Necro- Scourge of Destiny

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Jaylin, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Jaylin Augur

Is Scourge of Destiny not getting the aa from Lingering Death or from its Focus AA: Scourge of Fates not applied?

Taking off all focus effects and faycites with lingering death AA on a rank 3 Scourge of Destiny cast (Base dmg 3459 against living) i was non-critting for 5040, and critting for 23846.

It has a base duration of 42 seconds, so i tested another 42 duration dot with similar dmg. I Tested Bomoda's Pallid Haze rank 3. Its less dmg at 3165 base dmg. I expected it to do less dmg than Scourge since its lower dmg base. 3459 vs 3165. But with no focus effects it in play, non crit i was getting 5933 and while critting i got 28088 dmg per tick.

Both using a 42 base duration they should add similar dmg from Lingering death, but Haze was vastly outperforming Scourge even though it is lower dmg.

I know a few months back a dev commented that scourge wasnt properly using the focus aa for it, and i thought they said it was fixed. It seems its either not fixed, or im just having some weird numbers.

--------------- Scourge vs Bomada's Pallid Haze - both rank 3
    Base -------3459------------3165
    Non crit-----5040------------5933
    Crit-----------23846----------28088
  2. birdsong_pawn Augur

At the risk of casting Wake the Dead on this post, I was wondering if there are any updates on this.

The spell Scourge of Destiny looks interesting, but not quite good enough to use. I'd like to hear some opinions on it.
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

Haven't tested this in awhile but something was off with its base damage and its focus line.

It is just a very cumbersome dot to use now with the 12 second recast timer. The original version Eternities Torment had the standard 1.5 second recast timer so not sure why he felt the need to add it. Considering its not the best dot we have even when the bane damage qualifies. It either needs to be in your permanent spell slots for your spell swaps or you just eat the lost time waiting on its recast which negates any benefit, neither is great.

Aristo rarely ever takes feedback on spells but it should have been a 1.5 second recast dot. Druids dot with a timer does 27,666 to any target and Enchanters dot with a timer does 20,111 to any target.