Need spell assistance...

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Nosnorb, May 10, 2018.

1. Nosnorb New Member

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this. I am a returning player, started when EQ went live and LDoN was the latest expansion when I had to quit. So when I came back, I got a cleric up to 61 and I am wondering if someone can lead me to a practical spell list for my AC/HP buff, AC Buff, and HP Buff. I'm new to playing a cleric so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have Blessing of Aegolism (Well it started with BoT) but my AC buff and HP buff won't stack with it. Is there a list of buff spells that I should/shouldn't buy? Are the group symbol spells worth buying if nothing will stack with BoA? BoA is a 60 spell and Faith is a 61 spell, why is BoA better? Was Faith a waste of plat? Again, any help would be VERY appreciated!

Nos
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Main single target AC/HP buff = Aegolism, level 60
    Main group AC/HP buff = Blessing of Aegolism or Ancient: Gift of Aegolism, level 60 (not sure on vendor availability of Ancient spells on non-TLP servers)
    Single target Symbol (pure HP buff) = Symbol of Kazad, level 61
    Group Symbol (pure HP buff) = Kazad's Mark, level 63
    AC buff = Ward of Gallantry, level 61

As you said, you won't be able to stack Ward/Symbol with Aego. Main purpose of Ward/Symbol is to stack with druid skin buff. Casters will prefer druid skin over your Aego as it provides mana regen. Aego won't stack with druid skin, but ward/symbol will stack with druid skin. Druid skin does not stack with your self buff - that's either Blessed Armor of the Risen or Ancient: High Priest's Bulwark. Generally you get the same mana regen (or very close to it) from your self buff as you would have from druid skin, but more AC/HP by self buffing instead.

Faith is pretty much garbage, use Aego. I think there's a specific combination of paladin buffs that can occasionally utilize the Faith line, some type of stacking issue with their self armor line. You'll replace Aego with Virtue soon, and then Conviction, etc.

Group symbol is only worth having if you're ever buffing a group of people that don't want Aego, i.e. a caster group in raids. If you're just soloing or something you won't have any use for it. Can save some plat by skipping group symbols at lower levels. You'll want them ready though for higher levels as some classes will ask for it.
    Nosnorb likes this.
  3. Crystilla Augur

Hi there. I don't have the highest levels on here yet but this should work for you as you level.

https://eqclerics.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25
    Nosnorb and Felicite like this.
  4. Nosnorb New Member

Thank you both so very much!
  5. Gundolin Augur

My majorly dumbed down rule of thumb if you have access to druid skin;

Paladins still always need the Aego line.
    Clerics higher mana regen from Aego and self buff, lower AC/HP. I generally take the mana.
    Magicians "slightly" higher mana regen from Aego and self buff, lower AC/HP. Most Magicians prefer Symbol, but it doesn't hurt to ask Magicians which they prefer.

Everyone else prefers stacking Symbol with Druid Skin.

There are always exceptions. :)
    Nosnorb likes this.