Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svann Augur

Never. If people are still trying to beat it then let them keep trying. There are now 10 other raids that can be done. One really tough one is great.
    Endaar and Elyssanda like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Having content that only a handful of guilds can beat (or even see) is not good for the game in the long run.
    Mintalie and Barton like this.
  3. svann Augur

Anyone can see it, or if you cant see it then it is irrelevant if you can or cannot beat it.

But I will adjust my statement to say that if there are any guilds still trying to beat it for the first time then those guilds should be allowed to keep trying. At the point where some have beat it but everyone else has given up then you can nerf it.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you missed my point. There are guilds that will keep on trying no matter what and there are guilds that will not survive content that they keep beating their head against and can't win. Gates of Discord with its over tuned content wasn't very good for a lot of guilds.
    Mintalie likes this.
  5. svann Augur

Thats only because all the raids were too hard iiuc. In this case there are 10 raids that are very beatable, and only 1 that is hard. Its not the same.

The guilds that keep trying no matter what have made that choice themselves. If you are implying this is hurting them, then I gotta say that you cant protect people from their own choices. And the ones that dont do that still have plenty of content to keep them busy. Easy content.
    Benzarden likes this.
  6. Tolzol Augur

To be fair at least its the last raid that is hard this year. Last two years the hardest raids have been dead smack in the middle of progression roadblocking guilds. As svann said there are alot more raids a guild can do until they can either beat this in its current state or wait for the inevitable nerf.
  7. Cleaver Augur

I think we can all agree they're going to nerf this. So why wait ? If its inevitable just get it over with.
  8. kizant Augur

It'll be nerfed in April. Not sure why everyone is so concerned about it. They could have postponed it one month but decided for two instead. Not that big of a deal.
    Brohg likes this.
  9. Sancus Augur

I feel like this has been answered ad nauseam in this thread, but I'll take a stab at it nonetheless.

Delaying the nerf gives guilds currently working on it more time to win, and as such gain the satisfaction/prestige/etc. associated with their efforts. You can see that in Lianeb's PM to Prathun on the first page of this thread. I really respect the desire to beat the event in its current form, especially given how much some guilds have worked on it. That's one of the main reasons why I raid - the harder an event is and the more effort is put into it, the better it feels to finally overcome it.

All rivalry aside, I really do hope MS gets it down pre-nerf, and I hope other guilds do as well. I'd like those players to finally be rewarded for their work, and I think it would be good for the health of the raid game if another guild (or more) was able to get it down in its current state. I hear a lot of different/conflicting information about where various guilds are, but it does sound like some guilds are close enough for that to be possible.

As with everything, there are also costs to not nerfing it. I think holding off on the nerf until the March patch made a lot of sense. I think the decision to hold off until April was less clear cut. That said, there's a pretty clear rationale for leaving it as is for some period of time.
    Pirlo, Endaar, Allayna and 2 others like this.
  10. Brohg Augur

It's my completely unfounded hope that folks appreciate the process and don't object to the raid's final, fixed state. I "suspect" that it will take multiple rounds of mechanical fixes, like several mechanics-intensive events in the past have, and then one or even two tuning passes, as several high demand timed events in the past have. Going from "only RoI" to "only the top #(5? 8? whatever)" really can't be the end of the road.
  11. Lianeb Augur

3% is our best run, we are sub 15-20 pretty routinely
    Allayna, Whulfgar and Sancus like this.
  12. Thrillho Augur

24%! Nice work! Controlled transition, keep it up guys.
    20% - keep going
    17%! Best run of the night guys, good work.
    10%! Wow
    8%! Single digits!
    5%! Almost there! We've got this!
    4%! So close guys, we've got it. We've got it.
    3%! It's happening!
    ...Enrage timer
    10%... Wipe it out guys.
    Allayna and Tolzol like this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I don't believe this to be true.

Having a really tough raid gives meaning to the rest of the content in the game. That extra handful of raid TS items you get every week, the new batches of T5 evolving gear, the improvement you see in your new recruits' burn cycles, the return of some star berserker in your guild you bring in to help beat an encounter. All those improvements are currently driving toward the completion of huge goal of defeating a massively tough raid. And if the last raid in a zone being extremely hard becomes a norm, then all the work farming the content until this fall is driving toward being prepared for that hard content.

But if a raiding guild gets an expansion on farm mode easily, and expects to get the next expansion on farm easily, what is the point of all that progress?
    Endaar, Drogba, Ssdar and 1 other person like this.
  14. Tolzol Augur

Stop sandbagging thrillhouse. Kick harder!
  15. Allayna Augur

Weeks ago....

I will admit that losing to enrage timer and immediate regen was demoralizing for many that night.
  16. Bahdah Augur

'scuse me...

Pirlo, Drogba, Ssdar and 1 other person like this.
  17. Lianeb Augur

Still wiped though 8(
  18. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

To be honest, it wassnt like 0.1%.... more like 0.9%... cause even at 0, it really isnt 0...
  19. Critts Augur

I blame wizard DPS.
  20. Dewey Augur

Sadly wizard DPS needs increased. It's starting to compete with the pally/clerics Damage per year.
    Endaar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.