Necro leveling + xp

Discussion in 'Casters' started by chronicler, Dec 20, 2015.

1. chronicler Augur

Where is the best place from around 85.... (soloing)

And what is best root/dot or dot kiting, or dot / pets ?

And is it necessary to have something like 2-3 spell settings, u swap for in a fight ?

have necro that i pl, but now wanna try concentrate on solo without boxing.
  2. Brohg Augur

Until they green out, gators in Loping Plains. From there Fortress Mechanotus stuff.

Around 85, you'll be doing classical kiting, mob snared with dots on so it's agro on you, with pet following it for extra damage.

Between 85 & 95, your Pestilent Paralysis AA will get a ton of hastening AA so root-rotting mobs that don't summon gets way more convenient, and you'll get a way tougher pet to then tank+merc down mobs that do summon.

You don't need multiple spell sets, that's a raiding thing.
  3. Naugrin Augur

Outside area in city of bronze.
  4. Reincarnated Lorekeeper

There are lots of places to root/rot post 85. Most people do stick with Loping Plains for a bit, but you can find your way to Hot zones sooner or later. Snakes, Spiders, etc in Ferrott the Dream are non summoners. Every zone on up will have some of the same.

Do the daily tasks if they still yield some xp.

I remember finding my way up to some of the higher tier HoT zones and root/rotting with your pestilent paralysis AA, that you will want to spend some points on as you go. You can root mobs and dot them down, and may have to reapply the root prior to killing them depending on your dps, and how many points you have in the hastened and pp AA's.

I remember spending lots of time in VoA zones, also root rotting. The sarith end of Beast Domain has some plants, dogs, and etc that are all rootable.

You can also use your merc / pet / summoned spell pets to tank and dot mobs, letting your pet take the hate, and FD'ing every now and again to shake your hate.

XP is slow in all the older zones, find some tasks or quests to do along the way to speed things up. Find a solid spot and burn some potions.
    Burstaf likes this.
  5. Caminaara New Member

The best spot in your early 90's is the Wraiths camp in Valley of Lunanyn. You can easily exp to 100 here, root-rotting the wraiths. Once you've worked out the pulls, which isn't difficult, all you have to do is keep invis on while pulling to avoid getting jumped by spiders mid-pull. Set up by the trees in front of the camp and pull to there.

Caminaara.
    <Lovecraft>
    FV Server.
    Burstaf likes this.