Necro gear, Test Server

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Ganakus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Ganakus Journeyman

Looking for ideas to upgrade from the heroic gear. My necro is level 88 with only a couple of minor HoT upgrades. Having only the heroic EM earring my pet gets annihilated by any named mob and if they summon then I don't last long. I do have the EM 12 earring for level 92 (can't remember the name atm). Is there any quest or progression gear that's soloable? I've been doing Gribble HAs but from what I saw at the vendor it doesn't seem to be any better than the heroic stuff. I have bought a couple of other 92 pieces in Baz but there's not a lot to choose from. Or would my best option be to level to 92 for the pet focus and then try to gear up? Thanks for any advice.
  2. Szilent Augur

focus on not-summoning enemies, kill with your dots not your pet
  3. Ganakus Journeyman

Great advice, and that's exactly what I do, but I've yet to find non summoning enemies that drop gear upgrades. ;)
  4. menown Augur

Don't worry about gear just yet. The newer pet focus is not going to make a big difference. Focus on levels and the AAs listed below to assist in leveling through the root rot method.

Get your Pestilent Paralysis AA first thing. Follow it up with:
    Enhanced Decay
    Critical Affliction
    Destructive Cascade
    Encroaching Darkness
    Death's Effigy
    Cloak of Shadow
    Gift of Mana
    and Death Bloom.

Use these to root rot. Find a location where you can tag 1 target at a time without proximity agro. FD when it becomes necessary. Pull to safe place and then use Pestilent Paralysis. Dot the NPC to death. Make sure to not use a weapon with a sympathetic DD proc, or pet, or swarm pet, or DD. Otherwise your root will break early.

Places without summoning NPCs:
    House of Thule (Lower) & the Grounds for root rot up to level 90. Both in HoT expansion.
    Valley of Lunanyn (farmers) for root rot up to level 95. In VoA expansion.
    Shard's Landing for root rot till 100. RoF expansion. This expansion has random drops that you can start gearing up with.
    ---Xislaben--- likes this.
  5. Ganakus Journeyman

PP is the first AA I bought. Tosk has been great for a couple levels I can get about 35-40% per lesson burn, low hp mobs that I can throw 3 dots on and move to the next, 1st is usually dead before I finish dotting the second. Have done city of bronze a few times, get about 2% per kill but I throw 7 dots on and refresh 4-5 more before mob is dead so it's a mana killer for me atm. Valley I haven't looked up yet, killed a few things there then noticed the faction hits, do I not need to worry about that?
    menown likes this.
  6. menown Augur

No, that faction is not important.
  7. GoneFission Augur

Farther into the valley of lunanyn is a graveyard where you can kite or root rot undead.

Also in VoA, you can go to Beasts Domain. In Argath down the spiral towards the valley, turn left instead of right. Around the corner is a set of doors that go down a ramp to Beasts Domain. After zoning in, use levant to cross the zone. Down that hill are a bundle of root-type mobs. You can kite or root-rot them a pretty long way.

As I recall, VoA armor is a minor upgrade to heroic. VoA Tier 1 (rustic, I think) is tradeable and cheap on my server, if you have the plat to make the combine. It’s level 85/90 recommended. Fear-touched and latent ether armor are the first big updates to heroic.