Necro ---some Questions..

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Lheo, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Lheo Augur

1. When will we get an AA replacement for our WORN EPIC Effect: Dark Wisper?
    2. When will we get more combi dot spells?
    3. When will get an lvl 105 FEAR ?
  2. nantalbus Elder

1st. NEVER going happen. They been looking for a way to get rid of that thing for a while now. In fact they had a couple plans for the last 2 exp but never put them into effect cause of all the work it take to redo the spells. Though I expect that when they get round to redoing the spells for the dot changes they will do it then as it be a easy fix.

2nd. They said they where going do the dot combins/changes after they made sure EOK was running fine. This was said in beta in case you didn't have access to see it.

3rd. A fear at 105? I stopped using fear on my necro round level 50. Why would anyone fear anything at level 105?
  3. Lheo Augur

Its a bad joke i have to wear my epic with lousy stats and ALL other classes can wear thier shiny new weapons from the newst expansion...

DEVS wake up :)
  4. Aelen Augur

I like my epic.

I don't like the odds of the accompanying balance changes being good for me when it goes away.

I doubt they'll be giving an AA/Aug to do what the epic did, despite it being the simplest(Read also as only) method of keeping our balancing point the same. It was suggested, they explicitly rejected it. When they finally do whatever they're going to do with it, we will be in a different place balance-wise, better or worse.

It always strikes me as odd when people downtalk our epic for having low HEM. It's better than a modern weapon despite the disadvantage. If the higher stats were worth more, you'd be using those instead.
    Vrinda and Felicite like this.
  5. Lheo Augur

i like the optic of my epic too--but that can stay with an aug on a new weapon with stats all other classes wear already since years..
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

Just leave it alone. If you want a bunch of stats that do next to nothing in trade for a stat that does then go play another class and don't screw the rest of us over with your whining.

I think they finally figured out or listened that crit rate isn't the big bad wolf.
    Vrinda, Spellfire and Felicite like this.
  7. Lheo Augur

To ask for what every class has since years is hardly "whining"
    Cakekizy likes this.
  8. Evurkvest Augur

I dont really see what the problem is with the Epic.

- Add level restrictions to Dark Whisper and Empowerment of Shadows effect.
    - Add 18 more levels @ 1% each to Critical Affliction AA. Perhaps autogrant if you got epic.

Done!
  9. Lheo Augur

@Evurkvest Yup :D
  10. menown Augur

Except the Devs have already said "No" to both the AA and an augment with the foci ideas.
  11. moogs Augur

The other side of this is that at least your epic still has some value. Mine became worthless after level 75. Even if I click it from my inventory, it has no effect.
  12. ~Mills~ Augur

It is whining. Every other class would kill for their epic to still be as good as it was the day it entered the game.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

If only someone came up with those ideas previously. Oh wait that has been proposed 100 times already and they said no 10 years ago, 9 years ago, 8 years ago ...................... 1 year ago and every time in between. The options have been leave it alone or they do some funky complicated change that hides what they do that sorta leaves you the same right at the moment but then is easily taken away later with out most noticing or understanding. IE we will give you 40% more dot power this launch but if its to much we will just take it away and we reserve the right to just give you 50% less of an upgrade next time around compared to other spells so you essentially lost your epic for nothing but those shiney stats people are hung up on for absolutely no reason.

Leave it alone sheople.
    Felicite likes this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

*every other class except SK/CLR perhaps? I think one could make an argument that they're at least as good as they were in OoW, eh?

(You're still my boy, Blue!)
  15. Ybidzian New Member

Well they could just add stats to the epic I suppose, make it's HP/mana etc equivalent to the modern one handers. Each expansion add another few stat upgrades. But I'd never give up wearing mine, the effect is too good.
  16. Vrinda Augur

As Mills said, "If you want a bunch of stats that do next to nothing in trade for a stat that does then go play another class and don't screw the rest of us over with your whining."

And if you don't like that suggestion, here's another: Loot one of those shiny new weapons you're so enamored of to pad your Magelo. It won't change anything, but clearly it will make you feel better about the size of your epeen.
  17. Lheo Augur

ah stats wont change anything...lol you are soooo clueless...(ok wear your lvl 10 armoritems ;P)
    fransisco likes this.
  18. Lheo Augur

Then let weapons drop with dark whisper effect on it, problem solved...
    Cakekizy likes this.
  19. ~Mills~ Augur

I'm glad you just started playing this game and are enthusiastic. However your innovative idea has also been requested for well over a decade and was turned down every single time. The only option is to keep it like it is or trade it away for some mana, hps and heroics at the cost of the dps. This isn't an option for those of us who enjoy the class.
    Vrinda and Felicite like this.
  20. Venau Augur

Has anyone ever asked the devs to just slightly boost the stats on gear a necro equips to balance the loss due to it being mandatory that we wear our epic? Anyone? Thoughts?