Necromancer Slow Nerfed?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Xarbokk, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Xarbokk Elder

I have recently returned from a 2 year break and discovered I am having trouble getting my Slows to land with necro. I cast Scent to lower resists, cast my stun+turn undead spell, then cast the undead slow. For some reason the mobs seem to resist the spell to turn them undead or the one to slow undead alot, even with Scent on. A couple years ago I could get them to land 99.99% of the time. Did something change?
  2. Hadesborne Augur

Necro undead slow is magic based. None of the necro debuffs affect magic resists
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

Our Scent of Terris was nerfed so we know longer debuff fire or magic very well. You either get by with the super old tash click or have one of the 15 other classes debuff magic for you now. It was deemed to powerful for us to do so by the AA dev.

At this point melee and tanks debuff better than most others thanks to belts and weapon procs.
  4. sauron3030 Elder

It's the AA dev's vision that our magic based spells bounce 85% of the time.
  5. Venau Augur

Logged in a couple weeks ago to check this stuff and OMG I can't imagine ever playing as a solo necro ever again. The amount of resists still feel unreasonable.

R.I.P. EverCrack!!
  6. sauron3030 Elder

Yep need to have a warrior to debuff for you.
  7. xaga Elder

Get an orb of tishan from Old man Mck
    Skewert likes this.
  8. sauron3030 Elder

Casters shouldn't have to melee to debuff mobs.
  9. GNOME_POWER Augur

10. ~Mills~ Augur

No one is going to convince me that its ok that necromancers have to use an almost 7 yr old? 3 second cast time item for 60 mr debuff that still allows for tons of resists. Considering the amount of magic based spells we have.

When everyone else in game rolls around with 115(unresistable), 135 (resistable but have access to similar stackable tash procs first) or 155(unresistable) magic debuffs. Or that have slow items or spells that don't also carry 20 second recast problems.
    Venau and sauron3030 like this.
  11. Spellfire Augur

Personally, I would like to use this - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=128539 - but I'm not WAR or CLR or PAL or RNG or SHD or DRU or MNK or BRD or ROG or SHM or BST or BER so I can't use it.

Darkened Malosenia:
    1: Increase Incoming Spell Damage by 1%
    2: Decrease Cold Resist by 135
    3: Decrease Magic Resist by 135
    4: Decrease Poison Resist by 135
    5: Decrease Fire Resist by 135
  12. Dolamight New Member

When they nerfed scent I canceled all my subscriptions. I check back every 3 to 6 months to see if they righted the wrong. I will never play again by the looks of it. Never understood how making the game more tedious for players was a good business model. Its supposed to be fun not tedious! Make harder content don't nerf players... simple. I could get by as I boxed a mage and his pet debuffs mobs, but that's not the point. I'm to lazy to click malo on mage but I did use scent to land slows and now its worthless.
    I was grateful to DB that they did scent in before the expansion release so I didn't waste money buying it. No clue how necros are faring now but towards the end I was considering taking alliance off all my raid spell sets and add a dot as I was usually the only necro at raids.
  13. sauron3030 Elder

No one really understands why they did this nerf.