Necromancer DoT Timer

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Usti, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Usti New Member

Hey ladies and gents!

In raids im often losing track of my DoT timers because there are suddendly so many debuffs on the mob / other DoTs.

How are ya keeping track of your DoT refresh timers? Any good GINA overlay?

Thanks!
  2. menown Augur

DoT timers can be hard to keep track of because of SPA 128's variable duration focus that you see on 'back' items. For instance, the focus on raid back items are anywhere from 1% to 35% increase in duration with the caveat of a guaranteed 1 extra tick in duration. SPA 128 is also found on some older potions and on the empowered guild banner, extending DoT durations even further.

There are 2 methods you can use to help keep track of DoTs. You can either create a large, dedicated window for DoT damage and worn off messages or you can use the GINA method found in this post: GINA triggers for NEC | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com).

The GINA method will create some extra spam that you will want to filter out somehow. And you will want to create some type of hotkey for /inspectbuff so you can use it often.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I'm a big fan of GINA timers for DoTs. It's not perfect but I find it's better than nothing. The time you need to maximize damage the most is in stressful and confusing situations where that muscle memory of DoT timing from grinding easy mobs starts to break down.
  4. Beergoggles Elder

to be honest the only timer that matters is wounds fulmination as you don't want to overwrite wounds until that happens. ABC always be casting, overwrite dots if you have to. pyre and extinction are the only two with short enough durations to fall off of mob and it's pretty easy to make your rotation such that you refresh as they fall off.
    Silvena likes this.
  5. Magickon Augur