Necro safe Druid ports?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Evermage, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Evermage New Member

Hey everyone,

Anyone know what Druid ports are safe for a DE Necro? I know Lavastorm is but the Karana's are not.

Also,

Is Blackbarrow the only place I can fight to get my faction up so the silly Druids/Treants don't attack?
  2. Sebbina Augur

Invisibilty is your Friend. However a zone like Wakening Lands has a see invis Dragon within agro range so you would want to fix your - Claws of Veeshan - faction, first. Concerning fixing city factions, most of them can be worked against some base KOS mobs, it is just usually a long process that few are willing take the time for anymore.
  3. DeadLikeMe Journeyman

I'm not sure what you mean by safe. Most places are anti necro and/or anti DE. Granted a lot of NPC's might be satisfied with insulting your odor or parentage, but as a rule, no one will like you. I suggest you get into the habit of invising before accepting any port. If the druid is your friend, s/he should invis you before porting you. Sorry, can't help you with the faction question. I embraced my evil side. It was horrible factioning for the CoA robe or spells in Hills of Shade, but that was me.
  4. Dazzler Twodirks Lorekeeper

Faction up.
    As a wood elf i can wander all over Paineel.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

A Tier'Dal is going to be KOS everywhere old-world outside of DE/Ogre/Troll territories, or anywhere you can work on direct faction (like Highkeep)
  6. Caudyr Augur

Faction or invis. Factioning is boooriiiiiiing imo, so I would also suggest you just invis up (or have the druid invis you up). ;)
  7. DeadLikeMe Journeyman

there are some factions you just can't fix though. I killed for a long time in Guk trying to fix my faction so I could get an illusion item. I think I got as high as indifferent before my faction couldn't get any higher.
  8. Pizacatto - CT Augur

You young kids and your MMO's these days. Back in my day, factioning up meant something, and we'd sit in zones for days on end just to get dubious! Now-a-days, you young punks just go to the Loyalty Vendor in PoK and buy a potion to fix all that nonsense.

And don't get me started on camping for Emp keys in Luclin!

mumble grumble
  9. Sebbina Augur

The loyalty vender faction potions resets you to what you would be at normally, so if you were dubious or better and killed Sir Lucan De Lere, yes a freeport militia reset would get you back to non KOS. If however you start KOS, and use the potion you stay KOS.
  10. Caudyr Augur

LOL. I did all of this too, y'know. I've been playing since 1999, too...I just...always hated the factioning for days on end and whatnot. :p Always found it hard to get motivated to do that stuff...and I remember the nightmare of camping the emp keys in Luclin. D:
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

For evil races you need to use the ghoul lord skin.
  12. Evermage New Member

Sorry I wasn't clear, I really meant for Evac's and such, I'm boxing so all the toons are mine and I can get invis whenever I want, but when the poop hits the fan, getting invis up really isn't a option.

I wonder if a Wizard would be better? since DE's can be Wiz they must be able to use all the ports safely
  13. Evermage New Member

I killed a bunch of Gnolls today in BB just fora test and my faction didn't move an inch! I guess I need to do more LOL. or go Wiz ports and wait till 51 to get my SoW AA's
  14. Sebbina Augur

You want a safe zone to Evacuate to, try Succor Ro level 32, or Wind of the South level 37. They are evac spells so it is possible for a character to get left behind and evac spells cast faster then group port spells.
  15. Argosh Augur

I wouldn't worry about raising faction, unless you really just want the druids to like you. Cast invisibility before the druid ports you and you'll be fine.
  16. Arkaron New Member

I would use evac instead of a port spell--that should put you somewhere relatively safe.
  17. Gannen Elder

I do port around a KOS to druid rings critter so I have to watch some ports... I'll put the evac ones in bold. I would usually have the south ro or Butcherblock evac up, when I was keeping one up for emergencies... and really, the butcherblock one would be most ideal... no roamers that go thru that spot, the vendor there is not KOS, you're a short run from a PoK book, also a short run from the Magus to use the LDoN inter-magus system...

Druid ports:

UNSafe without invis for KOS to druid rings... these ports, I always do a group invis before i port to, when I'm running someone around...

Surefall Glades, North Karana (Druids), Commonlands (Druids), East Karana evac (Succor:east... Druids), Twilight sea (If you've hunted the elementals there, and are kos, this will aggro as bad as a druid ring, usually one will aggro, sometimes two or three)...

Safe:

South Ro (no druids, but on rare occasion a lower level roamer will aggro), Great Divide, Butcherblock, Steamfont, Toxulla Forest, Grimling forest (one of the safest ports to port and go AFK), Nexus, Plane of Knowledge, Plane of Time, Blightfire Moors, Direwind, Steppes, Brells Rest, Pillars of alara, Loping Plains, Wall of Slaughter, The Steppes, Bloodfields, Barindu, Natimbi, Arcstone, Undershore, Feerrott, Stonebrunt, Dreadlands (Combines), Lavastorm,

Not KOS at the zonein, but roamers might aggro:
    Iceclad ocean, Misty Thicket, The Grounds, Beasts domain (not a spot i'd port in and go AFK really), The Buried Sea (the animals), Cobalt Scar (the drakes do path close to the ring, if you're kos to the drakes), Wakening lands (Woushi sees invis if up, and the roamer giants), Dawnshroud Peaks, Skyfire, Emerald Jungle (sometimes the roamers on skyfire and emerald jungle get a little close to the port in spot)
    Evermage, robbuo and BlankStare_001 like this.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

Nice list, +1!
  19. robbuo Lorekeeper

Very good list! +1
  20. Evermage New Member

Very complete post, thank you very much for this answer!