Necro swarm pets since the patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malaari Manaburner, Feb 17, 2016.

1. strongbus Augur

I have tried getting a reason via both post and pm and all I get is its for game balance. But they for some reason WILL NOT say why these changes where needed for game balancing which tells me there is no reason for them to be gutting necro dps into a point to make us just bout useless on raids and grouping.
  2. Thraine Augur

You are 100% correct here, DBG will mold this game into what they want regardless of anything we say. You guys should just be lucky you were able to avoid the nerf bat for so long.
  3. Silv Augur

Hmm... if it was for "game balance" I wonder when they'll go back and adjust all of that content that was tuned for pre-nerf Necro DPS, etc. Oh, wait... :rolleyes:
    Caell, Vrinda and Mayfaire like this.
  4. Siddar Augur

Necro main pet is broken if this change stands. Main pet dies to non named slowed trash mobs with both cleric merc and RB procing heals like crazy. Dumping agro to swarm pets the majority of the fight is the only viable option against many trash mobs.

Necros have taken a massive hit to there group ability if this change stands. Casting two swarms every single pull as necro's opening casts is standard procedure for necro's while grouping you have cut necro group DPS by at least 25% in group game with this change. Necro group DPS has already fallen behind Enchanter group DPS a class that is literally light years more desirable then a necro in groups even with zero DPS.

Is your goal to here turn necro's into a raid only class because unless that is your intent then clearly you guys don't know what your doing.

Daybreak please stop being stupid.
    Sancus, RPoo, Utaerx and 3 others like this.
  5. ---Xislaben--- Augur

They nerfed swarm pets because I assume they felt multiple ranks made them too easy to solo with. Never you mind this hurts group dps imho.

They nerfed manaburn for DoTs because I assume if nobody else dps'd a mob it could really add up for a dozen+ DoTs once all getting the benefit, and that they didn't like that. Manaburn as recently implemented was and is crazy OP and shouldn't be in game, imho.

They nerfed Flesh to Poison/Gift of Deathly Resolve because, well actually I have no idea. Between this and the creation of modern Manaburn in the first place I'm going with drugs in the water supply ;)
    Indrigoth, Vrinda, Bobsmith and 4 others like this.
  6. Utaerx Elder

I understand where you are getting at with this, but I just can't muster much gratefulness over avoiding unnecessary nerfs to my class until now. I remember one necro saying at one point back during TDS beta that it was serious indication of the state of this game that avoiding a nerf is now considered as coming out ahead. He's even more right now than he was then.
    MrMajestykx, Vrinda, Mayfaire and 2 others like this.
  7. Fnyanea Augur

Mid-tier guilds being screwed for sure. Wait till the top end guilds all beat TBM, THEN nerf everyones exp? What is the purpose of that?
    Utaerx and Silv like this.
  8. fransisco Augur

If necros are afraid to post any parses, that is because they are trying to hide how powerful they are.
    Being the only class that routinely NEVER posts any parses makes me think even after all this necros are doing just fine.
    Rafather likes this.
  9. Dacono New Member

On top of taking one of the best historically soloing classes in the game and making it impossible to smartly solo any content of non summoning mobs.

You kill our raid burn dps.
    It was not bad enough we could only have 3-4 necros in a raiding guild because of the 54 max slot debuffs on mobs. Even with 2 necros on a raid it is common to see dots bounce off of a mob because of the shear number of debuffs cast on a mob. That alone cuts a necros possible DPS by at least 33%

Other classes complained how much DPS a necro could do but no one ever realized that we have to run 9 spell sets, still use our epics form OoW/DoDH, and casts spells from the low 90s lvls.

Playing a good necro is probably one of the hardest classes in the game and now oyu just made it impossible to even play a good necro. Go go wizzards and there 300k dps just hitting the 1 2 3 keys over and over.
    Parts and Thana_01 like this.
  10. Utaerx Elder

Calm down there, Dan Brown. You didn't just figure out the grand necro conspiracy. We post parses, just not to Live forums, because it's filled with a bunch of misinformed and kneejerk blowhards who have an axe to grind against the class. All of my guildies have seen my parses, including the ridiculous inflated ones from Manaburn. Also, not many people understand how steep the learning curve is on the class, so they see a big parse and think that is typical of what most necros can do. It's not. I feel like I am solidly an above average necro, but I can't do what Shennron or Azrael can.
    Mediik, Indrigoth, Jujue and 3 others like this.
  11. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Was going to by TBM for my other account. Decided to wait till after the patch. AM I GLAD I DID!!!!

Won't be buying it now
    Malaari Manaburner likes this.
  12. Fnyanea Augur

The real question is, given their limited resources, how do they have time to keep nerfing things that worked? When they could be fix things that are broken?
  13. Traditions New Member

Great jod DBG on the necros you took a class that really has a hard time to find groups and progress and get xp making it even more difficult for them to gain anything... necros was designed there way in the first place and you are starting to break them and every other class out there...

Is this your way to drive away customer base so you can finally fold up the game? well your during a great job... Keep up the good work with the knowledge of the game you have nothing of...
  14. Silv Augur

Or working on the next new content release even since they've almost ironed out most of the garbage with TBM now...
  15. Iila Augur

So many classes to nerf, so few patches.
  16. Silv Augur

Averages to 1.3 classes to nerf per patch every year.

If you consider upgrades to other classes which other classes find offensive does that count? So this patch we have Necros + a side dish of Warrior angst?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  17. Sancus Augur

At this point in the game any class would be smart to avoid posting parses on the forums. The monthly patch notes have basically turned into Russian Roulette, where any class could be next on the chopping block. It's sad, but it seems the best option is simply to avoid being that class as long as possible.
    Indrigoth, Jujue, Vdidar and 6 others like this.
  18. Iila Augur

No, EQ isn't a zero-sum game. One class can gain power without it decreasing the power of another class. Warriors didn't lose any power in this patch, and can do everything they could do a week ago.

Unless you want to argue that the power increase for knights was paid for by the necro nerf. Which would require some logical gymnastics that would be entertaining to read.
    Vrinda, Sancus and Silv like this.
  19. Silv Augur

It's like someone else mentioned though: with a severely reduced staff and content STILL broken in the expansion released... where are they finding time to do these sweeping nerfs and huge gameplay changes? It really boggles the mind. Moreso, I'm curious *who* is instigating all of this since usually Elidroth was the "nerf hammer god of backtracking".

Was just trying to figure out how they could squeeze in nerfs for each class every year. I guess some months we'll just have 2 or more classes hit at once :)
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  20. Siddar Augur

Same here fix to pet agro this patch almost had me set on buying TBM for second account.