Necro Thanks Devs!

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Venau, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Venau Augur

I've been meaning to do this for some time but I've either been busy or have forgotten. A while back the requirement for a necro to cast Lifeburn to activate HoD was removed. So....whatever dev(s) listened to us..THANK YOU.

Now, of course, not asking for more help would be folly and way too pleasant for such an evil class, no? I have something else on my wish list.

Dear Dev(s): Could you please remove the requirement to cast a DD spell to fire GoDR? It's quite cumbersome and is just plain annoying (i had to whine haha). I know if this is done...a necro would be able cast nearly twice as many twincasted DoTs. Is that an issue? Sure...I'll agree that it might be. Thustly, I suggest reducing the duration of GoDR by about 30% to balance things out.

Ok Dev(s)! Necros showed some love for you! Will you look into our GoDR situation? Seems all others classes that twincast can simply click a button and cast their nukes, etc.

Love,

Ven
  2. ~Mills~ Augur

They absolutely should remove the gimmick to GoDR again and they need to reduce its reuse timer down to 15 minutes like was done for the nuking equivalent. But no the duration should not be cut in half. You are basically saying its ok for nukers to have multiple minutes of twincasting at their fingers but not necros. Its like you don't even know about improved twincast, spell twincast, scarlet cheetah, the new shaman twincast AA, proc twincast, etc and the reuse timers on some of them or that some can be refreshed via combat.
    Spellfire likes this.
  3. kookoo Augur

4. Siddar Augur

GoDR should just go away and be replaced by improved same twincast AA of other casters that already works just fine on DoT's.

Twincast has always been intended to work on DoT's.
    Iila likes this.
  5. Venau Augur

I'm also saying, whether i like it or not, that the devs do not want to give us a full duration of GoDR without using a DD to fire it......so a 30% reduction in the timer stands a better chance at being implemented as compared to what you are asking for. Just my thoughts and i believe a reasonable compromise. You, of course, are entitled to your thoughts and opinions and i hope they listen to you instead of me....but i've been told, and rather firmly, that your solution will not happen due to class balancing issues.
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

Except they gave us full duration GoDR without using a DD to fire it for a year and half, totally on purpose. And even commented that they were fine with necro dps where it was when that was the case.

It wasn't until the completely broken mana burn came to be that necro stuff was then starting to be questioned because they didn't understand why necro burst was what it was at times. So one dev came in and overrided another by taking away flesh to poison via a nerf to the AA line it impacted as on over reaction to a problem caused entirely by mana burn.
  7. Aegisfayng New Member

Heaven forbid they fix it, amirite?
  8. strongbus Augur

?? its always required a dd to fire. just before feb the mana requirements for it was 10 mana meaning we could use some dd procs to get it to work.
  9. Siddar Augur

You mean flesh to poison proc buff that was given in cotf for the intended purpose of procing godr with out the need to nuke after every dot cast.
  10. Bobsmith Augur

I am so over this topic...waiting sadly to see next fail expansion and our dot consolidation if 300+ posts and over 40k views on the last thread didn't get even a s.t.f.u as a responds, necroing the necro's thread will not do anything ...went from paying yearly to monthly. We shall see....meanwhile dos box and old-school single player games for me.. and yes if I leave game yall can have all my stuff.
    Vdidar likes this.
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

I am talking about Flesh to Poison which purposely had a mana cost set so it worked to proc GoDR for 2+ expansions. This mana cost only occurred after it was requested and explained during beta. No other DD proc has a mana cost to it. Then in March GoDR was changed to require a 100 mana cost which negated the entire reason for Flesh to Poison 2 years after the fact just because a broken mana burn sent them into panic mode.