Necro OoW robe and 7yr Vet AA

Discussion in 'Casters' started by sk8jack, Oct 25, 2019.

1. sk8jack Journeyman

Hey guys does anyone know if the increased chance for DoT crit from OoW robe for necro stacks with our 7th Vet AA Intensity of the Resolute?
    The description for Intensity of the Resolute says it does not stack with Glyph of Destruction.
    What about the OoW robe then? Does the robe stacks with Glyph of Destruction?
    Thanks.
  2. DaciksBB Augur

3. sk8jack Journeyman

With Epic 2.0 and full Dot Crit AA, should I stack OoW robe clicky with Intensity of the Resolute?
    Since OoW Robe is 40% crit increase and Intensity is 50%, would it be more beneficial to just not stack them together?
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Technically they stack...but, you don't want to run both at the same time for the reason that sk8jack has mentioned.

Here's a great post on the topic, although it's going to be outdated soon since they are toying with the AA's for ToV.

http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=16768.0
    DaciksBB likes this.
  5. DaciksBB Augur

oh I know, I was just answering the question, they both can be used together. I don't play a necro (at least not one above level 77) so outside of what stacks, I'm useless :p

thanks for that link
  6. Zalamyr Augur

To preface this: I'm not a necro, so info could be wrong.

You'll never want to stack the robe and 7th together, as you'll always be over crit cap. Always start with robe if possible, since depending on fight length it might come up again, 7th will not.

As far as the glyph and the robe, I believe they should stack (spell data shows them in different slots). Whether or not you'd want to is a trickier question, since glyph gives both crit chance AND increased crit damage. You'd need a real necro to answer that. My guess is stack them on shorter fights, stagger them on longer ones, but that's just my guess. Group makeup probably changes things. Having the 2.5 vs 2.0 likely changes the math as well.

One of the keys to raiding on necro (and any of the int casters) is paying attention to what buffs you have and not wasting crit chance modifiers. It's especially noteworthy for necros with the 2.5, since you're so easily crit capped. Something as simple as bard epic + fierce eye crit caps a necro with the 2.5.
  7. Ravanta Suffer Augur

8. Zalamyr Augur