(Necro) Old Spectre Pet Model

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smallpox, May 1, 2014.

1. Smallpox Augur

Could we please get a spell, or clickie to illusion or pets back to the original Spectre model?:

[IMG]
    Loratex and Marton like this.
  2. Haldar Journeyman

Just revert all spectres to the old model please. They look so much better.
    Smallpox likes this.
  3. Zaxamaphone Augur

Amen to this.
    Smallpox likes this.
  4. Hayzeus Augur

I'd prefer to have the iksar skellie or zombie back. Even better would be a zombie from The Walking Dead. Ooh... a Rick Grimes or a Merle zombie!!
  5. Tearsin Rain Augur

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

agreed - i have never liked the new spectre models one bit, the classic ones were so iconic and creepy and just better looking overall.
    also completely agree on zombies - the old ones, especially the female model, were just awesome.

oh while i'm at it:
    original model orcs and goblins 4LIFE!

you know, i really can't think of a single NPC new model that i've actually liked.
    old spiders were way better than the newer spiders, i miss the giant underlip of the old bears...
    maybe i just have an ingrained nostalgia-induced fondness for what the blockier graphics of old school EQ made the art team do to make decent looking models, everything new just looks too 'slick' to me.
    Sanh likes this.
  6. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

New snakes are better than old ones.

Also, those old spectres were way overcompensating.
  7. SaderakhBertox Augur

The new illusion does look kind of funny. You can clearly tell the model has two legs and walks (head bob), and the pixels are just not being displayed. I have no idea if the old illusion would be similar in this way. Still, I like all the new and old for various reasons.

I agree with the OP that choice is always nice, so I completely disagree with the second post. If there were SC items with old school illusions, I would seriously consider purchasing. At the very least, I would browse that marketplace section.
  8. Edrick Augur

All updated models should have an option to be changed back to their old models like you can with Luclin models and elementals, although that would be a pretty big list.

Old orc models forever.
  9. Sanh Elder

I'm not a fan of any type of char remodel. Old lions, spiders, orcs, zombies ftw. Oh, and also old char models and pre revamp zones ftw.