Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmoDust New Member

Note I am not posting the videos to complain but just to factually show the issue people are having a problem with here. I can't confirm the Nektulos issue as I did not try a DE before Wednesday but I can say playing a necro on launch week in '99 this would suck to start with now. I can confirm that Everfrost looks *NOTHING* like it did a week ago when I was leveling the warrior in that video to 4.

I do have skin in the game tho I resubbed for 3 months just for Agnarr as I have a lull in contract work right now and am purposely not taking any more so I can slack off for a new months and play EQ again!
  2. anathema Augur

I was trying to decide whether or not to come back for the new server, this has convinced me not to. It was the same last time too with the xp rate and changes to pet agro. How can it make sense to make untested changes like that right before the launch of a new server?
    Dulu likes this.
  3. snailish Augur

Couple of thoughts...

Have people cleared the roaming mobs? Some of them go pretty far... so once a few people are killing them will they respawn closer to the Neriak entrance?

Group up and kill yellow and red cons at level 1?
  4. Lateryn Augur

You can be upset without resorting to hyperbole. Don't be stupid.

Yes density was greatly reduced, but there are still level 1 or 2 spawns(yellow and white are most of the mobs @ level 1, looking both in nek and kelethin).

Will it cause problems, will have to see. I expect it will, just not a whole lot of mobs around, unless they want people to just camp 1 mob that respawns every 2 seconds, so everyone gets 1 mob,
  5. Lateryn Augur

You were probably not going to play anyway, not fooling anyone.
  6. anathema Augur

Which is why I was browsing this forum since the last progression launch. You might want to polish your crystal ball. :p
  7. Ashenor Lorekeeper

Listen bro, watch the video's. We tested our static here last 3 days. The day before the patch there were no issues. Again watch the video there is not one mob on the rock area, zero. GM's nuked all the mobs a few times in the zone today already and non spawned back there.

Again it does not effect me at all with a static, but they will lose people that are trying to solo. Good luck as a melee 1v1 and lvl 3 mob lmao.

I am currently running around here now. Last 25 mins nothing has spawned there. I have been killing stuff on the fringes and around the zone. No Hyperbole dumb***.
  8. anathema Augur

9. Ambee Elder

DBG's complete incompetence is hilarious. There was absolutely NO reason to mess with this, but they just had to screw something big up before the launch.
    Dulu likes this.
  10. mmoDust New Member

I can say that outside Oggokk? there is a decent amount of lower level stuff once you get closer to the troll area. I took my level 2 Troll shaman over there to test the waters as outside Grobb sucked and I had enough white/blue stuff at level 2 to get to level 3 without too much issue seeing as how I was the only one killing mobs at the time. There was a decent amount of yellows roaming as well and I could see the respawns popping back up as I killed them near spawn points as well. I wouldn't call it enough for a launch by any means but there was at least low level mobs to kill.

Maybe some areas just had more spawns than normal up till the patch and they "fixed the glitch" so now we are back to what it should have been the past few years for the progression servers?
  11. Galleyan Augur

DBG Launch SOP:

Build massive amounts of hype
    Release server date
    Release server time
    Kill hype
    Release server

They changed it up for Phinny and released the server and THEN killed the hype after the first mob killed... but hey... Almost the same.
  12. Stevin New Member

Nektulos Forest and Halas are beyond broken. I mean of ALL the things that could have been done in the name of "classic" and they remove most of the level 1 mobs away from the entrances...

Other things which weren't classic which would be easier to remove... like the Marketplace. But let's not talk about that roflmao. Just revert back this ill advised plan and admit it was an utter failure.
    Dulu likes this.
  13. Fluffles New Member

Nothing's as fun as being in beginner zone with 100 other people fighting over 4 spawns.
    Dulu likes this.
  14. Dulu Augur

Can you please explain?

Nektulos and Everfrost are going to be pretty much unplayable if the game launches like this.

Syllestrae likes this.
  15. Kendow New Member

Why mess with things when they are not broken oh mighty dev lords? Why do you hate me so? Do I not show you eternal faith? Do I not pray to you for your guidance? Oh dev lords why must we be spit forth like luke warm water? Are you not pleased with the sacrifice's we offer of hot pockets and energy drinks? Are you not happy with the tidings we offer monthly? Oh dev lords why do you not love us?
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  16. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

My favorite is they insist the mobs are there from what the numbers are telling them but it doesn't even occur to them to actually go to the zones and eyeball it. It takes people posting videos of what's going on in their own game.

Ridiculous
  17. Tachya Elder

I did read the rest of the stuff. Did you? He's running scripts and looking at data. That's not the same thing as checking in game. All these mobs that are allegedly there could be underground or up in the sky for all I know. Unless you actually log a character into the actual game and look in the actual game world, all of this is meaningless. There are plenty of people who did and they posted their findings here.
  18. Anarth Lorekeeper

Massive disappointment right now. Working as intended...yeah. Just fix the spawns, there's obviously an issue
  19. Lateryn Augur

This is from Kelethin newbie, standing at the druid ruins, with track from level 50 bard, sorted by distance. There is about 3-4 corpses on top of these from someone killing.

Around 15ish mobs. Not sure how that is going to work, unless you want everyone spreading out 10 to a pick or something.

What is also not acceptable is it doesn't effect every newbie area. Some are not touch at all. So curious why an "intended" change(if it is even that, considering the zerker excuse(when some of these newbie areas are for races that can't even be a zerker), would only effect some newbie areas and not all.

http://imgur.com/a/s2HVe
  20. Galleyan Augur

#NewbieLivesMatter2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.