Necromancer Pet Problems

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Peasant Noodles, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Peasant Noodles New Member

Hi guys,
    I started playing Everquest as a Necromancer and I'm now at level 10. I have some pet summoning spells like Learing Corpse and Bone Walk and they rock. However, when I try to summon a second pet, it says that I can't have more than one pet at once. Is there a skill or level I have to get in order to have multiple pets at once? Thanks.
  2. phattoni Augur

you get one pet only, later on you get aas that allow swarm pets, these are temporary. you should get a new pet spell every 5 levels or so, casting the newest is always the best, more hp etc...
  3. Peasant Noodles New Member

So only one pet at a time?
  4. phattoni Augur

yea one pet at a time, higher level spell is always better.
  5. phattoni Augur

eventually you will get spell based swarm pets as well, but like i said, they are temporary :p
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You can also eventually get an AA that allows you to 'suspend minion'. So you can cast one, buff it up, suspend it, and cast another. If you die, they are both gone. If the pet dies, you pull the 'suspended' one back out.

Later on when you get 'charm undead' spells, if you charm something your pet dies.

There can be only one.
  7. Sebbina Augur

Low level characters do well, with a Merc tank, as it levels, gears up and skills with the player, and if one is able to get good buffs- Temperance, druid Chloroplast and thorns, your merc is a killing machine to carry you, at least until about 60. Pets are useful if you can get them buffed, but, they have to be replaced as you level up.
  8. Zakor Elder

At the higher levels this is not true. At 80 and higher, pet spells that are of a level that ends in 2 or 7 are warrior pets. 0 and 5 are rogue pets. You do not want to tank with a rogue pet. Thus, i use the 102 pet, not the 105, to tank.