Necro state

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Darkoon, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Majin-ryokoryu Journeyman

I shouldn't need to bring a plate tank to do grp content with a raid pet focus. Hell, using the pet to tank the next grp pet focus is what I did up til 100. Past 100 is where the pet started getting insta-popped by any named. This is quest named or actual named. Hell the 107 tank pet still can't tank TDS named, TBM named or EoK named and it's got compressed copper stud attached to it as a focus. Can't even begin to tank the end guys long enough for them to start going into immune phases on the intro TBL mission as it dies instantly. on the few it doesn't die instantly from the melee damage the instant the spell effect hits it then it will die. this is through the companions fortification fully equipped with mage summoned gear and stacked buffs from GH sitting.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TDS & TBM HA?

Because those are not tuned right if so - they are awaiting reversions of mob levels/ac/hp & melee dps values (spell values were reverted to original tables already).

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ack-about-heroic-adventure-difficulty.273833/
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Whatever. You want things to be how you want, but they are what they are.

You bothered to make a box char, but not one to solve the issue.

We play a game with all kinds of things needing looked at, and a very small dev team to fix them.

So, you can stew, and say it shouldn't be that way, or you can roll a box that actually solves the problem.

But then there wouldn't be anything to complain about.
  4. Ythera Augur

Not sure why your pet can't tank Fight Fire. I did that one dozens of times searching for the chase items with my necro not 3 months ago on Phinigel and it could tank the mobs. If you're trying to tank 2+ mobs, it'll get walloped, but one on one it's fine. Just pull singles until the first two waves are dead and then use pestilent paralysis + feign to lock down 3 of the 4 lieutenants and finish them off one at a time. Set your healer merc to passive while pulling/locking down the lieutenants, or else it might heal you and train itself. Make sure to slow each target using the fire nuke + death's malaise. If the healer merc gets behind, click your companion's aegis to give it time to catch up.
    Skuz and kizant like this.
  5. Majin-ryokoryu Journeyman

The end mobs are agro-linked, you can't split em and they summon from 100%, you have to have the pet tank them all for part of the time until they start rotating their status being only one active at a time.
  6. strongbus Augur

wth? they may be agro linked but they don't summon from 100% I have rooted them in place and taken on 1 at a time before np.
    Yinla, Skuz, Tarvas and 1 other person like this.
  7. bobokatt Augur

OMG I was going to just comment on the Fight Fire mission that the ONLY thing annoying about that mission as a solo/molo 115 necro is the fact I did it 21 times in a row, and managed only ONE bloody ring -- arg!

The way Ythera explained it, is 100% correct and exactly what I do, I mean to a freaking "TEE"! I was going to try and explain what I do to help you, but he/she knocked it out of the park. Espcecially take note of your Merc's state -- very important (but this should apply to ALL pulls, necro or not really, depending on situation).

YES, the 4 mini guys are linked for a pull. Yes they will come together, but DO NOT DAMAGE THEM. Just do what a necro does, tag one (scent), then SNARE, BACK BACK BACK... switch, snare, switch PUNT, FEIGN (factoring space, time, lag, etc), wait, rotate, rinse repeat. to give you as much space as possible. The key is getting 3 LOCKED down (pestilent paralysis), and little cute pet on ONE only. As pet and DOTS are hurting the one you are on, keep vigilant on the 3 others as they do at times WIPE their PP/Snares etc, but again this is necro 101. You DO NOT stop checking. It's one of the few missinons I actually now keep the skelly (Call Skeleton Horde) up, if I need to have something to get the attention of one of them if they get loose if PP is NOT up.

Serioulsy, until I worked it out, trying to keep my stupid merc up was the hardest thing for the reasons Ythera stated. Unless you are ok waiting for your Merc to be revived over and over.

On a side note, defiant and Confgl gear is SO CHEAP, that when I can, I flood my pet with it. Everything helps if you can't get mage stuff (crap)....
  8. Majin-ryokoryu Journeyman

Confl cheap? it runs on average 50-80k apiece depending on slot.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just make it yourself. Couple K per piece.

Can't make it? Get the mats, chat in General for someone to do the combines for you for a few K per combine.

Don't have the mats? That's what Overseer is for :)
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

what mana?
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't know. You typing "mana" is the first time it's occurred in this thread ;)
  12. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

sure as heck don’t have any in game.
    I will say, coming back to the game at lvl 110 with 120k hp and 15000 more aa was a bit... overwhelming. I do like the dot overhaul and the 5 total burn buttons. Now I just need to stop procrastinating and get 115.
  13. Szilent Augur

Curse of Muram
    Gathering Dusk
    Hand of Death
    Heretic's Twincast
    Mercurial Torment
    Spire of Necromancy

and sometimes Funeral Pyre

which didja miss?
  14. Zamloz New Member

I experimented with this during raids when shaman were out DPSing me on burns because of their insanely high DoT DPS. I intentionally waited till all the visible slots on the mobs were used up before I started casting then tossed out all my longer duration stuff to fill up spots, I noticed that even after they are all filled up, my dots still landed and did damage even if they didn't show up in the list.
    If there is a cap for npc debuffs/dots, I have no idea what it could be. Best thing to do would be to get an army of dot classes and load up a combat dummy with long duration dots till new dots stopped landing.
  15. Raccoo Augur

Shaman out dpsing necros, when, for 1 month during EOK? Any necro in COV era getting out-dpsed by shaman need some work.
    There're 97 debuff slots. Maybe you don't have the window expanded fully, because they are visible now, although in the past the song window debuffs were hidden. Are you the only necro on the raids? It's odd to not hit limit with 2+ necros, with bards/shaman/druids/enchanter/beast/rangers also dotting. Not to mention, all the coalitions/instant cast disc spam from melees.
  16. Raccoo Augur

17. Lyyr Lorekeeper

Looks like you missed the part when Zamloz said 'when' referring to that exact point in the past when the newly revamped Shaman DoT's were the envy of all.
  18. Lyyr Lorekeeper

That and it would be extremely limiting (not too mention stupid) for a raid to stack all of it's dps from one class.
  19. Raccoo Augur

Ahh, that makes sense. That was years before the full debuff window was visible.
  20. Szilent Augur

The full list has always been exposed to /inspectbuffs. It takes just once tapping a social for that command when the cannot-land message crops up to discover the debuff limit.