Necro swarm pets since the patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malaari Manaburner, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Zalamyr Augur

The mana burn change probably needed to happen (although really mana burn in general is just ridiculous). The rest of the changes are garbage.

As a solo/grouping necro, these changes are utter garbage. It's already painful to try and contribute to a fast killing group. Thanks for making it worse. 5/5 star changes. Thankfully my sub already lapsed. Keep up the good work.
    Zakor, Bobsmith and Sancus like this.
  2. Dolamight New Member

Not sure you can even call necro a DPS class anymore. I lost 60% of my burst and 30% on sustained.
    Necro is now the only class in the game to get no benefit from MB while wiz and zerkers are still running 700k to 800k parses and its broken for us alone? Dont get me wrong... I liked MB as it was and still do. Im not advocating any nerf to any class.

Have read alot of groaning about mage nerfs recently and I dont advocate any of them since all but one hit necro and beastlords just as bad. The only uniquely mage nerf was to rains that I know of the rest hit all the big 3 pet classes equally. Necro pets are a joke now and my enchanter's pet with half the pet AA tanks as good as my necro mains pet with all AA's and EM 23.

You will fix the necro class someday so just fess up that you messed up and make it right now!
    Heres a good start.
    1. Life burn needs to hit for 2.4 million like mana burn. Keep your useless health recourse proc. Upgraded life burn?? You gave us nothing and acted like it was some upgrade. It does nothing for me since I tap back with DG after the next dot. Its fluff and I have no use for life burn recourse. Also since you broke mana burn for necros ONLY make life burn have a dot proc thats raid wide like MB but ONLY for dots! Can I get an Amen?
    2. Fix hand of death. Sacrifice dose not work to trigger it so either fix that or just make it trigger when we press the button. Another option is to shorten the cast time of life burn to 1 second so we can trigger it between casts and not lose any time. Prefer the just press button option.
    3. GoDR Make it a button push for twins like shamans or at the very least return FTP to proc twins.
    Vrinda, Sancus and Bobsmith like this.
  3. mackal Augur

They should make the additional damage from MB not attributed to anyone some how, then everyone can stop crying about the burst being nerfed. As long as all 500 counters are used, it doesn't matter who did the damage.
  4. fransisco Augur

Imagine if bards whined like necros about all their damage being attributed to other people!
    code-zero likes this.
  5. code-zero Augur

I recall a necro who posted that he despised bards and refused to group with one because bards improved his dps and he didn't think that it was right that any of his dps be attributable to anyone else
  6. Triconix Augur

I didn't realize that necros were classified as an adps class like bards. I guess I've been playing mine the wrong way this entire time.

This comparison is apples to oranges. Necros are known to be the best sustain dps class in the game if played to maximum potential. The fact they are getting out sustained by multiple classes now - and have always lost in burst fights - means the class is broken.

There's literally no point of ever choosing a necro over uhhh any dps class in the game for 95% of scenarios. The next line of logic most people will use is "well, guilds aren't going to cast them out." Obviously not, but it doesn't mean that necros are more beneficial than potential replacements. Guilds will carry them still because...reasons. They don't perform spectacularly well at any one role like they used to. If given the choice, a raid leader would much rather most other dps classes now considering most, if not all, TBM fights are more burn/burst. Bards, however, were always known to be really good adps/support which last I checked, they still are.

A better comparison would be if a cleric lost 30% of their healing power and are now outclassed by druids, shams, and paladins. But don't let logic get in the way of your statements.
    Vrinda, Indrigoth, Nenton and 7 others like this.
  7. Utaerx Elder

Haven't gotten sick of failing at trolling the necros yet? Don't worry, we'll continue to make you look stupid, as we have done this entire time. You know, like pointing out the fact that you just made a completely incoherent argument that doesn't apply to our class at all.
    Vrinda, Indrigoth, Nenton and 6 others like this.
  8. Bobsmith Augur

Once again the troll is hungry, and totally off base. Keep MB! Restore our own discs and abilities (f2p) that are not reliant on adps.
    Vrinda, Zakor and Sancus like this.
  9. Triconix Augur

They need faster cast times. I'm talking like .5 seconds or event instant cast so the Dots are on the mob from the beginning. By the time I get the 3 loaded on the mob, it's usually half dead.
    Vrinda, Sancus, Utaerx and 1 other person like this.
  10. Traditions New Member

After 9 pages of talk not one Dev is able to respond to any of the threads in this ad and see how much the necro class is broke now...

Its a damn shame they can reply back to useless threads that have no importance to the game as much as this one or a few others pertain to...

On my server now it went from like 20 necros to like 7 necros... wow has the class died so fast... and thats from a friend who still plays but not a necro...
  11. DruidCT Augur

What do you really expect a dev to say?
  12. fransisco Augur

I'm having fun. After all, necros are second only to warriors on whineyness.
    Faana likes this.
  13. Drayze Elder

I believe more Dev transparency is needed. Having a February patch preview that doesn't include the necros nerfs is flat out poor communication. Putting 1 line about the rain nerf in patch notes is poor communication.

Major class defining nerfs should be preceded with a Dev/forum discussion. See the way the pet nerfs were implemented as an example. People may not have been happy about it, but the dev's clear intent was known from the discussion.
    Vrinda, Indrigoth, beryon and 2 others like this.
  14. Utaerx Elder

Your "fun" is basically the equivalent of playing with yourself on the subway. You're just embarrassing yourself. But by all means, keep making stupid arguments that no one takes seriously for the lulz, I'm certainly not going to stop you.
  15. Zakor Elder

Gonna let subscription lapse. It was inevitable. This is beyond stupid, beyond ridiculous, beyond short-sighted.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Dunno man, Mages are way up there too. Remember when they made changes to pets? ^ . ^
  17. Repthor Augur

Knights are up there to. when i think about it just about every class whines as much as they possibly can about just about everything
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sks absolutely, Paladin not so much.

The only things I've seen Pal whine about lately is AE aggro, and they absolutely have every right to bring it up given their current tools (or lack thereof).
  19. Tyraxor Augur

Well that shows a problem with the whole game tbh, if mobs die so fast it's all off balance.
    Was Eq supposed to be Hack n' Slash?

Btw i'm tired of reading how certain classes "whine".
    Pointing out totally unfair changes is not whining, it's your damn right as paying player.
    It shows that especially the communication from Devs to players is terrible, people are trying to be heared but as someone else said...when do they ever post a reply on things that bother many players?
  20. mackal Augur

Nothing like having to rely on people being below 100% HP and RNG. Why aren't sweet AOE stuns a thing PALs get?
    Sheex likes this.