Need Dev Response - Focus effects on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tiny Stamper, May 3, 2020.

1. Protagonist Tank

Just trying to get into the mind of someone who views trivial, video game information as a necessity, a month before it's relevant. It's like slowing down to view a car crash - it's grotesque, but you can't help but look.
  2. Tiny Stamper Journeyman

Yet every point you've attempted to make proves you're severely lacking in intelligence. Good luck guy.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They haven't, but nice try.
  4. Basak Augur

The announcement specifies Mangler Ruleset for XP progression not anything related to the ruleset as a whole. Having said that, I don't expect to see focus effects just because it is the most logical decision to bring the classic game closer to it's classic roots.
  5. Protagonist Tank

Aw. You got me. Slapping you like a puppy that went wee on the carpet was all a desperate coverup for my lack of smarts.

In my defeat, I'll give you another puppy slap in the form of telling you - your question was already answered, in a different thread by a dev. But I just lack the intelligence to remember which one and link it for you.

Happily, we've got a month in which you can go back through old threads looking for it before it maters.
  6. Zinth Augur

Dreamweaver already said it's expected to be like Mangler aka NO FOCI.... and it's been discussed in several threads already and I posted a screenshot of Dreamweavers answer and so on
  7. Tiny Stamper Journeyman

Right, it was an offhand discord comment where he was clearly speculating, and even said himself he wasn’t sure. Clarification would take simply a few words.
  8. Zinth Augur

well if they plan on changing it... which I doubt they will, then I am sure they will clarify... they have made so many changes to the TLP's each time a new server opens they add adjustments... that one got added with Mangler... and I would say 99.99% sure it is here to stay on all TLP's from now on (and a wise choice it is too) and it's not a huge deal either way, foci won't make casters land more spells in PoSky than they do already anyways
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Tiny Stamper Journeyman

As noted, 1. It makes caster gearing extremely boring and nearly entirely pointless for a year, and 2. This rule was added specifically to the Mangler server to make that specific server more challenging, and was never said to be a permanent change for all TLPs going forward. If that stance has changed, it’d be great to know, and a dev can say so in 5 seconds.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Devs have said theyre are continuing to work on power bloat in a long term effort to remove the necessity of motm. This would seem to be a part of that.
    KimchiGoddess, code-zero and Skuz like this.
  11. Sikkun Augur

It stuck when everything else about Mangler that was supposed to make it more challenging left. Best indicator you have currently.
    Whoops likes this.
  12. Whoops Augur

The Mangler server did not launch as a challenge server; it launched as a standard TLP server. As a standard TLP server, it had no early focus effects. If they change their mind and *add them back*, I'd expect them to say so. Otherwise, it's reasonable to expect those items not to have focus effects. They're not going to address every previous change by saying "yup, still going to have this, and this, and these other things" for every server launch.

They've been making an effort with every classic-launch TLP to remove early out-of-era items. Every standard TLP to launch after each of those reversions-towards-era-appropriate has retained the changes. They haven't needed to restate each of those changes for every new launch.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Trevalon Augur

Focus effects should be in from the start. Mangler showed that it doesn't matter if they are in or not the content is always easy so at least make it more fun for casters.

Focus effects SHOULD BE IN!
  14. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

It's worth noting that spell focus was removed prior to the discovery of the MOTM double mitigation bug.

Per Ngreth:
    The second bug is a longstanding issue. Probably since that spell effect went into the game, if not then for many many years. So the damage you did on 4/16 (And probably 4/16/2018! ) is the same damage that you do today (4/19) just now it is reported for what it is actually doing.
    I.E. your actual DPS is the same. It's only being reported differently.

Until this was reported on, it was believed casters were putting out twice the amount of damage they actually were. To my knowledge, this has never been adjusted modified to match the original intent of MOTM. Spell focus was removed, then we found out spells were doing 50% of what was reported to be true after the fact.
  15. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Correction:

May 15, 2019
    *** Spells ***
    - Corrected an issue where spell guard effects were being applied to direct damage spells twice.

Did this bug never affect dots?
  16. Tiny Stamper Journeyman

I don’t believe it affected them, could be wrong though
  17. Minpire Augur

Aradune is Mangler 2.0 w/ 2 BOX Per person rule added
  18. C3lowz Augur

I don't understand what the big issue is here? Everything points in the direction that there won't be Focus Affects, we all give you possible likely reasons why it is, yet you continuously shut it all down living under the rock that we will get Focus Affects.

Are you that Ayo person Here https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/aradune-focus-effects.265754/

Looks like you made this account just to ask this question. You appear to be having some form of a mental breakdown coming to the acceptance that Focus Affects are not going to be here. Which as MANY suggested to you already, they will not be.

You're literally the only person who seems to be having the absolute worst time accepting the simple fact that a not big of a deal feature is disabled until Luclin.

The sky isn't falling. Focus Affects will not prevent you from playing this game. The only thing this will affect is farming, which I am just going to outright say it and assume you're a cash farmer and a good chunk of your farming income is getting slashed so, lolrekt.
    KimchiGoddess, TheDohn and Minpire like this.
  19. Brunlin Augur

Yea tbh, since we now have banes, I'm not sure why we dont have focus items. It doesn't really make sense to me.Take one thing out because it to powerful for classic, yet we still have melee augs and banes. Its kind of weird and not very proportion it, if you ask me.

Melees will argue of course, that augments are to make them more balance...said no monk ever...Now non enchanter casters feel left out.....Make focus items in classic !!
    Vindaven and Minpire like this.
  20. Tiny Stamper Journeyman

Mental breakdown? Lmao. How are you people reading that from this simple question? How is no one just saying "yeah it'd be cool to see the answer to this." It's a simple question that would be great to have answered.

I'll still be a monk almost 99% guaranteed. It isn't a big deal to me, but it might be to some people, and it's perfectly rational to at least want it clarified, since it *never has been*.