Necromancer Race/Model Questions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Average_Joe, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Average_Joe New Member

Hey there! I'm relatively new to the game - I played a couple years ago to around ~40 on an Iksar necromancer, and now that I'm back I want to start over with necromancer, specifically, but something that bugged me a ton was how iksar lich form was still the basic human skeleton despite a model for iksar skeletons existing. Anyways, I have several questions:

1.) Is Iksar regen too good to pass up, or can Dark Elves make up for their lack of it due to their higher int?

2.) Is there any point where the lich spell skeleton models change to something else?

3.) Is there a point where your undead pet model changes from the basic skeleton?

Thanks ahead of time!
  2. Kruler Journeyman

You get Iksar skel form at around 75/80 as part of your conversion line.
    Im very biased, have tried other races, but end up back with the Iksar with its regen and AC bonus.
  3. Average_Joe New Member

Does that model persist up to max level or is it only a couple spells before going back to something else?

Edit: And if the latter is true, what does the max level conversion spell look like?
  4. Brohg Augur

Baron Yosig's Skeleton makes anyone that wants to look like standard bleached Iks skele. if that's what you want - all set.
  5. Felicite Augur

If you are playing on TLP, Iksar Regen+AC might be a perk for a while. On Live, Defiant gear will mean all your stats will be capped most of the time and play what you want.
    There are a variety of skeleton (and specter) illusions for Lich spells. A while back they split each spell into two Buffs: a Lich spell and an Illusion spell. Meaning you can permanently block the illusion(s) if desired (it's what I do).
    Much like Lich spells, your pets are summoned with a wide range of models depending on spell and pet focus item. There are also a number of pet specific illusion spells.
    Average_Joe, Sheex and Rhaage like this.
  6. Average_Joe New Member

Fantastic answers, thanks! One thing, though - is it possible to catch up regen-wise with iksar as another race? The AC isn't as big of a deal, but the regen seems almost invaluable for keeping lich-form up as much as possible.
  7. Rhaage Augur

sort of.

Technically an equally equipped iksar will likely regen a few hps more. Based on the data in Magelo it looks like that number may be about 40 hp / tic at most.

However, 40 hp per tic when you're unbuffed at about 150k or more is a drop in the bucket.