Nerf Damage Shield PLing on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dimek, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Dimek New Member

High Level DS PLing with Damage Shield needs nerfing bad or any mass pulling PLing for that matter. This whole weekend every zone for decent leveling was packed with AOE PL groups mass pulling not caring who was in the path or how many mobs they took not leaveing anything for anyone else. Very frusterating dieing to the PL trains.
    Kaneras, Strawberry and Kanuvan like this.
  2. Random newb Augur

3. Dimek New Member

Oh so I should leave the zone I was in for hours to make way for mass pullers Pling for money/kronos that were not there before me.......ya No
  4. nagash101 Augur

if you cant beat them join them....
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I powerleveled over the weekend and saw nobody mass pulling in my zones the entire time (with the exception of me and there were no regular groups nearby).

Maybe try straying from the typical route and make use of the multiple other zones that have mobs appropriate level for each bracket.
  6. Dimek New Member

was a ton of Pling going on today In Lguk, Gunthak beach. And I was doing zones for my level. Why should I leave a zone that has a good xp modifier so that a Mass puller can pl and I get stuck going elsewhere in a zone with out a modifier. Sounds like most of you think the PLers have rights disrupting an entire zone for there benefit. AS for trying to avoid a train. Well when a ton of mobs of half a zone worth come around a corner when you are enagaged with other mobs they tend to assist at times, even worse if a bard song is going. I have no issue with PLing in general, I have an issue when it comes to mass pulling and disrupting a zone and training through others just to get their xp, or their customers xp.
  7. Imak Augur

Ludacris has some excellent advice regarding how to get out the way.
    Old Man, AgentofChange and Galleyan like this.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Didnt they nerf Bards for pulling too many mobs at once causing problems?

IIRC most everyone else cheered and loudly.
    But now it's your massive pull and that is ok?
    Just poking the hypocrisy in the eye folks, nothing personal.
  9. AgentofChange Augur

Lguk and Gunthak are quite popular, you are inevitably going to run into PL'ers. They have a right to a zone just as much as you. If mobs are up you can bet they'll be pulled. If you're unhappy there are many, many, MANY other zones to choose from. We aren't in classic anymore.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

Its not ok for mages to beam kite
    its not ok for SK's to mass kill swarms of with lifetaps
    its not ok for bards to swarm kite

But sure; its perfectly fine to disrupt others gameplay so you can PL one of your alts or worse yet bet doing it for plate/krono. This game would be better if, using the gym analogy, all the roid raging idiots were kicked out. They've nerfed most PL methods, I'd be ok to see the thorns spells damage scale with your level too. (say 1/2 point per level rounded up as a cap on damage shields below level 40; that shouldn't effect anyone using them normally)

Or continue to be the roid raging and wonder why everyone in the gym hates you (shrug)
  11. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

TL;DR version of Zanarnar's post:

"You're not using your account (which you pay for) the way that I would and I don't think that's okay. If I had my way this game would be shut down due to lack of funding from people that play in a manner that *I* don't approve of."

Also, with your "gym analogy" it seems you are referring to Planet Fitness. Great "gym." Don't they serve pizza and doughnuts?
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Read it however you want; just agreeing they should be consistent with zone-disruptive PL methods. They're all ok or none are. Its the inconsistent policies from DBG thats frustrating.

Its more of a "you using your account to disrupt my gameplay because you feel your more important then me is the issue; and so far DBG seems to agree that players monopolizing all the spawns in an area and disrupting others gameplay is against their rules". If you need a refresher its here:
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct

And I'm specifically pointing at this part:
    I didn't start the gym thing; and I have no idea as I own a home gym setup so I don't have to deal with public gyms. (shrug) I'd avoid any gym that offers pizza and doughnuts; thats like serving beer at an AA meeting.
  13. Galleyan Augur

Everyone claiming "they stopped X class from doing Y cause it's disruptive" -- You have to remember that happened back when the play nice policy was actually enforced. This is the wild west. PnP was specifically and explicitly revoked for current gen TLPs at some point during early RF/LJ. Unless they specifically reinstated PnP and I was not aware, in which case I would like a source that states such.

Why bother wasting resources to change things because they violate the now defunct PnP? If it's ENOUGH of a problem, they can just arbitrarily ban people, but they don't even do that anymore really.
  14. Chillys Lorekeeper

Bro plz. It's for the gains. Gotta spike that insulin post work out
  15. Rakete Lorekeeper

Sometimes it doesn't really matter, if a specific ruleset allows you to do something or if it does not allow you to do something. Sometimes it's a moral issue and not a legal one.

So instead of pretending to be that hardcore bad- gamer accusing others of crying, perhaps read some Immanuel Kant, start to value kindness and ask yourselves how societies or MMO communities might work the best for all of us.
  16. Weebles Augur

Is it ideal? No.
    Is posting on the forums going to do anything? No.
    Do YOU have the ability to go somewhere else? Yes.

Stop expecting people to alter their behavior to accommodate you. We are in the PoP era. It takes less than 10 minutes to get from one corner of the universe to the other.
  17. AgentofChange Augur

I have a family to feed I need to PL in those zones or my kids are going to starve, but sure, I should put someone else's enjoyment over their survival
  18. Boompets New Member

Immanuel Kant is a smarmy failed vessel of morality void of pleasure. He was rarely stable and is the huge rotten of political theory.

If Kant was still alive, he would be writing on myspace from his mom's basement rambling about how nothing you do is moral unless it can be made a universal law.
  19. Ultrazen Augur

There's a big problem with power leveling. It usually doesn't involve enough people to spawn a /pick. It really only takes one high level character, to disrupt and pull an entire zone. The fact that anyone believes it's ok for 1 person to monopolize a zone, over even 1 group of people in there calls for a giant middle finger.

Can't there be just one server, where people actually play the game in groups? FFS, it's not like there aren't enough choices.

I would have zero problems with this, if it was easier to spawn a /pick, and get away from it. It's not. As far as the "get out of the way" comments.....screw you. Be inside unrest fighting a mob when an unannounced train comes barreling through your pull. Unless you have FD, you're screwed. The agro and /assist code that's in EQ means that quite few mobs will stop along the way to make sure you're nice and dead. Most people could give a damn if they train/kill another group, and some will just intentionally do it to clear the zone and drive people off.

It's a shame these TLP servers always devolve into this nonsense. They are so much fun at the beginning, and quickly tend to deteriorate the second people get characters that can trivialize the content.

Given DBGs tendency to mess with things, I'm actually really surprised that the mechanics that allow this are still in place. Putting a damage shield on a character, and keeping them healed is one thing, but pulling entire zones, having a high level character take all damage, and having the low level character get all exp via an AOE is nothing but an exploit that should have been fixed years ago.
  20. Pictarous Augur

Looooollll. Pseudo intellectuals LOVE Kant.

Up next, lets on Ayn Rand:

Kiani likes this.