Need Customer support help

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jiggs, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Jiggs Elder

I need to talk to an actual person on the phone.

The customer support link does not help me and puts me in a loop.

Regarding :Trying to change my email on my acct

Can someone provide me with a phone # please?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

There is no phone support; there hasn't been for nigh a decade.
  3. Jiggs Elder

So how does someone speak to a rep of the company when their online customer support does not answer a question?

Do they want to keep a long-standing customer or not?
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So close out of everything EQ. Bring it up again but just the main website. In upper right you see Log In and on the drop down is Account management when you hover your mouse over that.

Click that, it will want you to log in. Log in.

Once logged in go to "email preferences" Click that

Now look to the right and there is a button says "change email"

Do so, then save.

If you are trying to recover an account and no longer remember the email then that is another story. But they do have a procedure to help you get your old account back: You may need to make a new free account to go thru the process

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-
  5. Jiggs Elder

Thanks I will try that.

Although I already logged before and went to account management, clicked on change email and it asks me a "secret question". (which I answered like 20 years ago)

The answer should not have changed though because the secret question was "Where were you born"?
    It says the answer was not on file (which is absurd) and it wouldn't let me go any further despite me including city and state. (tried just city, tried just state and still nada)

This is why I needed to talk to an actual person.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok so at this point you can petition. Although I don't remember there being any secret questions back then. Hopefully you have the credit card info on how the account is paid for or other information they will ask.

Where you are born is a standard question and sometimes people use off the wall answers or abbreviations but they should be able to help thru the petition - good luck