Necro Focus AA tab?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Nindienx, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Nindienx New Member

Seems there are alot of good Necro's still on here and there, so i thought i would ask for some advice.

Question: should i train in Defiler's Synergy or the Focus Spell AAs 1st?

Also the other new AA that hastens the cool down on DOTs, where does that fit in?

Currently, i am a grouper, so i am getting the fast DOT AAs maxed, and then a couple of the other spells i use (dropped smoldering out of the line up LOL). I guess work on the Synergy AA after the spells?

Thanks, 9.
  2. Siddar Augur

Spells first here. I bought the cooldown reducing AA after the first couple of DoT focus lines.
  3. Nindienx New Member

Ok, that path seems like the logical best route. I am about 1/3rd the way thru maxing all my spells, then cooldown reducer, then the Synergy.

What kind of DPS boost are people seeing with the Necro synergy, is it considerable, it should be for 1000 AA LOL. I noticed a nice boost with the spell focus so far.

Thanks, 9.
  4. Utaerx Elder

Unfortunately, synergy isn't really worth it right now. Granted, it's better than when it was tied to Mind Extraction during beta, but the 15% crit multiplier isn't worth chasing when you could just cast another DoT to keep in your spell weave and get more DPS. I imagine it'll see a bit more use whenever the DoT consolidations finally go through and we'll have to cast Impose more during downtime between DoT refreshes. But for right now, don't worry about it, just max out all the Focus lines for your DoTs.
  5. Brohg Augur

He's grouping mostly, there isn't a continuous weave of dots he's keeping up, except in rare cases like golem named in tier2
  6. Venau Augur

Agree with Utaerx. I'd do the focus tab first and then beef your pet up, etc. 15% overcrit added to a group really isnt that much. Better than nothing for sure but not worthy of 1000 AA's at this point. Especially if you are a grouper.

This may be helpful to explain. Let's say u do a necro burn and activate all of your overcrits. Glyph adds 60%, Hand of Death adds an average of about 75%, 3rd Spire adds about 180%, Embalmer's Cara adds about 25%. So these add up to about 340% overcrit on average. And they last at least 45 seconds (a few considerably longer).

Suddenly the 15% overcrit that covers your entire group doesnt look so appealing maybe? Especially since u could be casting another form of dps instead of activating your synergy every couple of ticks.
    Utaerx likes this.
  7. Utaerx Elder

Ah good call, I read the initial post too quickly. Even still though, in group situations you have a limited amount of spells you can cast before the mob is dead. Our nukes are so pathetically bad and the synergy boost is so small, that I would venture to guess it would be better to cast a base 6 tick DoT with max focus AA than chase procs with Impose while grouping.
  8. Nindienx New Member

Thanks all, will do the focus, and DOT refresh before all that. I am sitting at 15k AA so i have all the other jazz trained up. I do box and Mage, and soon a Wiz, so i thought it might boost my group for named in EoK. I have a Bard on the Wiz account, so that helps with DPS.

Keep at the focus spell AAs then.

My pet defense is all capped, i need to work on the xtra attack, does it make an impact?
  9. Utaerx Elder

It synergizes quite nicely with our 105 swarm pet, which is actually pretty decent damage. If you have the bard, make sure to keep Aura up, as it boosts our swarm pets even more.

Also, if you haven't already, max out Destructive Cascade as well.