Necromancer Solo/Molo 100-105

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Saturn8, May 25, 2020.

1. Saturn8 New Member

Hello! Returning player (sort of) I've recently come back once again, and for the most part have been leveling a bunch of alts/doing epic 1.0 through 2.0's on a bunch of toons. Now I'm wanting to turn my attention back to my main (100 Necro), but I am vastly unfamiliar with any of the newer content..

I have some knowledge/experience with House of Thule and Veil of Alaris, but anything past that I have little to no knowledge of.. Any helpful pointers would be appreciated.. Really looking to solo/molo my way up, or if there is anything I can do (like HA's) that I can piggy a 91 rogue (my next highest toon) in to help. Thank you!
  2. birdsong_pawn Augur

One possibility is kiting or root-rotting the treants in the northern part of Frontier Mountains (EoK). That would be good for a few levels.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

As a necro you're going to be strongest against undead. Remember you are an enchanter of the undead. You can slow these mobs and mez them too. You can even charm some of them.

I haven't played my necro in quite some time. I am an enchanter. But I think you should try grabbing some mage pet weapons / armor, taking a cleric merc and finding some undead. Debuff them and rock the extra DPS for your undead lines. This is how ENC molo, except we use charm pets and don't have to be picky about the mobs we fight.

I was gone myself from HoT to RoS (spent a bunch of time in EoK though)
    There are a bunch of undead mobs in the northern part of the scorched woods these are probably too high for you atm. A few in Lceanium which might be enough of them for your molo DPS. I think SW summon and Lcea do not, but don't hold me to that, I am not sure.
    I think there are a lot of undead mobs in the TBM expansion as well, but those might also still be a bit high. I spent minimal time in TBM.

Prior to that, I am unsure, but if you ask around which zones have undead then I am sure you will get some answers. Look at your ACH window to see the expansion order of release and ask general were you could find undead mobs in the expansion you want to play in. Start with the expansion you last played in when you left to test how well your pet tanks and move up from there. They don't have to be undead, it's just that undead give you a huge advantage, especially because of the slow.

Don't forget to be on the ready with levant/FD as you test how hard these mobs hit your pet.

If non-undead and they don't summon, you can use a wizard merc, or no merc.
  4. Silver-Crow Augur

I think you'll find that killing mobs gives you meh xp. The fastest xp is to do the partisan quests for each expansion. On completion of all of the partisan quests for a zone you get a very hefty slug of xp.

My recommendation at level 100... Do the partisan quests in ROF (once you've attuned the portals of course), finish those, then move on to COTF, rinse and repeat and so on. They're infinitely more interesting to do than grinding mobs.

Check out allakhazam, there's some really good guides as to what you need to do quest wise.
  5. Saturn8 New Member

Thank you all for the advise, I will definitely try out all of the above!
  6. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Treants in FM are excellent xp...if you have good AAs & gear you can kill almost anything in FM via rootrot.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  7. Antasirras New Member

The syldon fort in the NW corner of Frontier Mountains (EOK) is an exp gold mine for soloing necros. Root, drop your wounds, rinse and repeat. Gauge how many more DoTs beyond your Wounds spells you need to kill. You can cook up to 6-8 at a time easily. That number will go down as you get more powerful because they just don't live long enough to stack up...
  8. Saturn8 New Member

Treants & Sarnaks are dropping as we speak ty ty! :)
    KarmaKitty likes this.