Need ideas for places to AFK level lvl 75+...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Brumski, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djinnkitty Augur

Yes, I did. Did you notice how the only point at which he affected your enjoyment was when he wasn't actually afk'ing, but rather when he was grouping with you? Your decreased enjoyment did not come from the fact that he was an afk camper, it came from the fact that he sucked in a group. The irony here is that if he had stayed an afk-camper and you were forced to find someone else to group with who maybe was a bit more skilled, you would have enjoyed yourself more.
  2. Wuttever Augur

I don't agree with this analogy. This is just an entertainment we pay to enjoy. If the guy wants to sleep through the movie, I don't care as long as he doesn't snore. But then, some snoring might be a lot less disruptive than those darn people who won't stop talking.
  3. Lazy automation Elder

What if training afkers makes me happy?
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  4. Djinnkitty Augur

I guess you missed the part where I repeatedly pointed out that directly disrupting others' play is not a good thing? I mean, I can only assume you somehow inexplicably missed that, because you wouldn't dream of making a dishonest misrepresentation of someone's stance for your own benefit, would you?
  5. Abazzagorath Augur

I think its lame. But I don't begrudge anyone doing it. However, doing it you pretty much forfeit your rights to any courtesy.
    Elricvonclief, Genoane and Tegila like this.
  6. Lazy automation Elder

But what if i dont care about disrupting others playstyle i dont agree with?
  7. Djinnkitty Augur

Here, how about I put this really simply for you:

Afk-camping is not against the rules, nor does it intrude on other peoples' playing experience unless it's coupled with something else (squatting on a necessary names, running illegal scripts, etc)

Deliberate training is against the rules, and by its very nature, it negatively impacts the playing experience of everyone around it.

I don't know if your mother actually took the time to educate you on basic human decency or not, but most people in the civilized world are against being jerks to other people... just because.
  8. Lazy automation Elder

I dont think youre understanding me, i dont care its not against the rules.
  9. Djinnkitty Augur

So you weren't raised with manners, then. Exactly why should anyone pay any attention to you if it is your intent to run slipshod over other peoples' enjoyment? Exactly why are you even playing an MMO if you have no consideration for others?
  10. Toquillaw Augur

What absolutely kills me is that I often do tradeskilling while sitting at a boring camp. I let the mercs kills stuff, or in the old days it was my pet. How can anyone tell if I am afk, or tradeskilling, or we are learning languages? I don't always read chat, since it is covered by my containers and the tradeskill window. And on top of that, I still enjoy EQ most with the UI parts turned off (hello, F10 key).

At other times I am reading a book. I did this for days for quests since early in EQ. The joy of rare names with rare drops. Timer set to every 22 minutes or whatever. Yet, I was at the keyboard.

Even more funny is that these days with wireless keyboards, you can be mowing the lawn and still not be afk. So, what is the actual criteria before it is ok to train someone and interfere with their play style?

My wife and I pay a lot for our gaming entertainment, what right does anyone have to decide "just how afk" we are, if at all? After all, the less you care about rules and decency, the more likely you are on my ignore list. So, it is ok to train someone because you are so abrasive they no longer tolerate your silliness?

The beauty is that ignoring your opinions using /ignore is entirely within the rules, but it doesn't mean it is open season on training us (which is not permitted) whether or not the person is afk, or even whether they themselves are playing within the rules. If you have an issue, the correct and reasonable response is to file a petition and let the GM's decide. Which, of course, is also our alternative in dealing with you.
  11. Djinnkitty Augur

I don't think trying to get him to see reason is going to work. He already stated that he doesn't care about the rules, so he already thinks he can run the game better than the GMs. I'm all for trying to help out people who want to learn, or discussing things with people who are open to discussion, but he's made it pretty clear that the only point at which he'll stop is when a GM comes by and demonstrates first hand that the rules apply to him just as much as they apply to everyone else.
  12. Lazy automation Elder

[quote="Djinnkitty, post: 2965234, member: 195"he'll stop is when a GM comes by and demonstrates first hand that the rules apply to him just as much as they apply to everyone else.[/quote]
    Gl with that.
  13. Toquillaw Augur

Yeah, plus his irrelevant reply to your post just proves that fact.

The real issue is that it is coming up to summer break, and we get all the brats playing who never learned that rules apply to them.
  14. Gladare Augur

A) He was getting a kick out of typing one sentence about something I doubt he cares about and having people respond with lengthy debates.
    B) Kids out for summer ruining the game? Is it 2002 again?
    Lazy automation likes this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

1. Take GH to Shard's Landing
    2. Fall in hole
    3. Jump off of pillar thingy
    4. Bind affinity
    5. ????
    6. Mad expz
  16. Sinestra Augur

I wonder if KSing mercs is deemed against the rules since they aren't players?
  17. Lazy automation Elder

Shhh =)
  18. Djinnkitty Augur

You know, if you're so desperate for attention you'll take anything, positive or negative, there are much more productive things you can do to meet that need. Volunteer at your local animal shelter, you'll feel good about yourself, you'll feel loved by many, you'll be a hero in the eyes of the animals you're helping, and you'll be doing an objectively good thing for your community.
  19. Lazy automation Elder

Lol lighten up
  20. Jonny Panic Augur

An instance. AFK grinding is only okay if you aren't killing mobs or interfering with a zone that an active player needs for whatever reason. If your AFK and in the way, they can petition and have you removed. A few won't even bother and will train you instead. You'd never know.

Thus, the best place to do it is in an instance.
    Sinestra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.