crit rules because right now it doesn't crit at all....well last two days testing.... PD seventh circle etc
  8. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

Sorry Beimeith I don't agree. Thricewoven good weaves worked a lot better. It was actually noticeable, now its not. So maybe for you its not broken, but my parses show me that the range has not kept up over the years and so in my opinion it is broken. Do you use it now? If not why? Yes the DPS might not ramp up for you but some of us are not purely technical wizards or at least choose not to be and we adapt to the situation and we like to play the random game - weaves and claws help with this and takes away the monotony of the most efficient DPS paths which can be extremely frustrating. A thrice woven proc and then the subsequent possibility of the base nuke at 100 pct plus mods then crit would be awesome. I'm not sure how its all calculated since I don't follow all posts and have missed out specific posts from devs on exactly how wizard calcs are done. I have no doubt that I could work it out exactly given all the correct information but I doubt everything is exactly how the devs think it is anyway.I never really been fussed about it but I do know its not working properly.
  9. Zahrym Augur

It's not a question of whether or not you agree, the good thing about facts is they remain true regardless of your opinion.
    Ravengloome, Reht, Beimeith and 4 others like this.
  10. Axxius Augur

So then how about they undo this nerf until they can make it work as intended? Leaving it nerfed AND broken is a really 'not nice' thing to do.
    Yinla likes this.