Necromancer Remote Sphere of Decay!

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Anthony CT, May 23, 2018.

1. Anthony CT New Member

Currently the Necromancer Remote Sphere of Decay AE damage doesn't show up on parses. This is the necros only form of AE damage. On raids our AE capability is almost nothing and is the worst of all casting classes. On events where there are groups of several mobs we can drop a sphere but the damage doesn't count toward the caster. Our AE damage on events that have several groups of trash mobs is very low compared to the AE capability of both melee and other casting classes. Is there a simple fix that would allow the damage from our spheres to show up on our parses and be counted toward the caster?

Tonyy, MS
  2. Sancus Augur

3. mmats Augur

Hope you enjoy nerfs, because youre going to see some if sphere shows up on parses.
  4. Ibudin Augur

Couldn't but help to think that very same thing....

There is some recent work down in another thread that sheds some light on to the effective DPS it does - depending on the amount of mobs in the area. Its nice, use it and enjoy it, and in your guild Tonyy, anyone there who has a clue knows its value with out being parsed. No need to have it show up on a parse so we can all get a /pat on the back from our guildies. There is no upgrade this expansion which is a bummer, and who knows if they'll release one in the next - doubtfull.
  5. 31neelas New Member

The ego is fragile with this one apparently. You're going to get us nerfed!
    Thunderkiks and Toruch Fleshrot like this.
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

Can I start lobbing at other classes to distract from the new mellifleur? Let's talk about the mana regen capabilities of mages, enchanters and wizards and ignore the OP.
  7. Brohg Augur

You can do that any time you like, that doesn't take permission or context.

OR

Here me out-

OR

You can remember that players are not the class they play.
    There is no such thing as keeping secrets from the game's producers&developers.
    We're all on the same side in a PVE game.
  8. kizant Augur

Talk about wizard's mana problems all you like!
  9. smash Augur

However any damage a person does should show up, so it can be seen and evaluated in classes overall balance.

It make harder/impossible if something does be stealth damage.
    kizant likes this.
  10. menown Augur

I distinctly remember the necro AA "Gathering Dusk" not reporting any damage in the past. Necros asked for it to report its damage. The response from a Dev was something like, "It is your choice to use the ability, whether you can see reported damage or not."

So I don't think the developers care at all if the aura reports damage or not. I am also indifferent about the aura reporting damage. I don't care either way. I use the aura all the time, and I know that it benefits me to use it.

The problem that I have with the issue tracker, posted above, is the wording used in the description.

"The necro auras like Sphere of Decay do not report damage. Ideally, it would be attributed to the caster so we can accurately parse DPS and so we can better comment on class balance issues."

The part underlined is the part that I have problems with. Who is the 'we' in this statement? Why is the main focus of the description to 'comment on class balance issues'? I am sorry Sancus, but for this reason alone, I will not vote for this issue.
  11. Sancus Augur

That's fair. As you well know, I'm not the one who wrote the report, although I did vote for it.
  12. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Regarding hidden damage, changes were made to some of those types of abilities within the last year. Recall a monk ability being one of them. So isn’t impossible for devs to do if it is asked for. (If that is what the community wants that is).
  13. Brohg Augur

That was pretty different, the same kinda fix that made Alliances show. Sphere (all auras) are a whole 3rd party, summoned by the player, that in this case is dealing damage we wanna know about. I'm sure it's fixable, but it is a different fix than Curse of 13 Fingers & Alliances.
  14. Beergoggles Elder

A better question is why would any dev put a damage spell/ability into the game that doesn't show its damage to begin with?
  15. mmats Augur

To try and hide something that is too good. ;)

Seriously tho I think its due to the way all auras are set up.
    menown likes this.
  16. Zalamyr Augur

I find it kinda funny that we have to be concerned that having sphere be parsable would result in nerfs.

It's literally the easiest spell in the game to figure out dps potential for. It does the same damage, all the time, under all circumstances. It scales with nothing. The only thing that can alter its damage is the number of targets it's hitting.

Plenty of abilities can scale in ways that are difficult to 100% account for, but sphere isn't one of them. If the devs couldn't get the DPS they intended on that one correct, I don't know what to say.
    Brohg and Sancus like this.
  17. Dewey Augur

How do you downvote this?
  18. Venau Augur

I'd much rather see resources invest in reducing server lag as well as creating additional content.
  19. mmats Augur

Devs may not realize how well sphere does in comparison to wiz AE. I think sphere and mage beam are where they should be, and wiz need an upgrade. Though you never know if devs may go the opposite direction.

Also they may not take into account the higher risk associated with using sphere compared to normal AE's (aggro through walls/floors).
  20. kizant Augur

The status was changed to 'tracked internally' so at least someone is looking at it. Who knows what direction they take in the future. That's always anyone's guess but it should help players make a case for improvements once all the data is available.