Necro Splirt at higher levels

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Darkkaster, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Darkkaster New Member

Hey necros,
    I would like to hear your thoughts. I was going through Allakhazam and looking for an older spell when I came across the Spell: Splirt as follows: decrease hitpoints by 2069 at level 90 and 227481 at level 110. I am level 103 so I am sure at level 110, there are other dots capable of 227k damage. Currently my hardest hitting dot I believe is dichotic paroxysm.
    Any necros out there use Splirt line at higher levels? I am sure it would be situational to a long fight (2 minutes at least). I am wondering for long fights if its worth throwing Splirt on along with the Necrotizing Wounds and Pernicious Wounds. I use the necrotizing line as first line on my longer root rot fights. Is Splirt worth looking into even at level 103? Is 227k the max damage on the last tick and damage would take too long to hit substantial damage making it not worth it?
    Thanks for your input.
  2. menown Augur

Allakhazam's parser is showing incorrect information. The spell is terrible in every situation at level 110.
    Venau likes this.
  3. Smix New Member

The splirt spell line turned in the the "wounds" spell line. Menown is correct in that it's mostly terrible, but situationally, it's fantastic.

First, you need to understand how the spells work. Initial damage is pretty minimal, but after the spell runs its duration it triggers a recourse, which is another spell for much much more damage. The downside of this is that it takes 2+ minutes for the spell to really start doing much damage. The upside for long fights, root rotting , raids you can really lay down some dps.

To see how this spell works cast it on a guild hall combat dummy, toss on the spell and watch the initial spell damage vs the recourse. Stacking 4 or 5 wound spells (all the wound spells stack down the Splirt if I remember) with crits after the recourse and you're going to see some jaw dropping damage. You just need 3 minutes to get there.

Another useful thing you can do with the spell is to do what I call "pre dotting" mobs. Especially in TBL where mobs have some crazy damage and you need to get them down fast, I cast the highest level wound spell and FD. You will stay on the agro list throughout the duration and the mob won't take damage. Right as the spell is about the expire and before recourse the triggers have the main tank engage. It adds a healthy junk of DoT DPS right off the bat.