Necro Pet Heals not working. Necro pet isnt undead.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hadesborne, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Hadesborne Augur

Just found this out wants to point it out as I will /bug it
  2. Hadesborne Augur

Any ETA on this fix?
  3. Superdeath Lorekeeper

the post in the live forums for this topic states it will be fixed with the august update... cuz it " apparently" cant be fixed as a hotfix.
  4. Prathun Developer

This has been fixed internally. A full server down will be required to address this on Live servers.
  5. ShadowMan Augur

That stinks that necromancers now have to wait a month before being able to heal their pets again, sort of a big deal. How about we get a bone and you make sure to nudge whomever is now working on necromancer dot revamps to have that ready for the patch as well!!
  6. qweasy Augur

Cool. Any updates on the Vox or queen bee bugs?
  7. Rhodz Augur

Imagine how quickly things would have been fixed if the pet heals had been doing a CH every cast on the pet... what maybe a day? less?
    Yeah some things never change.
  8. Moege Augur

Risiko likes this.
  9. Rhodz Augur

10. Prathun Developer

The update on the morning of the 25th was to address problems with character transfers.
    This was not a full update. No design data was pushed out.

I know that it seems like if the servers come down then any and every fix that requires a server down to would also go. This is, unfortunately, not how things work. I get that it's frustrating. It can be frustrating for us as well.
  11. qweasy Augur

Maybe you should make it work like that. Having us wait 2 months to get this bug fixed is ridiculous.
  12. Prathun Developer

2 months? It's been 6 days. What calendar are you on? Is it Mayan?
    Rorce likes this.
  13. qweasy Augur

Ya for some reason I was thinking this was the Vox thread when posting. But still it's been 6 days now, by the time the patch goes out in August it will be a month. Still too long.
  14. -wycca Augur

It is frustrating. Unfortunately it's also a reality of an 18 year old game, a testing and quality control process, and probably resource allocation internally. There's also just limited hours in the day and the workweek.

What's amazing is how improved this all is compared to "back in the day". The process & communication is immeasurably better IMO.
  15. Rhodz Augur

I get it, all you want is do your job well and go home knowing you have done so.
    Did it for 30 years in IT, finally had enough of corporate silly-think and retired.
    As a techie you have my sympathies but then as a customer it is fairly lame.
    Thanks for giving a damn
  16. Juzam Djinn Elder

You have got to be kidding me. You are going to actually make the Necromancer Community Wait util the next patch ( month away) to have their pet healing fixed. That is absurd.

Let me ask you this: IF all of a sudden Virtue could no longer target PC's Would you make Clerics wait an entire month to be able to buff again? I have a feeling it would be fixed ASAP. ( Not picking on Clerics ) This type of Bug would effect a big part of the community.

I know the necromancer community is shrinking at an almost alarming rate and nothing much has been done to improve this class. There are some of us that are hanging on to hope that someday you would see it for yourselves.

Not fixing this just shows that Necromancers are an afterthought and consistently back burnered

Not trying to tell you how to do your job but jeez
  17. Rauven Augur

This. To make major changes, the EQ team used to have to go to Verant/SOE. Now they've got a little more wiggle room.

Even that has its limits. Prathun would love to bring the servers down 6 days ago and apply the fix. But he doesn't get to make that decision. They have to put it into all the other fixes that are scheduled.

If the Virtue line of spells wasn't working, yes it might have gotten fixed faster. Why? Because it affects 2 classes across both regular servers and TLP.

Necro spell affects one class on one server. That's called triage, and it happens in coding all the time. The project I've been working on has had bugs go unfixed for 2 years. Why? Because they aren't game breaking. And there much more important things that need to be worked on.

Someone saying Necros will quit over a pet heal is sensationalizing at best.
  18. Siden New Member

Honestly though, this being just the drop for me, see all you lovely weirdos in another game somewhere, R.I.P. EQ days *wanders off...*
  19. Juzam Djinn Elder

I dont think Peeps are going to quit over this and Im not trying to cast off something sensational . Its just another thing to shake your head at when it comes to necros ... Yet another thing back burnered ...This just got added to the list. of to-do's for a class / community that has been dwindling .

When I say dwindling I mean re-rolling to another class or just using a necro as a utility box.

It is what it is ....Just kinda stinks
  20. Febb Augur

The fix went in, all they need to do is do some server restarts.

You must be new to everquest, you're lucky they actually addressed the problem.